November 20, 2014 | 1809 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

My sister has just bought this palette and I am very jealous.
I have the first naked palette but after using this one a couple of times I have decided I like this one better, which is really quite difficult because I loved the first one! (this could partly be because the 1st one has lasted so long I feel like I need a change)
Both are really fantastic products, quite expensive but great investment products as they last ages!
I'm very pale and have blonde hair and blue eye, with the 1st palette I felt like something was missing for me but with this one there isn't. I like that with Naked2 there are better base colours for my colourings and there are more silver shades to so its much more versatile, buttt saying this there would be colours from 1 that I miss to!
The final thing that I like better with 2 is the packaging, its a lot cleaner than number 1 and won't show any marks.
Its so hard to decided which to get with these palettes because they all look so good, I think what I will do is when I earn some extra money I might be naughty and treat myself to the 2nd one to! but for now I will just have to keep borrowing my sisters! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by coricora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first got it, I was totally in love with this palette but over the years I found some better ones. I guess the main problem for me is the fallout of some shades, you really have to put alot of effort to not end as a glitterbomb. Primer is definetly needed. I like the colors and how well all the shades work with eachother. I would not repurchase this palette again, due to the fallout of some shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: This palette gives a wide range of cool-tone colors that are great for everyday or night-time looks. Each of the colors are super pigmented, and glide on very smoothly. Even though it seems like you don't get much product for each of the colors, I have used this palette consistently for over two years now, and it still looks like it's in almost new condition. The snap closure packaging ensures that the palette won't randomly open in your purse or travel bag, which is always a great plus.

CONS: There is definitely a hefty cost to pay for the palette, but I still think it's an investment.

FINAL THOUGHTS: The cost of the palette is definitely not ideal, but I strongly believe that the benefits of this palette outweigh the cost. The reason I said I wouldn't re-purchase the item was because I think I can find other palettes with more colors of my preference that I would use more often, especially for the amount of money I am paying for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this palette! The eyeshadows are very smooth, long-lasting, and pigmented, plus the brush was super soft and easy to use! The colours also suitably match my medium-light skin tone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by berae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my main palette for almost 2 years! My oily lids won't tolerate cheaper eyeshadows so while $50 is a lot for eyeshadow by my standards, it's gotten a ton of mileage. I have no issues with fallout like others have mentioned but I have a pretty light hand. You can create subtle, flattering day looks to dramatic evening looks with a solid amount of variety in between. I'm only just now starting to run low on a couple pans. When it runs out, I will definitely replace it. My only gripe is that the hinge busted a couple months in and it never snaps closed, but tobe fair I bought it from an overseas seller and it was shipped economy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

I love the colors in this palette. The colors fall down a lot, which is annoying especially this palette is more of a blending palette. Also I think it was made pretty cheap especially for UD because I dropped my palette one time and my 'Blackout' color got totally messed up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Itrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great palette but the fallout is ridiculous, messes up my under eye makeup but I still love it, for a while I used busted in my eyebrows, bootycall is my go to highlight (all over my face as well as a brow highlight :0) tease is a good contour I find, anyway they are great eye shadows despite fallout. Wouldn't buy again because Chi Chi have a similar palette for nearly half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this palette! I have the original Naked palette as well and I like this one so much better. I got Naked 1 before 2 came out, but if I had had the choice when buying I would've passed on the first Naked for this. I have fair skin with cool undertones and I find Naked 2 to be much better suited to my skin tone.

The formulation of all Urban Decay eyeshadows is great. Very smooth application, great pigmentation, practically blends itself.

I love that the shades in this palette lean cooler than the shades in the orginal Naked. There are also more matte and satin shades as opposed to all the shimmer and sparkle of the first palette. This palette has a matte black, which you'd think would be standard in any neutral palette but the first Naked didn't have.

There are tons of shade descriptions and swatches out there for this palette so I won't list individual shade descriptions. Like any pale shades, Foxy and Bootycall don't show up very well on my skin tone. I do love Foxy - an unusual yellow-ish highlight shade - and I could see this being beautiful on someone with a deeper skin tone than me.

Half Baked and Chopper are the two "outliers", if you will, in this palette, because they seem more suited for warm-toned skin. Then again, my hair is reddish and I could see Chopper working on cool-toned people without red hair. I was disappointed that UD put Half Baked in both palettes, not just because I don't like the color, but I think they should have used completely different colors than the first.

