August 20, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Shadow - Boots - 17 Trio Eye Shadows

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a pleasant surprise as haven't bought anything from number seventeen in 26 years. Had come across a positive review of these and thought I would check them out. Beautiful colour combinations and ended up buying two, 'Enraged,' and 'Barely There'. Got them on a buy one get other half price so cost less than eight pounds. Really wanted barely there as natural light pink, brown and beige combo but enraged was the bonus which thought might use from time to time. One week on have used enraged everyday. Enraged is the most beautiful little compact of joy-gorgeously pigmented shades of gold, bronzey gold and browny gold. Barely there has made an appearance on my tear ducts for a wee tot of shimmer to highlight and it also lovely but enraged is the star for me. I apply these before foundation as there is some fall out landing on my cheeks but the longevity is excellent although I do use smashbox foundation primer over my lids. I get up at half five and put on my eyes and come home from work at half seven and the eyeshadow is still in place! Brill. So impressed. Laura Mercier, Estée Lauder and smashbox are usually my eyeshadows of choice and these have performed as well. I think the primer makes a difference but definitely better than my Estée Lauder eyeshadows for lasting power. I never would have thought it. On my blue eyes these trios are flattering and barely there is not too shimmery. Enraged has more shimmer but layered on top of LM cognac, cafe au lait and smashbox alabaster it gives quite a subtle sheen and is perfect for a low key night out. I imagine could be used for more dramatic effect but am still wary of putting on too much eyeshadow. For such bargain prices i am now seriously tempted by nude smoke and maybe vengeance, if they look awful I have only spent a fiver or so. Great colour choices, good pigmentation, decent longevity and the pleasure of buying cheap and getting quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These little trios come in a range of colours, such as blues, pinks, browns and purples (light, dark and medium) for 5.49.

I think the idea is that you apply each colour on either the lid/crease/brow bones.
I bought "Purple Heart" and I only really use two colours; the dark purple on my lids and the medium purple on my brow bones.

Not the greatest blend but I've had worse.