Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I never understood the hype around these 12-shadow Naked palettes.

While I do like many of the UD single shadows, I just feel these 12 pan palettes are nothing but glitter bomb messes. Add in the fact that my eyelids are aging and probably not great for so much glitter shadows, it is just a hot mess. But older eyelids aside (ie, these shadows settle into the creases and just make my eyes look old and tired and well, ugly..) I still do not get the hype. The colors are not that pigmented. Blackout is barely a charcoal grey, and that is even with me trying it with many different primers and even applying foundation, just always looks barely charcoal to me, even when building it up.

And then there is the fallout. Dust and glitter everywhere, on my cheeks, on my shirt, on my vanity..No matter what brush I use with these, whether it is a Mac brush or a Real Techniques brush or It Cosmetics brush or even Elf brushes, I get tons of dust and glitter everywhere.

The packaging. I guess I prefer this packaging over the first UD Naked 12 pan palette, but to me, it just feels cheap. The brush that I got with mine is decent though, but I am not going to buy a palette just for a 'decent brush'..lol :p

These shades have no lasting power on me. Again, I have tried these with many primers and these shades all disappear on me within an hour or two, and then I am left with glitter on my cheeks.

I would say if there is a shade you are drawn to, to see if they sell it in the single shadow form. Oddly enough, I have had luck with the single shadows, but the shadows in these palettes for whatever reason, are epic fails for me. The colors do look pretty in the pan but for me, the quality is not there. And even in looking at the colors in the pan, there are only maybe 3 or 4 (tops) shades I would really like, and that makes this an expensive trio or quad, especially given the poor performance that I get with these.

I will stick to the UD single shadows. Also, in conclusion, there ARE many dupes out there of many of these shadows, many that perform better. Those who have luck with this palette and use a lot of the shades, more power to you. I will say it is funny how a lot of times a youtuber will praise this palette but when they show the palette it looks barely touched. Guess for them it is so pigmented they barely make a dent. But to me, even my highly pigmented shadows look well-loved, not hardly touched. Not saying these guys and gals are not really using the palettes like they claim, but it does make me wonder if they tout it just because 'everybody and their sister/brother does'..:/

But to me, these lack pigment, have pretty much 0 staying power, and just leave glitter everywhere. No thank you. :(

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great and Love it!

I absolutely love this palette! The colors are cool tones and the shades are so gorgeous! I've had this palette for a while now and I use it almost every week. Most of the shades are shimmery, but that's what I love about it. The brush that came with the palette is one of my favorites also. Everything about this palette is perfection. The only thing I don't like is the price.

I really do not understand the hype for Urban Decay. I feel that for the price you would expect a product with none or very little fallout, however there was a lot.
The shades are all beautiful, however the formulas of some are terrible. Blackout is very very patchy and foxy is far too chalky.
I have purchased the Makeup Revolution dupe of this product where the shandes are identical, the pigmentation is the same, and the Blackout/foxy equivalents are a usable formula.
Really liked that it comes with primer samples, they really are excellent and it persuaded me to buy a full size primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you've never owned any other high end palettes this will be a good product for you. I have a pretty large collection with palettes being my soft spot. I finally broke down and bought this one because I didn't own a naked palette yet. I felt like I needed one in my collection. The shadows are ok, not to soft there's not a ton of kick back or fall out, they wear for a long time, and blend well. I find they crease fast than some other shadows I own and I feel like the pigmentation isn't on par with the price range. In my opinion, for the money I'd go with kat von d or lorac over the naked palettes.

Ugh I'm so disappointed, the shades are beautiful in the palette but I just can't get them to work on me :( Really patchy and un-pigmented. I know these palettes are well loved and I'm not knocking them as I've been so excited to get one for ages and have researching which palette to get and everything but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed a youtube tutorial this morning using the same colours as the girl in the video and the result on me is awful; patchy and had to keep layering on the shadows to get any effect. My Sleek palette for 7.99 was better :( No offence to the fans of this, maybe it's my brushes? I don't know, any tips brush wise?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great quality eyeshadows and the selection is not bad. I read someone's criticism that there aren't enough transition shades and I would have to agree. I would appreciate more matte transition shades and would actually swap one or two of the shimmer shades for perhaps a mauvey-red matte transition shade or a darker brown, but I love this palette otherwise for the blendable, smooth shadows that make application super easy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever)

Packaging:

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eye shadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eye shadow pans were not adhered properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. Whoopdiedoo, and the magnetic clasp was weak.

Matte Finishes:

Foxy: A pale-bone shade that looks ridiculous on my NC 50 Skintone. It's so chalky and ashy that it's pretty useless for me.

Tease: A taupy-mauve that is apparently they only "transition" shade in the entire palette. On other skintones it looks "brown" but I don't think it's a matter of skintone, because I'm not even that "dark". I think the formulation is off, because it looks like a ruddy gray-purple that gave me a white cast.

Blackout: The infamous "blackest black" you've ever seen. The trade-off of having a so-called black eyeshadow is how overly-pigmented it is, meaning that 's there's very little control of how much eyeshadow you want to apply, resulting in a grungy mess and I found that it was quite patchy. The palette could've greatly benefited from a darker brown, or even a mid-tone brown.

I digress when I say this but I find it quite patronizing that anyone who loves Urban Decay now only associates them with the Naked Palettes. This company used to be creativity-driven, and everyone is eating up these expensive, bland palettes, and to be quite honest, these aren't relatively "naked" anyways,

Compared to naked 1, this is darker, smokier and more cool toned. and just liked Naked 1, i love it.

Urban decay have such great quality eyeshadows that are pigmented, long wearing and true to colour.

All the colours are nice, some I like more than others.

Overall if you all three naked paletters you are set for for all the colours you need. I realised when I moved I had a make up problem. So I stopped buying stuff, got rid of most of my makeup and now I just stick to the UD naked palettes and my MakeupGeek eyeshadow pans and I am set. I don't need anything else.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Matte Shades: Foxy, Tease, Blackout
Shimmer: Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted

Hates: Pistol, Verve

Like I said in my UD Naked3 review, once you have the right eye primer and brushes, anybody can make this palette work for them. I like this palette more than 3 because it has more cooler shades. For some reason Pistol and Verve look weird on me so I never use those 2. I never had a chance to use Suspect because when I purchased this palette, the first time opening it, Suspect fell on the floor and shattered. Such a disappointment

Video Reviews & Tutorials