The other shade I was disappointed with was Tease. It's a beautiful taupe (leaning more towards brown than grey) with a matte finish. I really love the color but the texture is lacking. It's very powdery, not very pigmented, and doesn't blend easily. It's the only shadow from UD that has had this problem for me. It's a shame because this kind of color is right up my alley and I would probably use it all the time if it performed like other UD shadows, but as it is I rarely reach for it.

My favorite shades in this palette are Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, and Busted. I didn't expect to like YDK on my skin tone but I find myself reaching for it a lot as an all-over lid color. Add Snakebite in my crease and Busted or Blackout along my lash line, and there's my usual day-to-day look.

I often pair Verve and Pistol together for a smoky eye, again along with Busted or Blackout. So many of these shades pair so well together. That's one reason I love this palette - quite a variety of shades that you can use to create just about any look, in one convenient palette. I usually travel with both of my Naked palettes but if I had to choose one it would definitely be this one. I use it every day and every night I go out. Granted, I'm not an eyeshadow junkie, but if you're like me and want one main go-to palette, this is the one to have.

I appreciate that UD changed their packaging with this palette. It's in a tin palette with a secure closure, as opposed to the velvet-covered packaging and magnet closure of the first. This is easier to keep clean and you can throw this in a suitcase without worrying that it might open in transit. It has a large mirror that makes it top-heavy, which is kind of annoying to me, but if you like having mirrors on your palettes you'll like the size of it.

It comes with a two-sided brush and I do use the fluffy side pretty often for application of all-over color and for blending. I don't like the other side of it but I can easily use other brushes. It's nice to have an included brush in a pinch, and the space for the brush is big enough to put your own brush in if you want.

I'm not into brightly colored eyeshadows so if you like purples or greens or whatnot you will need to supplement, but if you find yourself mostly using neutrals - whether you're a natural eye or dramatic eye kind of girl - this may be all you need. It's very versatile.

I think $50/$55 is a very fair price for this palette. They could charge $75 and it'd probably sell just as well. It's a steal when you think about the fact that you're getting 12 full size UD eyeshadows that normally sell for $18 each.

If you have the first or third Naked and love it, you may not need this one. Having the first two and knowing that my skin/hair isn't suited for pinks, I definitely don't feel the need to have Naked 3. I wasn't wholly satisfied with the original Naked palette but after getting Naked 2, I understand the cult status of these palettes.

Which of the three palettes would be best suited to you depends on your skin tone and hair color, and what kinds of shades you find to be flattering on you. But I think that out of all three Naked palettes, this is the one that is most versatile/neutral, with the best and largest range of shades and finishes. I personally think it would be flattering on anyone.

If you're a neutral shadow junkie you could justify owning all three palettes. The third is most noticeably different than the others, but I think the original and 2 are different enough from each other to warrant having both, unless you find yourself completely satisfied with the original.

When you come across a palette with this color range and quality for only $50, it's hard to pass up. This palette will last me a long time but I will repurchase when it's gone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had the Naked original and the Naked 3 before I bought the Naked 2. I felt that the original had too much of dark colors for daytime. Since I love Urban Decay eyeshadows I decided to buy the 2nd on August, 2014 (online order). I received the palette in a beautiful cardboard box, similar to the one for the 3, which was strange. Imagine my surprise when I saw on the back of the box that I received the same primer testers as the ones that came with the Naked 3 instead of the lip junkie. I opened the palette and another surprise: the dual ended brush looked exactly the same as the one from the 3. It ended up being the same brush in different color. I miss the fluffy crease brush. The price increase doesn't justify the gifts: for the lower price I've received a deluxe sample of primer or could receive a deluxe sample of lipgloss.

The palette remained gorgeous. The only color I didn't and don't like is the Half Baked. The shadows are ridiculously pigmented and very easy to apply and blend. They stay whole day, and with primer they stay even longer.

Though the original has nicer shades I feel as the 2nd has more day appropriate ones. The 3 is gorgeous and incomparable to original and 2. Recommend and would buy again.

I will add photos of the brushes so you can be prepared for the sad truth of the brush "improvement".

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

Beautiful colors (esp for cooler undertones)... BUT the fallout on this palette is crazy. I truly do not understand its fame. If you want a nice palette, try a Tarte, Too Faced Chocolate Bar or a fancier Dior one, etc. the fallout is truly terrible. Will not last more than a few hours w/ light priming.. You need a lot of primer to work with this one and it just bugs me.