November 27, 2014 | 1476 users online

Shampoo - Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bunch of "nostalgia" products from Vermont Country Store and all were disappointments including this. I concur with the other reviews that this smells nothing like the original GYHST. On top of that, it's a harsh, poor quality shampoo; a $1 bottle of VO5 is better quality.
What a let down :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by scarlettclone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A word of warning - if you're considering purchasing the GYHST shampoo OR conditioner from the Vermont Country store, please do not ... as I hate to see someone else besides myself, waste their hard-earned money.

I could not have been more disappointed! What I received looked like the same GYHST conditioner I used to buy way-back-when (although the label was a different color), but it smelled nothing like the original GYHST. Zip, nada, zilch, zero, nothing whatsoever like the original, I'm telling you - save your $$$, as what Vermont Country Store is peddling, is an altogether different product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

They still make this?
It smells like a fake floral - and very nostalgic for me - from the '80's I think.

Wow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister was going to the Vermont Country Store in VT so I had her pick some up for me to save on shipping. I'm a sucker for discontinued products or items from the 1980s. This is one that I don't remember that well, but I was dying to try it. However, it's a disappointment. It doesn't smell that good, more like a strong, fake, synthetic chemical floral. Worst of all, it dries my hair out terribly and makes me shed like crazy. Hair everywhere! In the drain, on the bathroom floor, on the comb. I thought maybe using a moisturizing shampoo on the second shampoo would help, but it didn't. This shampoo is a waste of $14.95!