April 19, 2014 | 1788 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sogood124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff . great smell and protects the hair from heat not super heavy they also have a lightweight version as well for that baby fine hair .

also no alcohol in the ingredients
hairdresser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

This is one of the products that I recommend to many of my clients. Smells amazing, is super hydrating, protects hair from heat, adds shine, speeds up drying time. The only thing not to love is that the price point is a bit high, but it should last you quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for free from my Ulta rewards and let me say, this smells so good. im not a fragrance person but it has this nice vanilla smell. my bf can tell everytime I wear it, even hours after. as for reducing the blow dry time, im not sure because I have such thick hair, it takes me awhile anyway. But this is definitely worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

Yet another bandwagon I've jumped on!! This spray reduces blow dry time more than any other product I've found. It also protects hair from heat, detangles it, softens it, reduces frizz and gives it a nice, healthy,
silky shine. It has replaced It's a 10 in my necessary hair products. It's a 10 does condition hair more, but I like this spray better because of the reduced blow dry time. Also, it smells wonderful - a bit like tropical tanning oil. My only complaint is the price. I wish it were less expensive, but the cost won't stop me from purchasing it again. This is a new staple in my morning routine.

If you have fine hair, this could weigh it down if you use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the "fine hair" version of this spray, and I really like it. I use 3 sprays into my hand ( I have bra-strap length hair) and distribute throughout my hair, less mess and waste. I also use this as a heat protectant before straightening. I like the fruity smell, and because its a multitasking product, and little goes a long way , I don't mind paying the $25 to purchase at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this product. This product did shorten my blow drying time, but it left my hair dry especially on the ends and gave me flyways. Therefore, I don't think I will buy this again.

Pros: Smells amazing, shorten blow drying time, creates volume
Cons: Left my hair dry and brittle not soft, flyways

About my hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, all over layers

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by goldee

I wish there were a sixth star I could give this product, because every other product I've given five stars to doesn't hold a candle to this. This spray is truly miraculous. I used it on my hair twice. I have medium thick hair (but thin strands) that always needs a final run through with my CHI to make it look slick (I live in a hot, humid climate that wreaks havoc on hair). I used this twice on my hair. The first time I used it after washing with my usual shampoo and a light, rinse-out conditioner that doesn't condition very well. I only used four sprays, as my hair is only shoulder length and immediately felt my hair soften. I blow-dried it as usual and found I needed no straightening iron. My hair looked like I just walked out of the salon. It was soft and, because I did not use the iron, a bit thicker. Another time I used it on shampooed hair and finger dried with a blow-dryer. My hair looked as if I had sectioned it and blown it dry with a brush. It was soft and completely frizz-free. The real test, however, was my teenage daughter's thick, frizzy voluminous hair. It is a nightmare to style: she won't leave the house without ironing every last strand. I sprayed her hair after towel drying it, but I didn't expect much, as her hair is so frizzy and thick. In the morning her hair was frizz-free except on the top front where I didn't put any product. It was even shiny!!! This is the ONLY product that has worked on her hair! She even went out without ironing it! I hope Kenra never discontinues this, as it has become a need, not a want. Truly miraculous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am using the ulta lightweight spray. This is salon hair in a bottle. Magic. I have tried everything over the years to get frizz free silky shiny looking hair and my home blowouts never looked or lasted as long as the salon ones. My stylist recommended this as this is what she uses in her own salon. Indeed, my hair is silky, shiny and looks professionally done. Makeup and nails I am skilled with, hair I am not, but this gave me the hair I always wanted from my own two hands. It smells nice light and tropical and brings to mind sunshine and beaches and this is what Malibu Barbie would use. I love this!!! I have fine hair that is easily overwhelmed and weighed down by products and this was like magic. This is worth 10 lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lizzyko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to even say it out loud, but this actually works. After years of failed products, some OK, but none life changing, this stuff is it. After just a finger comb blow dry, my lightly wavy, fairly frizzy hair, was straight and frizz free. Like better than the rare occasion I flat iron. Didn't significantly cut dry time, maybe a couple minutes, but the result is really all I care about. It is summer here in Seattle, so I can't yet evaluate how it holds up in drizzle, but I will try to remember to report back. Right now I am pinching myself , hard to believe something has actually worked for me-I am usually that one person who complains about everything.
Smells like pineapple, it is obviously full of silicones, VERY viscous, go easy if you have thin hair. Also makes my 10 year old daughter's EXTREMELY thick hair, super easy to brush. She wants me to go buy every bottle I can get my hands on, and I just might.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

I absolutley love this product. I am very iffy about putting sprays onto my hair because regardless of what they say... they can and sometimes do make your hair oily. This product does NOT weigh hair down at all. i towell dry my hair, spray this evenly all over and then blow dry as usual. I blow dry and flat iron my hair daily, so a product that cuts down on dry time means less heat damage for my hair. The only downfall is the price... Kenra is a top of the line brand in hair care, but it comes with a price tag. I think its well worth the money if you use a lot of heat on your hair.