September 19, 2014 | 954 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by colleendc19

I've only used this once but I'm blown away at how great it works. I have fine hair but a lot of it, wavy to loose curly and bra length with long layers and angling in the front. It take about 15 min usually to blow dry my hair, and with about 6 bursts of this spray it was definitely cut in half (and probably even more if I dried in a non humid bathroom!). I barely used a brush (a bit at the end) and my hair dried smooth and straight - so close to blowout status and no straightener needed! I bought the 1.7 ounce and I'll see how it works out but I'm almost positive I'll get the full size once it's gone :). Worth a try at ulta with a coupon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by AS07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really does what it says - I have fine hair that never seems to want to dry on the underside, especially when it is humid out. This works and does cut the drying time in half. It also makes my hair very shiny and smells great. The price is a bit expensive - I bought the smaller bottle at Ulta and with 20% off it was still about $18. The good thing is a little goes a long way and when I need to buy again, I will search Ebay or Amazon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sogood124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff . great smell and protects the hair from heat not super heavy they also have a lightweight version as well for that baby fine hair .

also no alcohol in the ingredients
hairdresser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

This is one of the products that I recommend to many of my clients. Smells amazing, is super hydrating, protects hair from heat, adds shine, speeds up drying time. The only thing not to love is that the price point is a bit high, but it should last you quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for free from my Ulta rewards and let me say, this smells so good. im not a fragrance person but it has this nice vanilla smell. my bf can tell everytime I wear it, even hours after. as for reducing the blow dry time, im not sure because I have such thick hair, it takes me awhile anyway. But this is definitely worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

Yet another bandwagon I've jumped on!! This spray reduces blow dry time more than any other product I've found. It also protects hair from heat, detangles it, softens it, reduces frizz and gives it a nice, healthy,
silky shine. It has replaced It's a 10 in my necessary hair products. It's a 10 does condition hair more, but I like this spray better because of the reduced blow dry time. Also, it smells wonderful - a bit like tropical tanning oil. My only complaint is the price. I wish it were less expensive, but the cost won't stop me from purchasing it again. This is a new staple in my morning routine.

If you have fine hair, this could weigh it down if you use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the "fine hair" version of this spray, and I really like it. I use 3 sprays into my hand ( I have bra-strap length hair) and distribute throughout my hair, less mess and waste. I also use this as a heat protectant before straightening. I like the fruity smell, and because its a multitasking product, and little goes a long way , I don't mind paying the $25 to purchase at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I'm on the fence with this product. This product did shorten my blow drying time, but it left my hair dry especially on the ends and gave me flyways. Therefore, I don't think I will buy this again.

Pros: Smells amazing, shorten blow drying time, creates volume
Cons: Left my hair dry and brittle not soft, flyways

About my hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, all over layers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by goldee

I wish there were a sixth star I could give this product, because every other product I've given five stars to doesn't hold a candle to this. This spray is truly miraculous. I used it on my hair twice. I have medium thick hair (but thin strands) that always needs a final run through with my CHI to make it look slick (I live in a hot, humid climate that wreaks havoc on hair). I used this twice on my hair. The first time I used it after washing with my usual shampoo and a light, rinse-out conditioner that doesn't condition very well. I only used four sprays, as my hair is only shoulder length and immediately felt my hair soften. I blow-dried it as usual and found I needed no straightening iron. My hair looked like I just walked out of the salon. It was soft and, because I did not use the iron, a bit thicker. Another time I used it on shampooed hair and finger dried with a blow-dryer. My hair looked as if I had sectioned it and blown it dry with a brush. It was soft and completely frizz-free. The real test, however, was my teenage daughter's thick, frizzy voluminous hair. It is a nightmare to style: she won't leave the house without ironing every last strand. I sprayed her hair after towel drying it, but I didn't expect much, as her hair is so frizzy and thick. In the morning her hair was frizz-free except on the top front where I didn't put any product. It was even shiny!!! This is the ONLY product that has worked on her hair! She even went out without ironing it! I hope Kenra never discontinues this, as it has become a need, not a want. Truly miraculous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am using the ulta lightweight spray. This is salon hair in a bottle. Magic. I have tried everything over the years to get frizz free silky shiny looking hair and my home blowouts never looked or lasted as long as the salon ones. My stylist recommended this as this is what she uses in her own salon. Indeed, my hair is silky, shiny and looks professionally done. Makeup and nails I am skilled with, hair I am not, but this gave me the hair I always wanted from my own two hands. It smells nice light and tropical and brings to mind sunshine and beaches and this is what Malibu Barbie would use. I love this!!! I have fine hair that is easily overwhelmed and weighed down by products and this was like magic. This is worth 10 lipsticks.