April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Treatments - Alterna - Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best thing I have ever bought for my hair.

I have fine hair, but lots of it, it can be unruly, it can be frizzy and dry. Applying this just before I blow dry and straighten, I have smooth, shiny hair that's easy to style and keeps the style throughout the day, it's amazing stuff. And, although it is lightweight, you can be too liberal with it, just a small amount is needed.

WOULD NOT and COULD NOT be without this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product!

I have fine, color treated hair (a little longer than shoulder length) that's prone to dryness. I use this every time I wash my hair (when my hair is wet, just before I blow dry). I only apply the product to the lower part of my hair - never my roots, and unlike a lot of anti-frizz/smoothing products, it doesn't weigh down my hair or look greasy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product makes my fine hair insanely staticky. It is horrible! I have tried it on several occasions, in an attempt to smooth my straight hair when it starts to get a little crazy. Every time I use it, my hair ends up being more rebellious than it was in the first place. Not the effect I was looking for! Maybe this works for others, but if you have fine hair, I would avoid spraying this on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Aksel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great Product will buy again and again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I really wanted to love this product. And while it did add softness and shine without weighing my hair down, for some reason this spray caused my hair to break off and shed excessively. So it's a no-go for me! Didn't do much to smooth out my fly-aways either. Tried it because all the glowing reviews made me curious, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by cheljo01

I first got a trial size of this because I wasn't sure how i'd like it, but i went through it so quickly and decided to get a full size!! It is some awesome stuff! I've fried my hair and this helps it shine, even though it's in horrible condition. I love it and definitely will repurchase again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has changed my hair! I have somewhat coarse, curly hair that I straighten or curl almost daily. Anytime I blow dry my hair, it gets SUPER frizzy and stands on end and feels like straw. My hair is rarely ever shiny and rarely ever feels soft. I let my hair air dry until it's about 50% dry, spray 2 pumps of this dry oil into my hands and distribute it throughout my hair, then I proceed to blow dry it. After I'm done blow drying, I put a little more of this on my hair and straighten it. After using this, my hair is instantly transformed into a soft, shiny curtain of hair with little to no frizz and smells great too! I love it. I'm on my second bottle of this and will continue to repurchase. I don't know that my hair could live without it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Damn that Sephora and their samples. I get suckered into to buying so much crap because of their delux samples. Needless to say I received this as a sample. I used it on damp hair. The smell is nice, it has a clean scent to it, very pleasant. I blow dry my hair and use a Chi styling iron. This dry oil mist made my hair very soft, there was no greasy after effect at all. My hair was shiny and when I dried it and used the iron, my hair felt smooth. It gave a nice finish to my hair. I have naturally straight, medium texture hair. I just bleached the underside of my hair by my temples and my hair is very damaged right now. This oil makes it so soft and pretty. I just ordered 2 bottles from Sephora. It's $24 a bottle for 4oz. That's pricey but it works wonders so I don't mind paying that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by kianacarly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Background: I don't like to use heat on my hair anymore since I used to damage it a ton with hair drying and straightening, even with protectant. I prefer the look of when my hair dries naturally since it has a bit of a wave, but unfortunately my hair is very dry and frizzy and thick. It is soooo fluffy after I wash it.

I got this as a sample and it is amazing. I spritz it in when my hair is damp, and it dries so nicely. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and completely tames the fluff factor. I usually use argon or olive oil in my wet hair, but if I accidentally pour out too much, it's an easy way to get greasy and weighed down results. However, this stuff does the same thing without any fear of weighing down my hair. Granted, my thick hair absorbs quite a bit, but they way this mists really gets every strand instead of targeting only one area. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so, and I only need to use this on days I wash, because the effect lasts for the next few days. It also smells lovely, and I was complimented on it too. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Elm691

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying EVERYTHING I could find to try and tame my frizzy, damaged hair, I had settled on argan oil, thinking it was the best I could do. I received a sample of the alterna dry oil spray from sephora- AMAZING! Even my stylist was blown away at the difference! My hair is shiny and smooth and even my color holds between appointments! This stuff is liquid gold!