September 22, 2014 | 956 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Am I the only one who doesn't like this sunscreen? I purchased this a few years ago when I went backpacking and Turkey and Greece - the sun was unrelenting and even though I had this on, I still got so very dark. Admittedly, I should've taken more care in reapplying but upon closer inspection this sunscreen doesn't have any disclaimer about being waterproof/sweatproof so I guess it's my fault for not choosing a sunscreen with better protection. So take that as a heed of warning if you're planning to wear this out for an active day at the beach, or if you're planning to sweat!

Skip forward to present day, I still have the remainder of this sunscreen in my stash of products and every one in a while I would reach for it and use it as my protection for the day. I admit, it does glide on quite nicely, and has the consistency of Japanese sunscreeens. But it does leave a slight white cast, that doesn't really fade away on my olive skin. It doesn't leave me matte, but it doesn't leave my oily either. But the thing that really bothers me is that it balls up under my foundation, and doesn't sit well on top of my moisturizer.

I really wanted to love this after all the rave reviews here, but I guess it just wasn't for me and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

This is a great physical sunscreen for everyday! It's lightly moisturizing, doesn't leave my dark skin with a whitish cast, and I haven't had any allergic reaction to it after a month of use -- it's kinda perfect. It has a light, pleasant smell. I find it leaves a bit of a sheen, but a little powder takes care of that for me. I love it! I wish it were less expensive, but it's hard to find any other fault with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by biaomiaomiao

One of my favorite sunscreen! Not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What's with the mile long name?--are their 2 review entries for it here on MUA?

Anyway, this is my new sunscreen!! :D Finally, I have found a decent product that doesn't irritate my rosacea, seems to give ok protection, doesn't make my face sweat, is lightweight (I can barely even feel it on my face), sinks in quickly, and is non-greasy. I only wear it on the days that I'll be running around town with makeup on while trying to look pretty, and it seems to work just fine for this: seems to protect my skin and play well with the rest of my makeup. I'd never wear this for serious outdoor pursuits (where I'm not really concerned about trying to be pretty)I have a standard sunscreen for those things.

My only complaint is the price: $25 for 1 oz/$41 for 1.7 oz is crazy and if my rosacea weren't so darn sensitive to sunscreens, I'd never spend the money on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by wentan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best sunscreen I have ever used. Light in texture yet give enough SPF & coverage so your face can look fresher & glowing. Best of all, it doesn't clogged your pores. Already in my 3rd bottle.
Tried Dior and Guarlain BB cream... its too heavy for me and clogged my pore. I had fleshy bumps all over my face & forehead after using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by flameangel

Despite the high SPF, the sunscreen is very runny and light, applies very easily. It doesn't control oil but doesn't make my face turn oiler than usual. No breakouts on my sensitive skin.

The only gripe I had was the price tag, but the seemingly small bottle had lasted for half a year and still going strong. Already have a second bottle in my stash, this is how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gin1tonic

This sunscreen has been my Go-To everyday for the past 8 years, despite its high cost. I've tried to find alternatives to cut down on costs, but, there is no equivalent in terms of its light texture, fresh application, and no disgusting "sunscreen" scent.
Often times the problem w/ other brands has been that they are thick, heavy, and feels like my pores are getting clogged.

Pricey, but because the best wrinkle prevention regimen is to apply sunscreen everyday, I've sucked up the high price tag, and kept my loyalty. Shoot me an email if you do find something better.

Note: The other Clarins sunscreens are much more thicker in formula. Even the eye sunscreen is thicker than this one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cher03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is on the top of my list for sunscreen protection. not too greasy and my skin absorbs it so fast... i work under the sun and this.. is just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My mum started complaining bout the freckles she got from not wearing sunscreen and was looking for one. So my friend recommended me this! My mum got the beige version of it and apparently it is a top seller in singapore. So she was raving bout it to me and I decided to get this... And OMG THIS IS THE BEST. SUNSCREEN. EVER!!! <3<3<3

It smells amazing and goes on the skin so smoothly!!!
I use it on days where I don't put make up for the SPF function, and it makes my skin look so dewy and bright and kind of flawless (cos I have dark spots), but I absolutely encourage people to buy this cos it is simply... Addictive. :) try it and see it for urself hehehe

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by theman

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%
Rating: PA++; PPD ~4.4
Consistency: thin runny liquid
Finish: non-greasy, light glow
Wear: I did look dewier than usual, but not full-on shiny.
Gym: Did not sting eyes.