Queen Helene Mud Pack Face Mask

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI#77492), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben 6/11/09

on 6/28/2015 8:35:00 PM

I am not sure if this product actually works. But it feels soooooo luxurious!!! Smells amazing and it's a pleasure to put on. Anyway, it doesn't hurt and gives at least an illusion of clean, fresh, soft skin. I want to lather this mask all over my body! Still, I use it just for the face three times a week for mild hormonal acne.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Blah mask. While I don't expect face masks to do much of anything besides provide a nice pampering session, this formula is so boring that it gets in the way of feeling like I'm at least *trying* to do a nice thing for my skin.

It's a clay mask. It goes on, dries within the usual 10-15 minute time frame, you rinse it off, a feeling of meh ensues. Skin is essentially the same as before. The ingredients make my eyes glaze over from sheer boredom. The smell is okayish.

On the plus side, this is cheap and for me, it was pretty much no harm, no foul. Would I buy this again? Nope.

Would I consider tricking my much younger nieces into a pretend spa day with the remnants? Absolutely! I'm a terrible aunt, and doing such a thing wouldn't be that much more horrible than the time I tried teaching them how to "cook" by melting cheese on bread in a toaster oven and explaining it away as being a glamorous thing that you do in "the city".

Children are gullible and that's why they're sometimes delightful. Also, this isn't one of those products that you can repurpose as a shaving cream (too gritty), so gotta be resourceful.

on 6/21/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used this product twice per week for about 4 mnths now after having it sit in my cupboard for a very long time. It keeps my skin clear of pimples as it gently deep cleans. Luv, luv , luv it. W ill purchase again.

on 5/4/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good for them for not testing on animals but the propylene glycol and methylparaben in their ingredients is really not the best for my skin. It did not make it so much worse so I'm still trying to finish out all this product before I go back to my Aztec Clay Mask. I'm thinking that maybe in 3 or more weeks finally it will be done.

on 1/16/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm in love with this mask! I was confused at first because it smells and looks like calamine lotion, but it does all the bottle claims it will do for my acne prone combination skin. I leave it on 10-15 minutes and my skin looks clean, firm and glow-y and is super soft. It draws dirt and impurities out very gently, like the Mint Julep mask does but this isn't drying like that one can be. My blackheads aren't as noticeable and it's very calming to the red areas of my skin. I use masks typically at night and with Queen Helene formulas, the improvement in my skin the next morning is always wonderful. This stuff is the best. <3

on 1/1/2015 7:39:00 AM

Great mask. My skin is both oily and dry, rarely "normal", I have hormonal breakouts. I'm 30. I have been washing my face with Desert Essence tea tree original face wash for the last months (only at night, you shouldn't clean your face in the morning unless you really need to) and i use a basic face scrub (St-Ives apricot scrub) and i do a mask 1-2 times per week, sometimes more.
This is amazing. It cleanses but keeps the moisture, my pores are gone, my complexion is glowing and even, I love it. I didn't notice any redness or reaction (the ingredients are not all natural unfortunately...) so i will keep buying!!
Thanks MUA!

on 11/28/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

wow, wow, wow! this stuff is my favorite. i heard some good things about it online and decided to buy a bottle on ebay. it was ridiculously cheap, so i had some doubts, but when it got here i tried it and as soon as i removed the mask my skin felt great. i've been using this stuff for months now and i love it. i use it once every one or two weeks. it really helped my skin a lot. it got rid of the redness, which is something i have a hard time managing. my skin is very sensitive and acne prone near my chin, but i didn't react negatively to this stuff. it's a great product. it makes you skin feel smooth and tight.

on 11/12/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- skin is soft
- not drying
- easy to apply

CONS

- scent
- does nothing for pores

COMMENTS: I didn't find this to do much. I do like the fact that it feels comfortable on. It's not really tight like other face masks and it's not drying at all. However, it didn't do anything besides leaving my skin soft (which I can get the same results with my other skincare products). The scent isn't my favorite, either.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/29/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My best friend packed me a sample of this in an old capsule bottle because that's how we roll. I was immediately impressed by the light gentle smell, and smooth consistency. As I applied this to my freshly dampened face, I noted how easy it was to apply. It didn't feel gloppy or heavy. I applied an opaque amount -- less than 2 tbsp in total. The mask began drying 10 minutes in, and at the 15 minute mark, it was perfectly tight on my face, ready to be cleansed away with a damp cloth or in the shower. The oiliest parts will remain darker/damp longer as the clay absorbs the dirt and oils, this will take longer to dry. It helped me better identify my problem areas for sure. It washed off beautifully leaving my skin clear, bright and refreshed. I applied a small amount of MAC Comfort Creme under my eyes and am forcing myself NOT to touch my face every two seconds now! I use this weekly. I picked up my 12oz tub from Sally's in Canada for $7.19 +tax ($7.59 sans membership) which will last me months. An absolute must have - looking forward to trying the Mint Julep version as well!

on 8/9/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best face mask ever! Its cheap & lasts forever & you get so much! I have oily skin & this helps so much for that. I just purchased my second bottle after a year and still have a good amount left in my first bottle i only use it when i notice my face getting oily. HG!!

Popular Masks