January 31, 2015 | 1630 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 5:57:00 PM More reviews by daffodil49

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great sunscreen. It's fabulous under my mineral powder foundation and has no adverse effects. However, the size of the bottle is too small and it's just too expensive to justify buying it again. I would rather purchase Neutrogena SPF50+ or La Roche Posay Anthelios 50+. They do the same job and are much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The product I'm reviewing is labeled slightly different from this one. It says BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 40 Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen Multi-Protection Anti-pollution/Oil-free. Anyway, I think it's the same one.

I got this suncreen as a sample from Clarins. It is the 3mL package which is very tiny, but it lasted me about 6 or 7 times, and I consider it pretty valuable when I looked up the price of it.

It's not waterproof which I'm ok with. The smell of it is very nice. The texture is watery, light, and non-greasy as it claims, so it is easy to apply. Did not irritate my skin or cause break out. However, it's not transparent. It might leave white marks on your face if you don't apply it evenly, and it happened to me sometimes because my skin color isn't that light.

Overall I recommend this product, although I won't buy it because it's way too pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer with good level of UV/SPF protection. I love the texture of this product, milky and silky to the touch. Absorbs very quickly into skin. Does not love white cast as some SPF products can.

Did not cause break outs. I love this as much as my other choices for facial moisturizers with SPF: Peter Thomas Roth and Josie Maran. I will add this to my staple items.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Am I the only one who doesn't like this sunscreen? I purchased this a few years ago when I went backpacking and Turkey and Greece - the sun was unrelenting and even though I had this on, I still got so very dark. Admittedly, I should've taken more care in reapplying but upon closer inspection this sunscreen doesn't have any disclaimer about being waterproof/sweatproof so I guess it's my fault for not choosing a sunscreen with better protection. So take that as a heed of warning if you're planning to wear this out for an active day at the beach, or if you're planning to sweat!

Skip forward to present day, I still have the remainder of this sunscreen in my stash of products and every one in a while I would reach for it and use it as my protection for the day. I admit, it does glide on quite nicely, and has the consistency of Japanese sunscreeens. But it does leave a slight white cast, that doesn't really fade away on my olive skin. It doesn't leave me matte, but it doesn't leave my oily either. But the thing that really bothers me is that it balls up under my foundation, and doesn't sit well on top of my moisturizer.

I really wanted to love this after all the rave reviews here, but I guess it just wasn't for me and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

This is a great physical sunscreen for everyday! It's lightly moisturizing, doesn't leave my dark skin with a whitish cast, and I haven't had any allergic reaction to it after a month of use -- it's kinda perfect. It has a light, pleasant smell. I find it leaves a bit of a sheen, but a little powder takes care of that for me. I love it! I wish it were less expensive, but it's hard to find any other fault with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by biaomiaomiao

One of my favorite sunscreen! Not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What's with the mile long name?--are their 2 review entries for it here on MUA?

Anyway, this is my new sunscreen!! :D Finally, I have found a decent product that doesn't irritate my rosacea, seems to give ok protection, doesn't make my face sweat, is lightweight (I can barely even feel it on my face), sinks in quickly, and is non-greasy. I only wear it on the days that I'll be running around town with makeup on while trying to look pretty, and it seems to work just fine for this: seems to protect my skin and play well with the rest of my makeup. I'd never wear this for serious outdoor pursuits (where I'm not really concerned about trying to be pretty)I have a standard sunscreen for those things.

My only complaint is the price: $25 for 1 oz/$41 for 1.7 oz is crazy and if my rosacea weren't so darn sensitive to sunscreens, I'd never spend the money on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by wentan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best sunscreen I have ever used. Light in texture yet give enough SPF & coverage so your face can look fresher & glowing. Best of all, it doesn't clogged your pores. Already in my 3rd bottle.
Tried Dior and Guarlain BB cream... its too heavy for me and clogged my pore. I had fleshy bumps all over my face & forehead after using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by flameangel

Despite the high SPF, the sunscreen is very runny and light, applies very easily. It doesn't control oil but doesn't make my face turn oiler than usual. No breakouts on my sensitive skin.

The only gripe I had was the price tag, but the seemingly small bottle had lasted for half a year and still going strong. Already have a second bottle in my stash, this is how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gin1tonic

This sunscreen has been my Go-To everyday for the past 8 years, despite its high cost. I've tried to find alternatives to cut down on costs, but, there is no equivalent in terms of its light texture, fresh application, and no disgusting "sunscreen" scent.
Often times the problem w/ other brands has been that they are thick, heavy, and feels like my pores are getting clogged.

Pricey, but because the best wrinkle prevention regimen is to apply sunscreen everyday, I've sucked up the high price tag, and kept my loyalty. Shoot me an email if you do find something better.

Note: The other Clarins sunscreens are much more thicker in formula. Even the eye sunscreen is thicker than this one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No