Chagrin Valley Sea Salt & Seaweed Spa Soap

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Organic Coconut Oil; Mediterranean Sea Salt; Organic Virgin Shea Butter; Organic Babassu Oil; Himilayan Pink Salt; Water; Organic Castor Oil; Sodium Hydroxide*; Organic Aloe Vera; Dead Sea Clay; Organic Seaweeds (Dulse, Kelp, Nori); French Pink Kaolin Clay; Organic Essential Oils Of Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Peppermint, Spearmint; Organic Rosemary Oil Extract

on 9/4/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ouch. This was not for my sensitive skin. Aside form the highly abrasive salt, it has lemongrass, peppermint and spearmint EOs, which don't agree with my skin. CV claims the soap is moisturising on top of polishing your body, but I don't think it lives up to that claim. Salt actually dehydrates. My lips felt chapped after using this and I didn't even lather them (obviously). I also didn't like the pungent, sour smell of this. Most CV products are great for my skin and mostly do what they advertise, but this one was a miss for me.

I might order again in the future if I'm feeling adventurous, but I'm not sure. They have more moisturising scrubby exfoliating soaps for my body (the Loofa Adzuki Bean and the Coffee ones are nice).

If you have dryish/delicate skin, think carefuly about using this on your face. If your skin is a lot hardier, give it a go - apparently salt soaps/scrubs are all the spa rage.

At first, I HATED this soap. There's a lot of salt in the bar and as such, it doesn't lather well, if at all. So I fumbled around with it in the shower, using it on my face and not sure if it was doing much good. AND it left a salty taste in my mouth.

But I'm about to reorder a big bar (I had a sample before) because I love what it does for my skin. I can't see much lather but I can see a difference in my face. I've read that salt is great for removing impurities, and this bar really gives my face a glow. Plus I'm left feeling clean but not overly tight, and my skin looks good. So yeah. I am a fan!

Popular Gels/Soaps