Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette! Urban Decay does not test on animals and they make good cosmetics. The eye shadow shades are beautiful and you can do dramatic or natural eye makeup using this palette. My favorite eye shadow palette :)

My favorite eye shadow palette :) Beautiful colors and worth the price. Lasts a long time! :) You can create natural eye makeup looks and dramatic ones with this palette :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This palette is amazing and very suitable for my cool-toned skin.
The colors blend amazing and the price is so good for that amount of eyeshadows.
I just wished there were more matte colors - but that haven't stopped me from also buying Naked 1 and Naked 3. I just can't get enough of these!

on 4/8/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The bomb. I will never be without this palette. I'm not crazy about the price but what can you do? Product glides on, blends easily and stays put until I take it off.

on 4/6/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Everything you need.

The colors are gorgeous and highly pigmented and the double ended brush is incredible. I love how I can make a no-makeup-makeup eye for daytime and then transform it into a sultry, smokey eye for evening. Honeslty, I play with every single shade. I have no need to buy another palette....maybe Naked Basics....

A+!

on 3/29/2015 7:52:00 AM

I freaking loooove this one! So pigmented and easy to blend. And the shades are just perfect for me :) I know this is super expensive.. but I think everyone should have at least one quality eyeshadow palette and I can highly recommend this!

on 3/28/2015 5:03:00 AM

Gorgeous pallette and gorgeous packaging! sooooo expensive though that's why I'm only giving 4 stars. You can get dupes of the naked pallets for quarter of the cost that are just as nice so its worth looking around! I only use this one when I'm going out not on a daily basis because I want it to last!

on 3/26/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I own all of the Naked palettes and that includes Naked on the Run and the two Naked Basics. My first UD purchase was the original Naked palette, which I adore. I do like the Naked 2 palette, but it is not unique. It is more on the taupe side, but has a lot of similarities to the original Naked palette. I do really like a few colors, such as suspect, chopper, and busted. I have also heard that bootycall is a favorite for many people. There is an improvement that they made from the first palette, which is the packaging. The mirror is larger and the packaging is a sturdy metal. It is perfect for traveling, but I have heard that some shadows have popped out in this kind of packaging, so be careful! I also sometimes have a hard time opening it. I always appreciate the beautiful brushes that come with these palettes, so no complaints there. In this palette, UD still holds that beautiful formula that is buttery, pigmented, and has little fallout. Fallout has been such a problem with the newer palettes! Overall, it's a great product that is overpriced. It isn't really all that unique. I think I just bought it just to own the entire Naked line at a discounted price. It was during the 20% event, so if you are one of those compulsive collectors like me, then go ahead and buy the palette. If you are just trying to pick between the original or the Naked2, it depends on what you would find flattering on your skintone, but these two palettes are so similar that I would just go with the Naked2 for the better packaging. I still do appreciate the bronze-hued colors of the original though.

on 3/18/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This was the first ever proper high-end eye shadow and my first ever eyeshadow palette that I had ever purchased. I decided to purchase it as a lot of people were raving about it, it had loads of neutral shades but some more daring ones too and supposed to be good quality and also as a beginner I found tones of Naked 2 tutorials on Youtube, which really helped me out. I wasn't very good at eye shadow so I though if I brought something expensive I could somehow push myself in learning how to eye shadow properly because of how much I spent on it. I didn't know much about Urban Decay back then, but now I own a lot of their stuff and they are a fab brand.

Packaging- I much prefer the packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 over the original Naked any day. The packing for 2&3 is metal, a very sturdy metal, which can take plenty of knocks. I travel with this pretty much everywhere, and the packaging has not failed me yet. I do like the look of the original, but I HATE cardboard packaging.

Formula of shadows- The shadows in the Naked 2 are soft, easy to apply, easy to blend and generally have great staying power, which is better enhanced by primers etc. They are also pigmented, which is a huge bonus and also expected considering the cost of the palette.

Wear/Look- As I have said before, I am not very good with eye shadow at all, but after watching some tutorials for beginners and learning about eye shadow in general I am SO much better than I used to be, but still not great ahah! Even with me being okay ish at eye shadow I can still create multiple looks with the Naked 2 from weddings, to shopping, to more darker night times looks. The amount of colours you get in any of the Naked palettes is fab, so useful for loads of things. I also love the simple, neutral tones though it may be a bit too tame for people who like more colour. The eye shadows when wearing for a full day have never creased on me. Both with or without a primer, huge bonus, I don't think I will ever buy drugstore eye shadow ever again.

Price- Price in the UK ranges from 37-38, dont bother buying this off ebay unless you know for sure that it is genuine. I originally went for the Naked 3 on ebay, but later learnt it was a scam, but now I am so glad I went for the Naked 2, it has more browner tones in.

Overall- I will purchase the Naked 2 again, if I ran out, or lost it. Though I don't feel compelled to buy Naked Original or Naked 3 because I have so many other palettes, I like to mix up my brands/ products a lot. I wear MAC one day, then Urban decay the next, one Naked palette is enough for me at the minute, though if a deal came up/ someone gave another Naked palette to me I would of course be VERY happy to have them in my possession.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Purchased this on my trip to the US at Sephora Times Square, along with a bunch of other stuff.
I've been wanting an all nude/neutral tone palette for some time rather than reaching for all singles and gave into the hype ( i am warm, light and yellow toned).

My most used and loved shades would have to be Foxy, Tease, Suspect and Busted, and for nights out i generally like to amp it up with Chopper, Verve, Booty Call and Blackout.

The matte shades have little to no fallout while the shimmery ones do, especially Chopper and Busted, but i expected this from the pigmentation.
All shades blend well and easily, and last all day, especially when using UDPP.

i enjoy the casing it comes in, i feel it is sturdy. I only really use the fluffy end of the brush for crease work, and the other small flat side for my undereye concealer.

Around $50 from what i remember, but i use it every day and its a fond memory for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials