November 29, 2014 | 906 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pontn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love, love.
Color is so juicy everyone will want to lick your face (which of course, on occasion, can be a pretty bad thing).
Also fades very evenly and you need not worry about it being all over your face after indulging on some sugar coated...whatever.
Kind of leaves a stain - always a great thing.
BUMMED that it's not available in Sweden or I would without a doubt own every single color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I own three different colors of the lip butters. This one is my most recent purchase, and my favorite of the three. The others are Berry Smoothie and Sugar Plum. Sometimes I apply it straight, no lipbalm, sometimes I might dab on a tiny bit before.

The red is definitely warm, but not orange-y. It brings out some green that I have in my eyes. I have very pale olive-y undertones, so I like to have some cheek color when I wear this. Works well when I wear a bright colored top that might otherwise be a bit too strong for my coloring, and with white/ivory tops as well.

I love the texture, the smell is pleasant and not too noticeable. It does have shimmery things just like Berry Smoothie. Normally I don't like too much of the glittery stuff, but in this particular shade it seems to work well. It just looks like a glazed red from a distance, and I'm not able to see the gold flecks just sitting on my lips (looking at you, Berry Smoothie).

Overall a fun, modern take on a classic red lip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm such a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters in general...they actually got me into lipstick.

BUT...I cannot wear this shade. I saw multiple people comment that no matter their undertone, it still looked good on them...so I took a chance. It's a gorgeous, orangey-red that I really love. But it's just straight up too orange for my very neutral tone. It looks awful on me.

The formula is still amazing in this lip butter, it's got a nice, jelly like finish and takes a while to fade (and fades in a non patchy way when it eventually does!). Considering the price is not usually so high (at least in the states), it might still be worth a try to see if it works for your skintone. I think it would look AMAZING on warm tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by LucyBlack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lip butter, my favourite one I have tried. You can wear it as a very casual red lip as its not too 'in your face'. Its super moisturising and stays on for a long time. Would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Of the five Lip Butters I've tried, Candy Apple has my favorite formula by far. No shimmer or glitter, just a soft shine. It's the only Lip Butter I would actually call moisturizing, and it has an unusual jelly-like glow that's very flattering to my dry lips. Being cool-toned, I tend to avoid orange-reds, but Candy Apple is an exception to my "no orange" rule. Because of its sheerness, it looks surprisingly natural when worn; I can build it up to near-opacity with two or three coats, but it never looks harsh or garish. I find that it wears for two or three hours if I don't eat anything, and it stains very lightly when it wears off, but it doesn't have the longevity or staying power of a regular lipstick. That's fine with me; it doesn't claim to be a long-lasting lip product, and I don't mind reapplying now and again. Overall, Candy Apple is a really superior lip product, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by familiarplaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried all the red variations of the Revlon Lip Butters (except for Red Velvet) and this one is my favorite. I've already run out of mine and immediately repurchased. Here's a comparison:

Cherry Tart - This shade is a cooler red with a noticeable hint of shimmer. Candy Apple is straight-up cream.

Wild Watermelon - This shade is more coral and more pink compared to Candy Apple's warm orangey red.

Raspberry Pie - The formulation and pigmentation is very similar, but of course, Raspberry Pie is a totally different hue as it leans more purple/orchid.

I probably won't be complaining about the price if I lived in the US, but the mark-up for this is pretty high where I live. It can for around USD$12.00

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by justanne

I HATE wearing lipsticks because they seem to do all sorts of humiliating things like leave you w/ dry lips, transfer on just about everything, stain your teeth and so on & so forth. That's why on most days, just to take away the paleness of my lips, I go for something like a lip tint..... Until I met this. It's the same color payoff like that of a tint minus the drying part. It looks pretty scary on the tube (uber red) but when applied, it leaves you with just the right amont of red with a hint of orange. Yeah, like I said, think korean lip tint. And put a gloss over it & bam! Candy Apple for you. I am in love with this and I reach for it a lot these days because it's perfect for that pop of color w/o looking too intimidating. My only gripe about it is that the packaging feels a bit flimsy. It's made of plastic so I don't think it's going to survive if you drop it multiple times. Overall, I would recommed!!! xx

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by payphonesandcollarbones

I am in love with this! Stays forever on my lips (or at least until I eat a meal, but sometimes it won't budge even then!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have 3 different lip butters and candy apple is my favorite shade out of the three. I'm not a red lipstick kinda girl, I always feel like it makes me look older lol but lately I've been rocking the gradient lips and I like using candy apple in the inner lips. It isn't long lasting at all and I feel like even tho I only use it a few times it seems that I used a good chunk of it. I guess it's because of the formulation. It's a good lipstick for beginners and a newbie to red lipstick. Will I repurchase? NO. I only repurchase HG and this lipstick is not HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by phanamore

This works really well on my skintone, which was a surprise because bright colours normally dont work on me. I dont really like wearing red lipsticks either but i really enjoyed this one!

It had great pigmentation and it lasted most of the day. It didnt dry out my lips and other lipsticks often do and when it started to fade it wasnt patchy and only needed a small amount to make it look fresh (if that makes sense?) again.

My only problem is packaging. I like the colour co-ordination on the packaging but the lid is so long theres not much to hold on to when your taking the lid off.

I would recommend this to everyone who doent wear bright lip colours or are looking for a good first red lipstick :)