Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/29/2015 2:14:00 PM

I bought this palette by mistake. I do not love the cool colours...but i am using it a lot. The only con is that the shadows are a bit flaky. But sure it is a cult product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love all the Naked palettes, and this is no exception! I like the cool toned neutrals, and I think this is a great palette for a cool smoky look. I think it's a great value for the amount of colors you get, and the shadows are so pigmented that they'll last a long time. This is a big go to for me with clients.

Things I do not like: over abundance of shimmer shades. Wish there were more mattes. The shadow fallout is quite excessive with this palette for some reason.

Overall, thumbs up!

on 8/26/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had no interest in the Naked 2 palette but I received it as a gift last Christmas and I'm so glad I did. The colors work beautifully with my blue eyes and cool skintone.

I love this palette! It's the first palette I've owned that I can wear EVERY SINGLE COLOR. I use it almost everyday and there is such a variety of looks you can do with this single palette. I use Blackout as an eyeliner and it stays put.

The shadows are great quality and I really like the sturdy tin case it comes in as well as the included double ended brush. I highly recommend this palette if you're cool toned. You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present for my 13th birthday 2 years ago, and I have to say I love it! I love the wear time, the pigmentation, the packaging, and the mirror. The only complaints I have about this product is the brush, like so many others. The fluffy side is much to large, but the smaller flat side is OKAY for packing on the shadow, applying a darker colour to the outer V, and applying a shadow as a liner. That is why I took off a lippy for the price. My favourite shades are bootycall(I know this doesn't show up THAT much on the lids, especially without a primer, but since I am a teen, I wear very light eye shadow), half baked, foxy, chopper and ydk. Overall, this is a great product in pretty packaging with beautiful pigmented shadows that wear for a long time, but I just wish it came with a better brush.

on 8/6/2015 11:40:00 AM

I've had this product for about a year now, and have finally came around to writing a review. When i received the package, I was very pleased with the packaging. Its aesthetically beautiful to look at, the shades are beautiful, everything about it is beautiful. I bought this palette because i tend to enjoy nude colours more than anything, it's just naturally what is most flattering for myself. I use this palette almost everyday and i must say it has great lasting power, goes on nice, easy to blend... However I don't like the brush it came with. The blending brush is too stiff in my opinion and the flat end is pretty much useless in this palette, i would have much prefer the double ended eye liner that they used to give with the original packaging. After having it for over a year, i still have so much product left. A little does go a long way. And as much as i enjoy that, it makes me sad cause I'm sort of getting over the colours after using them so much. If I were to repurchase a palette I would probably go with the naked 3, since it has pink hues which will work nicely for my green eyes. In the end, this palette has been great for me, even though im getting over it now. But for the while that I've used it, its been great. i recomend to anyone looking for an everyday -day- to night palette. Really is a great product :)

on 8/5/2015 11:11:00 PM

I was so, so disappointed with this palette. It's not even available in my country except unauthorized retailers so I had a friend bring me it from overseas and DID I MENTION I'M DISAPPOINTED?

The packaging is beautiful. The case reminds me of those pencil tins I had at school a million years ago and I always for some odd reason loved them. The palette itself is beautiful, the names of some of the eyeshadows make me laugh but when I tried to use the actual eyeshadow I found it nowhere near as pigmented as it claimed to be.

Maybe my eyelids are too pale, but I saw no effect of the bootycall (lightest shade) no matter how many layers I tried to cake on it (I was going for a smokey eye but when the base layer won't cooperate it seems hopeless). The blackest black is a misnomer, and the overall shadows seemed too shimmery even if they're supposed to be half matte. The glitter is out of control, once you layer on a shimmery layer over matte, bye bye matte.

I did like snakebite and tease (med and light brown shades) but they were only 2/12 shades.

The brush that comes with the palette is too broad for me, I prefer a thinner brush so I have more control.

on 8/5/2015 8:38:00 PM

My son purchased this for me as a thank you gift when he obtained fulltime employment. I was using Revlon and Chi Chi eyeshadows prior to receiving this and thought they were good eyeshadows. This pallette has changed my mind about what good eyeshadow should look like. Unfortunately, I will never be able to use cheaper brands ever again because these shadows are THAT good. Did I mention the brush that comes with it? Yeah, well that is also fantastic quality and has lead me to try other Urban Decay brushes. Love, love, love this pallette. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely love it. One of the few products I think that actually lives up to the hype.
I use this palette frequently. It even inspired me to purchase the Naked 3 palette.
The colors are versatile. There are shimmery and matte shades to choose from which provide for a variety of looks for any occasion. The pigment lasts all day when applied after a primer.
It is an expensive palette, but I'd say that it gives you your money's worth because of how often it can be used.
I'm pleased with this purchase and will probably repurchase when necessary.

My mother is actually the proud owner of this palette, but I have borrowed it from her so much that I think it's about time I take the plunge and buy it for myself. Naked 2 has drawn my eye since I first got into high-end makeup, despite the fact that I initially thought I was very warm toned (I'm actually a cool olive NC20-25). I absolutely love taupes and cool rosy browns, and this palette satisfies both criteria and more. This does cost a pretty penny, but I see it as an investment, I love every single shade, and I always research before buying makeup.

While there are only three mattes in the palette (Foxy, Tease, and Blackout), I think these are the only mattes that were really necessary. I have hooded eyes but I find that using shades like Busted in my crease doesn't emphasize that. I'm absolutely in love with the sleek, sturdy packaging, as well as the versatility of the shades, and I don't think I would find this same kind of everyday neutrality in the original Naked palette. Naked 2 contains more versatile and muted colors--my friend has proven this as she's a very warm NC25 and prefers the original Naked for her nighttime parties (she doesn't own Naked 2, nor does she plan to). Naked 2 can satisfy both sides of the spectrum too, as the first four shades (Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper) are warm and the last four (Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout) are neutral leaning slightly cool.

I am a student and I also work when I don't have class, and I find that Naked 2 is actually a very good workhorse when done right. I prefer not to pack on the colors as I find that any shimmer or glitter will stand out more than I'd like. I always use Tease or a separate transition color in the crease (I reach for NARS Persia when I really want warmth), then a wash of color such as Suspect or Pistol, and Busted or Snakebite blended into my outer corner. I'll use Blackout sometimes to really define, but I usually like to use it as smudged soft liner, or to set my liner instead. My favorite shades are Suspect, Tease, and Snakebite. I think some good companion shades would be L'Oreal Bronzed Taupe or MAC Quarry.

All in all, I think this is a great palette for someone who loves eyeshadow or loves to collect makeup. Is it necessary? No. But I do love it and I do plan to purchase it for myself in the near future because it works easily for my everyday looks and I don't have much trouble with fallout at all. I'd definitely give it a try if you don't mind shimmer or if you love taupes like I do.

on 7/25/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You can do multiple looks with this palette for day and night plus there is a matte black. There are more shimmery shades than mattes and people who prefer more cool tones would appreciate the colors. Im NC35 so the shadow Foxy matches my skin tone but Booty Call, Half-baked, Chopper, Snakebite and Busted are my fav.

Popular Palettes