Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely love it. One of the few products I think that actually lives up to the hype.
I use this palette frequently. It even inspired me to purchase the Naked 3 palette.
The colors are versatile. There are shimmery and matte shades to choose from which provide for a variety of looks for any occasion. The pigment lasts all day when applied after a primer.
It is an expensive palette, but I'd say that it gives you your money's worth because of how often it can be used.
I'm pleased with this purchase and will probably repurchase when necessary.

My mother is actually the proud owner of this palette, but I have borrowed it from her so much that I think it's about time I take the plunge and buy it for myself. Naked 2 has drawn my eye since I first got into high-end makeup, despite the fact that I initially thought I was very warm toned (I'm actually a cool olive NC20-25). I absolutely love taupes and cool rosy browns, and this palette satisfies both criteria and more. This does cost a pretty penny, but I see it as an investment, I love every single shade, and I always research before buying makeup.

While there are only three mattes in the palette (Foxy, Tease, and Blackout), I think these are the only mattes that were really necessary. I have hooded eyes but I find that using shades like Busted in my crease doesn't emphasize that. I'm absolutely in love with the sleek, sturdy packaging, as well as the versatility of the shades, and I don't think I would find this same kind of everyday neutrality in the original Naked palette. Naked 2 contains more versatile and muted colors--my friend has proven this as she's a very warm NC25 and prefers the original Naked for her nighttime parties (she doesn't own Naked 2, nor does she plan to). Naked 2 can satisfy both sides of the spectrum too, as the first four shades (Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper) are warm and the last four (Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout) are neutral leaning slightly cool.

I am a student and I also work when I don't have class, and I find that Naked 2 is actually a very good workhorse when done right. I prefer not to pack on the colors as I find that any shimmer or glitter will stand out more than I'd like. I always use Tease or a separate transition color in the crease (I reach for NARS Persia when I really want warmth), then a wash of color such as Suspect or Pistol, and Busted or Snakebite blended into my outer corner. I'll use Blackout sometimes to really define, but I usually like to use it as smudged soft liner, or to set my liner instead. My favorite shades are Suspect, Tease, and Snakebite. I think some good companion shades would be L'Oreal Bronzed Taupe or MAC Quarry.

All in all, I think this is a great palette for someone who loves eyeshadow or loves to collect makeup. Is it necessary? No. But I do love it and I do plan to purchase it for myself in the near future because it works easily for my everyday looks and I don't have much trouble with fallout at all. I'd definitely give it a try if you don't mind shimmer or if you love taupes like I do.

on 7/25/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Highly recommend this palette! It has more shimmery shades than matte shades but I'm fine with that. Perfect everyday palette if you like more cool tones but it does have Half-baked and Chopper which I find warmer than the rest for the lids. You can do so many looks with this one palette and you can make it more glamorous for the night if you like. Has a really nice matte black, a matte crease color as well as a matte brow bone highlight option. I always use Mac Fix+ with this palette to get the most intensity.

My fav lid color in this palette is YDK.

on 7/22/2015 12:07:00 PM

This is the only UD Naked palette I own and I really enjoy it!I bought one for my daughter too and it quickly became her favorite. The UD Naked palettes are a bit pricey but it really is a nice treat.

on 7/20/2015 11:24:00 PM

LOVE! this has been my go to pallet for years now and I cant get enough of it. I use it almost everyday. everything about this is perfect, the colours how easy they blend, the awesome pigment everything. I love it and I would recommend anyone to go out and purchase it.

on 7/18/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love this palette as compared to the other ones. The packaging is better than 1 but the colors have a mix which are good for a day & night out. Perfect for ur travels cos u don't need to carry anything but this !

on 7/8/2015 8:05:00 PM

I'm glad that I got this palette for a present. I own all 3 naked palettes, and this one is my least favorite. It's supposed to be a cooler toned palette, but has Half Baked and Chopper in it, which are more warm toned, and if you already own Naked 1 then you have Half Baked (which I'm okay with, but for some people, it might not be ideal). I also feel that there is no great transition color, or at least not for my fair skin, because Tease is too dark. I will say that Foxy is a great matte brow bone color though, and Blackout wears well as liner.

For me, I guess, this palette just doesn't look cohesive. The shades almost just don't seem to go together, or maybe I'm just not as inspired by them. The silvers (Pistol and Verve) are great, but I have just as good drugstore silvers. I think Virgin is a better highlight shade then Bootycall too. I guess the weird mix of silvers and warm tones just seems odd to me.

I'm in the minority, but I hate the tin. The big mirror is nice, and so is not having velvet, but I prefer the cardboard packaging style of the original. My friend barely knocked hers over and broke one of the slots to shut it. I like magnetic closures better.

Overall, I guess I'm just underwhelmed by the Naked 2. I still use it, but almost always with something else, with this more of an accent. If I were to lose this, I think I would just pick up the Naked Smokey instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall I really like this palette. I loved it when I first bought it, but then I bought the Chocolate Bar by Too Faced and Naked2 got bumped to the back burner. I still use it every now and then but I probably won't repurchase. I really love a few of the colors but a couple I just can't find a way to use. I don't use it often enough to justify paying another $54 for the 2 or 3 shades I use. That being said, the shadows are very pigmented and creamy. I was very impressed with the formula on the matte shades. I love the quality of the shadows but the some of the shades just aren't that great.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you are a minimalist like myself who really only wants one eyeshadow palette, then this could be the one for you! Due to the high price point, I'd recommend you go to a Sephora or Ulta to swatch it and see the colors in person for yourself before investing in this palette.

For me, this palette offers the perfect mix of matte, satin, shimmer, and metallic shades. The colors when swatched are BEAUTIFUL. Yes, there can be some fallout. But this is easily avoidable by tapping the brush a few times after dipping it in the shadow, then you won't have any fallout at all. Speaking of the brush, I use it all the time... it's good quality. The eyeshadows don't apply patchy and are easy to blend. You can create so many looks using this one palette.

The packaging is sleek and not bulky or problematic, especially if it's the only or one of the only palettes you own. I have carried this palette around in my purse and have never had it be an issue. Seems like it would be good to travel with since the packaging is also very sturdy.

Two other pros are that Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, and also when I received this palette it came with some primer samples that actually lasted quite a while.

on 6/19/2015 4:33:00 PM

I am actually quite surprised that I like this palette. At first I actually had no interest in getting it at all because so many people said they regretted buying it and that they liked their original naked palette better. So I thought it'd be best to stay away from cool tones... BUT turns out I really love the way these taupey colors look on my brown eyes and I don't find that they look bad on my warm skin tone. There are some downsides tho... It only had 1 matte crease color: tease. I wish they maybe one more matte color I could use for my crease but oh well... I still really like this palette tho.

Popular Palettes