November 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Hair Treatments - Alterna - Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

My go to dry oil. This stuff is seriously Amazing. It has a strong clean floral feminine scent so beware of that if you have a sensitive nose. It works like magic when flat ironing my curly hair. Even though it might not look it, I have very fine/thinish curly hair that is rather easy to straighten and this stuff doesn't weigh it down at all. It leaves my hair feeling suuuuper soft with added shine and good movment. I also use it when I do up dos for added shine and when I wear my natural curls. This stuff is ace.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have purchased this numerous times, and it has saved my hair. Countless times, I am done styling my hair and it looks dry and awful. One spritz, one section at a time, then a once-over with a flat iron, and my hair looks 1,000 times better. It doesn't make my hair look greasy or weigh it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is so expensive but with it! Leaves great shine and not heavy at all!! I've tried all sorts of oils and serums that only weighted my hair down. Great detangler when getting right out the shower and super for adding shine to dull hair in any style.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing product that I finally had to get full size! It says for medium hair my hair is medium to thick, very prone to frizz, long, and loves moisture. I only need a small amount which shocks me and this makes my hair so shiny and smooth! I like the sprayer on this but the bottle is delicate so not super travel friendly IMO. I have the small bottles which, one could use for travel because this stuff is pretty amazing. I thought only Argan oil would work for my hair till I tried this. A few sprays on damp hair before I braid it and when I take it out my hair is smooth, wavy, and frizz free. It's also good for touch ups and does not make my hair greasy!

It's definitely on the pricey side but you do not need a lot. Even those with finer to thick hair could use this as a shine spray and/or frizz tamer. I like how it absorbs into the hair it doesn't feel like it sits on top of my hair. When I first used this months ago I wasn't expecting much but when it really made a difference. I knew I had to go full size because I didn't want to go without this! A little goes a long way too which rocks. This is a product I really would and do tell my friends to try, because it just makes my hair feel so lush and under control. It makes me want to get the shampoo and conditioner too. :) Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Works wonders for dry hair. Soft and delicate but packs punch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This stuff is she SH -- end of story. Light enough to not appear oily, but does the job. Like a high quality Olive oil shine spray you'd fine at the beauty supply but shinier and better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I use this almost everyday and I do not do much with my hair. I just shampoo and condition it and then spritz this on. It smells great and it keeps my hair frizz free. The oil absorbs quickly and it smells like a high end perfume. Watch my video for demo on this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has become the staple last step of my hair styling routine. It's an extremely light weight oil spray that has a wonderful dry texture. Unlike some oil sprays I've tried, this one actually sprays out very smoothly and in such a very fine mist that makes it easy to distribute it throughout the hair in a fine layer. I don't have to be very careful with this because of its dry texture and fine mist. I have had this product for almost a year now, and I am just starting to get to the end of the product. I started using this when I had relatively healthy hair, and this was just a wonderful last step to add more moisture, smoothness and shine to my hair. I have recently gotten whole head highlights with a double bleach process, leaving my hair absolutely fried. I still use this as a last step, but I'm noticing that I have to apply more because my hair just drinks this stuff up. I find that it still smooths my hair out a bit and add shine but since my hair is so damaged, this stuff is not going to magically make it all better. I would be happy to repurchase, but I am looking for a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This dry oil spray is really good, among the best I have ever used. I have medium fine wavy hair, over shoulder length, if I let it air dry which I would love to do, I end up with a frizz fest. So I have to blow dry my hair or use a flatiron. Most hair oils or mists end up weighing down my hair, making it greasy and limp, or don't have any noticeable effects. The Kendi mist is perfect in so many ways. I use about 10 sprays on my hair, concentrating on lengths and ends:
- Excellent packaging, the nozzle really dispenses a very fine mist and does not clog
- Leaves my hair soft to the touch
- Softly fragranced, pleasant to my nose (obviously, scents are very personal)
- After styling my hair has shine, body and bounce
At $25 per bottle it is definitely not cheap, but it really is a good product and the bottle lasts a few months, so I feel it is money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another Alterna Bamboo winner.

Great mist for hair health and shine, but it doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy at all.

I am over 40, but have a massive amount of long, blond hair that is fine and color treated (bombshell blond highlights, i.e., major amounts of chemicals and dryness, prone to breakage and damage).

This product gives me ooomph and shine, especially when used with other Alterna Bamboo products -- I am smitten with the Bamboo Volume spray, the Hydration Masque, and the Shampoo & Conditioner line.

I haven't had a bad experience with the Alterna Bamboo line yet, and this is one of the star players of a hair care product team that I am loving for all right reasons.

One of the best shine products that I've ever used.