July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE Impact Frame and Curl Mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ringo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara for volume and lengthening effect. It fan out the lashes beautifully however I found its a bit spidery if apply more than 2 coats.
I have typical asian lashes which is straight with medium length.
Yes!! Its a pain to remove it but the good news is, it stay forever though humidity and intense workout no smudge at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by violamokona

I love this mascara! It's definitely one of my favourites. My lashes are pretty long and thick, but they're ridiculously straight. I live in a super hot and humid country too! So I was looking for a mascara that can hold a curl well, and is waterproof and smudge proof. I have tried other mascaras like Maybelline Volume Express (the cat eye one), Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night, and Heroine Make Volume and Curl. I hated all of them. They were way too clumpy and made my eyelashes droop. Then I saw a video review on clicknetwork.tv and saw this product receiving rave reviews, so I decided to try it. It is amazing. (But it also depends on how you apply it.) Firstly, you have to use a tissue to wipe of a lot of excess mascara from the wand or you might end up with super clumpy lashes. Then, you just have to follow the instructions on the packaging. (Assuming you have already curled your lashes.)

Pros:
- Holds the curl really well. My eyelashes didn't droop at all.
- It's very very black
- Extremely waterproof , smudgeproof, sweat-proof, and sebum-proof. Use a good oil-based waterproof eye makeup remover to remove this. I use Biore waterproof eye makeup remover to do this.
- Lasts throughout the day.
- Every lash is coated with mascara, even the lashes at the corner.

Cons:
- Application is tedious.
- It clumps when you use more than 2 coats.
- It's not very volumising or lengthening. But that's alright for me, since my eyelashes are pretty long and thick on their own.
- It feels pretty dry. Unlike the Rimmel mascara I've tried, which made my lashes feel soft and natural, this one makes my lashes feel stiff and rough. But it doesn't bother me too much. So that's not too bad. Hence the 4 out of 5 rating.

Overall, this mascara fulfils what I look for in a mascara, so it's pretty good. But it's not absolutely perfect. (Then again, it's quite cheap to begin with.) So I'll definitely buy this again. Unless there's a better and more value-for-money mascara out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG mascara for sure! I've gone through 4 tubes of this within the last 2 years! One coat adds incredible volume, and another gives amazing length. The brush is effective for coating each lash, though I wish it was curved so I could reach the lashes in the inner corners more easily. I love how it holds a curl for the entire day and is completely water/oil/tear/smudge/flake-proof. (With this being said, you need to soak your lashes in a dual-phase waterproof eye makeup remover for around 20 seconds before attempting to wipe it off) Though this is my #1 mascara, it is by no mean perfect. The formula at the beginning is a bit wet, so if you blink before it dries you may end up with mascara marks on your lower lid. It also is very prone to clumping if you apply more than 2 coats. Like most mascaras, the formula becomes goopy in around 4 -5 months which would call for frequent replacement. At around $18 - $20, it is not super cheap either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kfields08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first ever non american beauty product I tried and I was BLOWN AWAY! The brush take a bit to get used to but I love it and will buy again! I looked like I had on fake lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

love the formula. hate the brush. I've tried long and curl, volume and curl, and impact frame... and this one does give length, volume and holds the curl better than the other 2. my main issue with this mascara is the brush. it's a clumpy mess. I use my old brush from volume and curl with this mascara, and it's amazing. makes my stubby, wispy lashes look like falsies. please be sure to also order the remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sadly, I'm totally not in love with this mascara. It takes a lot of hassle to apply it properly. If you can spare the time in the early morning when you're rushing to work, definitely give this a shot.

The brush is exactly like it shown on the packaging - just check the pic uploaded by the other reviewer. I noticed that I can apply the mascara using the short bristle side lightly only, ie. I cannot apply with that side to all my lashes as this means way too much mascara and it will become super clumpy. For a easier use, I actually use the longer bristle side only. The difference here is the latter method will not give you thick lashes. Btw, I have also added a photo showing the instructions of use at the back of the packaging.

This mascara gives volume and length - decent but not the best. You can try building up the mascara if you don't mind the fuss in combing the clumped lashes. They are rather difficult to separate despite the use of metal lash comb. Honestly, I'm very used to combing my lashes, so you can imagine how much hassle it takes for me in order to type this comment. Curl holding is decent, but definitely not as good as the Length & Curl/ Volume & Curl mascaras.

Overall, a nice mascara if you don't mind the hassle in clumping and combing. Otherwise it's just an average mascara that I will finish and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

**EDIT: After wearing a few more times, I'm happy to report that I'm not allergic after all, but it doesn't come off all the way using my oil cleanser so I'm keeping the review at 4 stars but won't purchase again.

After reading rave reviews on Heroine Make's mascaras, I decided to give one a try. A friend in HK sent me their newest one since the one I wanted to try (Volume & Curl) wasn't available. This formula supposedly combines the benefits of both the Volume and Long mascaras. The brush is double-ended; you apply the mascara with the short comb end, and separate lashes with the bristle brush on the other side. Having previously used short bristle brush mascaras it took a few moments to get this new method down, and it's easy to over-apply so be slow and patient when applying. The formula itself is great (no fibers), and is a nice glossy deep black when applied. This definitely lengthened and thickened my lashes in a wide fan, and kept them sky-high as if I just curled them. As someone already blessed with long and thick (though straight) lashes I was impressed with the performance. Natural lashes these are not. I was doubly impressed with the wear time--this mascara dries fast and once on will stay put all day until you wash it off with an oil-based cleanser. I even rubbed at my eyes without thinking at one point, and, horrified at having raccoon eyes was shocked to see not a single flake on my cheek. This $12 mascara solidly outperformed the Chanel mascara I was using before.

Why isn't this 5 stars and a HG? The first time I tried it, by the end of the day my eyes were itchy, the first time I ever had that happen with a mascara. Luckily there was no puffiness or redness. After waiting a few days I tried it again and had no itchiness, so I wonder if it was from the aforementioned eye rubbing or if I just can't wear this more than 6-8 hours. I imagine if I was allergic to it a reaction would happen right away. I'll keep using this tube and see if that reaction was a fluke. If it doesn't happen again, HG-worthy for sure and I'll change my review to 5 stars. If it does, I'll reluctantly have to write it off as a dud.