October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Glittering Garland

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice medium-dark pine green polish with green and silver glass flecks and what appears to me to be a slightly silvery surface iridescence. The shimmery/glittery quality of this is subded but visible in even lower light, and the iridescent surface (at least, it looks like a pearly/silvery surface shimmer to me) is also always present.

Formula is okay, not too thick or too thin, viscosity is fairly even. You really need two coats for good, even coverage, though I wouldn't call this polish sheer (and it's not a layering polish).

Nice colour, but probably not something I'd wear apart from the holiday season, though it would make a good choice for St Patrick's Day or Australia Day (national colours are green and gold), and, well, I do love green but I just don't wear it often. Still, I'm not unhappy to have this in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Glittering Garland was released in 2011 with the Let It Snow holiday collection. This is a gorgeous pine green glitter glassfleck shimmer polish. It's oh sooo beautiful as this has some golden shimmers giving this gorgeous green polish warmth. This dries to a smooth finish too so no top coat is necessary to even out the roughness a glitter style polish usually has. The formula on this is a dream to paint with and while this goes on smoothly and without drips, pooling, dragging, it does look a bit sheer and is not quite opaque in 1 coat but add another layer and you end up with the most stunning dark green shimmery glittery goodness on your fingertips! I love this color and polish so much that I wished I had gotten another bottle as this was limited edition. Although no longer in stores, this is still available on line for purchase at reasonable prices. I am seriously considering a back up bottle as a good green like this is hard to find in a sea of red, gold, blue, and silver holiday editions.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This wonderful deep green polish is chalk full of shimmering glass flecks, giving it a very festive glow. Two coats is all you need to get it opaque. It goes on smooth, and isn't at all streaky. Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Glittering Garland is the star of China Glaze's 2011 holiday collection. The base is a deep evergreen, and it is loaded with silvery green glass fleck glitter. It really twinkles on the nail in natural and artificial light, making it very festive for winter.

The formula is excellent - full opacity in two coats with a nice, jelly-like texture. It was easy to apply to the nail, and dried to a smooth, glossy finish.

With Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat and OPI RapiDry Top Coat, I got average wear by my standards - 1.5 days before some minor chipping. I work in a lab and am constantly using nail-eating equipment and washing my hands, so this isn't too bad, but it could be better.