November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by buttercup96

These are absolutely fabulous! I love the pigmentation! Currently own 3 shades and whenever it's time to do my makeup I can't decide which one i love the most. They don't change color while they fade which is a con in a lot of ds lippies and they last a very long time even if you eat or drink. I do recommend you moisturize your lips a little befroehand because it can be a little drying. You can easily transition them into summer with a simple gloss over it and the pigmentation will still be flawless. Over all in love! 9.5/10

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap but generally too drying for me. I like a moisturizing matte - is that even possible? Meanwhile you can play and experiment with the colors - as they are super inexpensive - and they do last a long time (the darker reds and berries stain me a bit), but I have to use balm under and over top or my lips are so dry and "papery".

You get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While searching for a nice value priced red lipstick for the holidays, I did my research on MUA and planned to pick up Stoplight Red by Wet n Wild at my local grocery store. While there, I met another self-proclaimed "makeup geek" who convinced me to try NYX Alabama instead. She told me the Wet n Wild colors were terribly dry. Alabama looked awfully brickish in color in the tube, but she convinced me that it was extremely wearable and a beautiful color. NOT! It was a dark, brownish toned color, certainly not a suitable choice for this fair skinned blonde. I did like the formula, but it's going back. Luckily my HEB takes back cosmetics, so I'll get my $5.99 back. Next time, I'll heed my own research.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jadesol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These are such great colors and the product is excellent. I do put some eos on first because I find the lipsticks are a smudge drying, but that won't stop me from buying more!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I am in love with Nyx's lip products but these matte lipsticks are just so dry. I bought the color Eden which is a beautiful dark red shade.

I tried moisturizing my lips with lip balms and exfoilating them but for me, this lipstick didn't cut it. Don't get me wrong, these lipsticks are beautifully pigmented but I wish they weren't so dry...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have lips that are naturally pink and you are looking for a true red that doesn't turn orange or pink, try Alabama! I'm telling you I finally found my true red. You will have to prime your lips for staying power but it's worth it. It goes on smooth and looks great. It's staying power isn't great unless you use a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Cheaseonaffinity

I purchased Alabama and it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure if it's because of my natural lipcolor or my really warm toned skin, but most "true reds" look too pink toned on me and are just not classy looking. I also have full lips, and I don't really like them to look any bigger than they are. The brown tones and matte color of this red makes me look so nice and pulled together. It applied nice and doesn't transfer outside my liplines (I kind of trace my lips with concealer and blend). It accentuates my lips but doesn't make them look big, it makes my whole face of makeup look nice and balanced. Mattes are usually not moisturizing, which I don't mind. Some of the creamier lipstick likes to bunch up in my lip lines, making my lips look flaky and I have to end up exfoliating more. This just dries to nice stain and doesn't make my lips flakier. The only thing is the smell is a little off for me. I prefer articifial sweet scents in makeup and this just smells like chemicals. It's not important though and I will repurchase, as well as in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by haleysacomet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love matte, highly pigmented lipsticks and these are definitely the best for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before finding this, my lipstick of choice was the el cheapo WNW stuff that sticks to your face like a parasite (but in a mostly good way). I must say, NYX, I am impressed! This stuff could be it!

I am a talker--by trade, not personality. I spend lot of time leading meetings and public speaking. I once made the mistake of wearing a lush, creamy, bright red lipstick, from a high-end brand, on an all-day meeting day. By the end of my first meeting, you could have mistaken me for Krusty the Clown's delirium tremens-riddled twin sister. Oh yeah, lipstick everywhere--well, except on my lips!

Today, I'm sporting NYX's matte lipstick in MSL07 "Alabama" over a light layer of NYX lip primer, within a line of NYX retractable lip liner in MPL08 "Sand Beige". Looks pretty darn good several hours, a 45 minute drive, and one meeting later.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Iím somewhat new to NYX Matte Lipsticks, but Iím definitely a fan. The obvious pros: itís pigmented, opaque, & it is affordable at $6 each. Of Butter (toffee nude), Euro Trash (dark pink-brown), & Whipped Caviar (muted plum), Euro Trash is probably my favorite because it can be worn everyday & it looks natural on my dark skin. They apply really smoothly for being matte; everyone knows that finish tends to be drying & is unforgiving on chapped or cracked lips. Exfoliate & moisturize, always!

The only cons are its not lasting long & how easily it transfers. I donít know how or why, but it always seems to end up on my teeth or bleeding. I probably just need to use a lipstick sealer. Iíll try it & update with results.