Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation

4.3

on 8/24/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been trying to replace my make-up with cleaner brands and also ones that are cruelty free. This is an excellent powder foundation. I like how it goes on and is buildable. I like powder for the summers because Houston is hot and humid.

The compact is kind of hard to open which is annoying but I love the product.

I have the medium beige and it is a perfect match for my Asian skin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I picked this up from Whole Foods for $26 in the shade "Light Beige" (NC25). I wear this over Andalou Naturals CC cream, since that has almost no coverage and because I have oily skin and need a powder to mattify it. A very light sweep of this on your brush provides light-medium coverage. If you use the included sponge, you can really get some coverage, but I try not to pile it on. This manages to leave a natural matte finish, so it still looks like skin (just better). The only con, is the lack of oil control, because I have a very oily t-zone and this is not a powder that helps with that. I do like this better than the Mineral Fusion pressed mineral foundation.I like the slim black compact, makes it great for traveling.

I decided to switch all of my foundation items to natural/organic and after reading the reviews decided to give Gabriel's line a try. I purchased this powder in Extra Light Beige and had been using it over their Pale Ivory liquid foundation to set it. I love both of them however I have found the liquid is not even needed. This powder is a great foundation by itself. I just use some concealer and then put this on as my foundation. It's light weight and has great coverage. Doesn't dry out my sensitive dry skin. The makeup lasts all day and if I feel for any reason it needs to be touched up all I have to do is use this powder to dab my face a little and whala! I will definitely be buying this again. My dry sensitive skin is very happy! I love the packaging. All I have to do is purchase a refill for the compact. Great for the environment! This is my new go to foundation!

on 11/29/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried many many many foundations on my oily break out prone skin. If you name something- I have tried it- from Chanel to Shu eumura This is by far, the best. It covers. It stays on ALL day. It looks natural. It keeps my skin crystal clear, not a single blemish while using this. I get compliments all the time. Its at Whole Foods and it is cruelty free. Its really the best thing I have ever put on my face.

on 8/21/2012 9:56:00 PM

This product goes on without making me look caked or made up. I've been looking for something with more coverage, but so far I haven't found anything that feels as nice on my skin and makes my 40 something face look younger.

on 12/2/2011 2:06:00 PM

Very decent powder. I got it in light beige, the 2nd lightest shade. It looks very orangey in the compact but does not go on that way. I only use it as a setting powder so I cannot speak for it working as a foundation on its own. As a setting powder a little goes a long way and it gives a nice finish and helps to control my oil very well throughout the day. I don't like the sponge it comes with, it's too hard and will make the powder go on too thick if you use it and then it WILL look orangey on you. I usually use a powder brush and throughout the day I use blotting papers. On the rare occasion I do feel I need to touch up with powder I use a different sponge, one that's not so thick that will not pick up too much product. The price isn't cheap but not too steep... $25ish.