December 22, 2014 | 988 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Extra-Gentle Lotion for Hands & Body

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by milomatisse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a light, silky lotion that absorbs quickly and has absolutely no stickiness. It also has a light floral fragrance that doesn't overpower. Being of a "certain age" I have been using a retinol cream on the tops of my hands before bed. I find that applying this right on top soothes my hands and relieves the slight sting that retinols can create. My hands are smooth and soft in the morning. The pump bottle is also nice, as having to remove a cap from a tube as in L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream, when you have already slathered on cream and cuticle oil (yeah, high maintenance!) is a pain! This is good stuff..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best hands/body/feet moisturizer I've used. Very very moisturizing, light texture, not oily. Absorbed by the skin fast, skin feels smooth immediately after use. Effect lasts for the whole day. Suitable for sensitive skin, even out dehydrated areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted a nice bottle sitting by my kitchen sink. I found it frustrating that after I wash some dishes, my skin get very dry and using gloves doesn't help me feel any bumbs of food that I can't see with all the soap suds and to wash them off. This milky, light lotion seem to replenish the moisture that was stripped away from dishwashing detergent. It does leave a very light sheen on my skin and the scent is milky and light. I was looking for a hand cream bottle with a pump, but I find that with one pump, you get a lot of lotion. I try to pump less then half way, but the pump is a little bit too stiff to do that. I will keep searching for nice looking hand cream bottles of other brands to keep by my kitchen sink, but since this is my first time having one there, I would repurchase this one.
I also want to add that I am very pleased to see that this French company use braille on their labels. How thoughtful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by aksaiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Name: Extra-Gentle Lotion for Hands & Body
Price: $20
Size: 300mL / 10.1fl. oz.
Value: $0.06/mL or $1.98/oz.
It's probably the best value for the price of all L'Occitane lotions.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Peg-100 Stearate, Sorbitol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Mel/Honey Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tocopherol, Cetyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Polycrylamide, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Benzyl Alcohol, Dihydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionene, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Geraniol
..................................................
My Thoughts:
Being a little bit of a germaphobe, I wash my hands much more that I actually need to. Although I own many many hand creams, I don't put most of them on often enough because I don't want to have oily hands as I work. Being a fan of the L'Occitane hand cream [for overnight treatment] and and body products, I chose the lightest lotion they have in the shea butter line. I only just received this in the mail, but I will update as I go on to better reflect how my opinion of this product changes over time.

Texture:
The texture of this lotion is nothing like the hand cream, it is similar to their shea body lotion but even lighter. It feels milky and easily spreadable (you will only need a tiny drop to coat both hands), absorbs quickly [but not upon application], and leaves much less of an oily film than the body lotion.

Lasting Power:
Probably lasts though 1-2 light hand washes, maybe 3 max. If you're scrubby with your hand washing, this will definitely not survive it (but then again, most hand cream probably won't).
If you use this as a body lotion, this will probably be the kind you will have to reapply everyday after you shower, as opposed to their ultra rich body cream (which allows you to only have to reapply every 2-3 showers).

Scent:
Same as all L'Occitane Shea Butter products: light milky powdery.
Slightly lighter in strength of scent than the hand cream.

Conclusion:
For my purpose (frequent reapplication after hand washing, occasionally as body lotion) this product is pretty much perfect. I was initially worried that it will be too light and have no effect on my dry skin but it seems to do okay. I am also digging the value of this product (coming from the person who buys a La Mer Hand Treatment a year). We'll see how I feel after I finish this product, but right now I'm thinking I'll repurchase when I'm done.