July 26, 2014 | 1848 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Rosiethevegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! But the mirror is falling out and the brush broke

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by viikee

best palette ever!!! the combinations are endless, i love this palette and i use it on a daily basis. all the shadows are very nicely pigmented and work well together. i love the brush that was included in the palette as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by danielled65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really do love this and the quality, pigmentation and color versatility are all great but unfortunatley most of them dont go well with my pale pinky skin tone. This was the first taupe/cool tone palette ive ever bought and now I'm realizing they just arent for me. I still use it but its not ideal for travel because I cant only use this palette, I have to pair it with warmer shadows. So far naked 3 is my favourite and naked 1 is also very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by EffyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of all three Naked palettes, this one is my absolute favorite. I own both the Naked 1 and 2 and definitely find myself reaching for this one more. It is a lot less warm to me than the other palettes (although none of the palettes are completely cool toned). I also like the colors more and they go on smoother than the ones in the 1st palette. Overall this is my staple palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Out of all three of my NAKED palettes, this is the one I can do the most without. I feel like I can't create that many different looks with this palette. Almost all the shades are shimmery and cool/greyish toned. It's too similar to the first NAKED palette in my opinion, but that's just me. The pigmentation is good though, as with all other UD shadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel this (along with all the Naked palettes) is over-hyped and WAY overpriced for the quality and variety of colors offered. Naked 2 seemed like it would be great with it's trendy metal packaging and array of neutral shades. Unfortunately, they are nearly all shimmer with only about 2 matte shades. Although neutral looking in the palette, once applied these shadows create a shimmery mess! The only shade I'm using from this palette is 'Tease', a soft taupe color which is matte!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I contemplated buying this for a while but I am so happy I did. It is $60cdn so it isn't cheap. The colours are so outstanding and they stay on so well!! The darks are so dark and are so blendable!! This palette works so well for my cool olive skin tone and is so versatile that it is my go to palette to bring on every vacation. You can go from daytime makeup to smokey eye makeup no problem!! When used with UD eye primer it stays on all day and night with no creasing. I am just so impressed with the colour payoff and very little fallout. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Isaberura

My first ever urban decay palettes. I love it. It stays all day even without eye primer, and very pigmented too. I love this palette better than the first one because I like the color combination is more wearable than the first one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I do like the palette I don't think it's amazing nor is it worth the hefty price. 50 bucks in my opinion is pricey for eyeshadow. The colors didn't really wow me, I like many others just fell into the hype from the makeup gurus. I definitely want to try the 3rd palette I'd say save your money on this. The colors are very bendable though

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Geeves1980

I'm quite late to the Urban Decay naked party as I always looked at the shadows and thought they were too shimmery/sparkly for my taste and looked a little 'teenage' drug store product.
It was not until my local House Of Fraser store opened a concenssion that I was able to swatch the palettes and was surprised how much I liked it after all.

By the time I came to do this this, all 3 naked palettes were out and I chose this number 2. Naked one was overall too warm and 3 too pink and warm.
I liked the slightly cooler toned vibe of the collection, although I would agree with others who have complained it is not cool enough, there is still a few warm toned shades there which in my opinion make it unnecessary to own both 1 and 2, unless you are just collecting the palettes for the sake of having them all.

There are a few of the shades which I don't love. The matte cream is too stark and too flat, matte and a little powdery for my taste, I would have preferred a softer, satin finish and slightly less yellow toned.
I also don't love the golden colour as it is one of the brassy orange toned golds that can be a little difficult to pull off, I have found layering one of the other shades on top though makes it a bit more wearable.

I do agree it could do with less shimmer throughout the palette, but I wouldn't want more matte. I would rather one or two satin finish (one to replace the matte cream) and maybe a mid toned taupe satin and one of the darker browns and then keep the remaining matte plummy taupe and matte black. That would then be still 7 shimmer and 5 matte/satin which would work for me better.

Overall i like the quality of the shadows, they have good pigmentation and apply smoothly. They layer well and blend into each other without blending away and I find they staying power to be very good.
The brush included I do not use for the eyeshadow, but for concealer instead and find that useful.

The packaging I like, it is different to other brands I own and stands out. It doesn't look as cheap as I imagined from online photos. It feels sturdy and I have confidence that it will travel well. I have not had any issues with opening/closing the lid as others have mentioned.
The mirror is large and useful.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, although not my favourite eyeshadows, I am impressed and feel this is a welcome addition to my collection. I will find it most useful to take on a weeks holiday and not need to worry about bringing any other eyeshadows and can create a few afferent looks. Although there are one or two shadows I'm not thrilled with, having played around a bit, I can make it work enough to like the palette overall.