December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool skin toned people unite! If you have cool toned skin you are likely going to really like this palette. It can be tricky to find a palette with tones that really compliments those of us with cool toned skin.

I finally started hitting pan on this palette, and thought it was time to write a review.

I do have a love/hate relationship with this palette.
LOVE:
• The range of colors is great. You can easily create a wide rage of day and evening looks, and everything works so well together. The color range is lovely for those of use with cool toned skin. I will re-purchase just because of teh nice selection of cooler toned colors.
• minimal creasing
• easy to blend and apply

HATE:
• Holy fallout, lots of fallout on some shades
• Glitter! Chopper is a crap color if you are somewhat upward in years like me. Being in my 30's anything with such huge chunks of glitter makes me feel like a clown.
• Not enough mattes. Almost the entire palette is shimmer shades. I prefer more matte looks, especially for work, and this palette doesn't have that option, unless you get one of the add-ons like naked basics
• The brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Throw this away immediately. Even in a pinch, it is awful. One end eats up product and doesn't apply evenly, the other end is too long and makes a hot mess when blending. I am not sure why they wouldn't put a better quality brush in the palette, especially at this price point!
• packaging quality: ugh, about 5 months in, some of my shades started popping out of the package. It isn't a big deal to put them back in, but it created quite a mess in the palette, with some of the colors spilling onto other shades. It never left my makeup station, just lightly used.
• a few of the shades are very chalky, and don't apply or blend very well.

If I had to choose only one palette, it will always be my Lorac pro. I prefer the buttery soft texture and ease of blending that comes with Lorac palettes. But the naked2 palette has a great range of colors, and works really well with my skin tone. It is a re-purchase for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, i am an NC25 and after reading reviews online, it is sugggested that i get the original naked instead of the NAKED2 as according to most of the reviews the original NAKED is more suitable for warmer skin tones.
i bought the NAKED, and HATED it. the colors can look too muddy, even on my not so fair skin.
i decided to buy the NAKED2 out of curiosity and to my surprise am aboslutely lovin it.
my favorite colors are YDK,busted, and snakebite, and bootycall, the last one being the best highlight color for my skintone..it is very warm and yellowish, which looks really natural on yellow skin.
so to all NC25 ladies out there, dont buy into the myth that NAKED2 is only suitable for cooler skin tones because i believe it is absolutely beautiful on ALL skin color.
the only downside, however, is the major fallout with shades like YDK, which is such a shame as its a really beautiful color, nothing a piece of tissue/paper/tape cant fix tho.
if it hadnt been for the fall outs i would've totally given this palette 5 lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I ended up repurchasing this palette after I sold/practically gave away my first palette when I was moving. My reasoning at the time was that as a collector of palettes, especially neutral types; this one felt extraneous. I also felt like it was too metallic and washing me out. Naturally as a makeup hoarder I ended up regretting rendering my Naked collection incomplete and started researching and watching tutorials on the Naked 2 before deciding to repurchase with my Sephora VIB $20 discount gift card. So at least I didn't have to spend the ridiculous 54 dollars on this. Now I wish I had worked with it more because so far I am really appreciating this palette now. I have light olive skin with cool undertones, brown eyes and my natural brown hair with a tinge of red, and compared to all my warmer neutrals this is a refreshing and flattering cooler toned palette for me.

Mini personal story aside, this palette is quite nice in terms of quality, color selection/uniqueness and packaging. The shadows are very pigmented, easy to blend and apply. As Urban Decay shadows go there is fall out when initially applying but not throughout the day.I really prefer the tin style case that snaps shut rather than the Naked 1's cardboard and felt packaging.

Despite complimenting this palette's color selection, I did decide to give this a 4/5 rating partially because some colors are not much my cup of tea; nor did I feel they fit the greige and taupe theme that Urban Decay was going for. The first would be Half-Baked, a repeat from the first Naked. I can't really wear yellowy golds so I wasn't pleased to see it appear a second time. I only wear it in the first palette if I pair it with Gunmetal.The other color I'm not thrilled about is Chopper. I would like this rosy light bronze shade in theory except it simply looks orangey on my skintone. If I want rose-golds I go to the Naked 3. Also, I don't use matte black very often. I wish they had put a cool-toned dark brown in Blackout's place. Then I could use it lightly in the crease and as a liner. When I use Blackout now to darken my crease I feel it starts to make my eyeshadow take on too much of a charcoal grey look. I do use it as eyeliner if I'm in a hurry so it isn't completely useless. The other reason this received a 4 rating is because the price keeps increasing. It is currently 54 dollars, when I first bought it 3 years ago it was 50 dollars. Too Faced's Chocolate Bar is $49, and Lorac's Pro is still at $42, and I consider the quality of those brands to be pretty close to Urban Decay's.

Negatives out of the way, the rest of the colors are pretty, work well together and are surprisingly still unique in my neutrals collection. I finally figured out how to work with this palette's metallic lighter shades, and now they look pretty and don't wash me out. So far I have been pairing Verve with Busted, Suspect with SnakeBite, Bootycall with Pistol, and YDK with Busted. For all these looks I tend to use Tease in the crease, the lighter color on the lid, the darkest color to darken the crease and lining under my eyes, and Foxy and BootyCall to highlight. I try to keep my eye makeup relatively simple because I don't have time nor do I feel it is necessary to use 3 shades on the lid with another 4 in the crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The eye-shadow is high quality, pigmented and blends beautifully.

If you are into Browns then it has everything for a complete look: included are great base color: Foxy(warm), Matte crease color, and inner corner color(Booty Call). Plus 2 sided Brush and 4 primer samples. Many shimmery neutral color options for a Glamorous night look.

The shades are beautiful my faves: Gold (Half Baked), YDK Pinkish Brown, Snake Bite (light shimmery brown).

My only issue with this palette is that most of the colors are shimmery and a bit on the dark side, so it's more of a night time look palette than an everyday pallet. But you can achieve numerous glamorous looks with this. Just too much for everyday use. Still great quality.

My skin is med-light maybe it would be more everyday for some one with a deeper complexion. I prefer the Naked3.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

This was my first large palette and Urban Decay and I was not disappointed. I didn't really experiment with eyeshadow until I got this, I used to just stick to grey, silver and black. Now I experiment every day, I have the Naked 1 and the Naked basics 2 and I wouldn't use another brand now, they are gorgeous.
The texture of them are so soft and easy to blend.. I'm not the most skilled eye makeup applier but I do a great job with these.
I don't rate the brush but I never do like the applicators that you get in makeup sets, no matter what the price. I use my trusty Real Techniques base shadow brush and a Mac 217 and find that it is a perfect partnership.
I have only just purchased Naked 1 so I can't really compare the 2 yet but the colours look beautiful in all 3 sets..I'm not sure that I will get Naked 3 because it looks too pink for me.
It seems pricey at £37 but the 12 shadows last forever and the packaging is both fancy and practical.
I can't recommend this palette enough, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VanillaMoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own all three Naked palettes, but I can honestly say that this is the one that I reach for the most.

I have blonde hair, green eyes and very fair, cool toned skin, and I always found it difficult to find shadows that weren't too warm toned for my complexion. This is where the Urban Decay Naked 2 comes in. The shades are gorgeously cool toned (my favourites being Snakebite and Verve), and compliment my deep green eyes wonderfully. I personally quite like that there's a good mix of shimmer and matte shades in the palette, as this gives it a lot of versatility for me - I can create a subtle day look or a dramatic smokey eye, and everything in between.

The formulation of the shadows is what impressed me the most about this palette. They are buttery, smooth and super pigmented, as well as being very easy to work with, which is a huge selling point for me. They blend easily, and the brush that's included in the palette is amazing! The flat end of the brush is great for packing colour onto the lid, while the fluffy blending end is fantastic for blending out the shadows to create a pretty, seamless look. The packaging is both pretty and sturdy, and gives the satisfying "click" when it snaps closed. My only real complaint is that the primer potion samples are little pods instead of a travel size now. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a lot of use out of them, and I think they're quite generous, but I think the travel size with older versions was a better deal.

Go get this palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Lucindalou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Naked 2 palette today after taking back Naked 3 and wow I love it. The colours are pigmented and show up lovely on my brown eyes..there are some gorgeous golds, beige and browns! I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot, especially Bootycall. It's expensive but worth it I think. You can do the smokey look with the dark colours but I like a nice base on the eye with a darker shadow in my crease!..great for hooded eyes like mine! This is much better than Naked 3 for my olive skin. You couldn't even tell you had any eyeshadow on with that Naked 3, I ended up putting loads on and there was dust everywhere. I'm really happy with Naked 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Urban Decay eye shadows are right up there in my favourites for application and lasting power. I have had Naked 2 in my stash for two years and reach for it as often as Naked and Naked 3 as they are all original enough imo to justify ownership of all three :)

I have been using Naked 2 solidly for the last month and really enjoying all the looks and pairing this with other palettes when I'm in the mood for some colour. It makes a great travel option and if you are fair Tease is a great eyebrow powder.

My current favourite subtle everyday look from this palette is Verve in the inner corner as a highlight, Tease blended into the crease and Suspect as an all over lid colour with Snakebite as an upper lid liner and Copper as a lower eye liner.

Not that I'm here to endorse buying everything you can get your hands on - ok I just might be :) For reference I am NC 15 with a definite yellow undertone, my skin is slightly more pale in the winter time and I find I can easily wear all three of the Naked Palettes so do not regret the purchase of any and should I find myself ever completely using up this palette I would be very sure to repurchase.

Unfortunately from NZ and Australia this is more expensive - I purchased mine from beautybay.com who ship direct to either country.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

My sister has just bought this palette and I am very jealous.
I have the first naked palette but after using this one a couple of times I have decided I like this one better, which is really quite difficult because I loved the first one! (this could partly be because the 1st one has lasted so long I feel like I need a change)
Both are really fantastic products, quite expensive but great investment products as they last ages!
I'm very pale and have blonde hair and blue eye, with the 1st palette I felt like something was missing for me but with this one there isn't. I like that with Naked2 there are better base colours for my colourings and there are more silver shades to so its much more versatile, buttt saying this there would be colours from 1 that I miss to!
The final thing that I like better with 2 is the packaging, its a lot cleaner than number 1 and won't show any marks.
Its so hard to decided which to get with these palettes because they all look so good, I think what I will do is when I earn some extra money I might be naughty and treat myself to the 2nd one to! but for now I will just have to keep borrowing my sisters! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by coricora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first got it, I was totally in love with this palette but over the years I found some better ones. I guess the main problem for me is the fallout of some shades, you really have to put alot of effort to not end as a glitterbomb. Primer is definetly needed. I like the colors and how well all the shades work with eachother. I would not repurchase this palette again, due to the fallout of some shades.