July 29, 2014 | 1048 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What's with the mile long name?--are their 2 review entries for it here on MUA?

Anyway, this is my new sunscreen!! :D Finally, I have found a decent product that doesn't irritate my rosacea, seems to give ok protection, doesn't make my face sweat, is lightweight (I can barely even feel it on my face), sinks in quickly, and is non-greasy. I only wear it on the days that I'll be running around town with makeup on while trying to look pretty, and it seems to work just fine for this: seems to protect my skin and play well with the rest of my makeup. I'd never wear this for serious outdoor pursuits (where I'm not really concerned about trying to be pretty)I have a standard sunscreen for those things.

My only complaint is the price: $25 for 1 oz/$41 for 1.7 oz is crazy and if my rosacea weren't so darn sensitive to sunscreens, I'd never spend the money on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by wentan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best sunscreen I have ever used. Light in texture yet give enough SPF & coverage so your face can look fresher & glowing. Best of all, it doesn't clogged your pores. Already in my 3rd bottle.
Tried Dior and Guarlain BB cream... its too heavy for me and clogged my pore. I had fleshy bumps all over my face & forehead after using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by flameangel

Despite the high SPF, the sunscreen is very runny and light, applies very easily. It doesn't control oil but doesn't make my face turn oiler than usual. No breakouts on my sensitive skin.

The only gripe I had was the price tag, but the seemingly small bottle had lasted for half a year and still going strong. Already have a second bottle in my stash, this is how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gin1tonic

This sunscreen has been my Go-To everyday for the past 8 years, despite its high cost. I've tried to find alternatives to cut down on costs, but, there is no equivalent in terms of its light texture, fresh application, and no disgusting "sunscreen" scent.
Often times the problem w/ other brands has been that they are thick, heavy, and feels like my pores are getting clogged.

Pricey, but because the best wrinkle prevention regimen is to apply sunscreen everyday, I've sucked up the high price tag, and kept my loyalty. Shoot me an email if you do find something better.

Note: The other Clarins sunscreens are much more thicker in formula. Even the eye sunscreen is thicker than this one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cher03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is on the top of my list for sunscreen protection. not too greasy and my skin absorbs it so fast... i work under the sun and this.. is just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My mum started complaining bout the freckles she got from not wearing sunscreen and was looking for one. So my friend recommended me this! My mum got the beige version of it and apparently it is a top seller in singapore. So she was raving bout it to me and I decided to get this... And OMG THIS IS THE BEST. SUNSCREEN. EVER!!! <3<3<3

It smells amazing and goes on the skin so smoothly!!!
I use it on days where I don't put make up for the SPF function, and it makes my skin look so dewy and bright and kind of flawless (cos I have dark spots), but I absolutely encourage people to buy this cos it is simply... Addictive. :) try it and see it for urself hehehe

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by theman

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%
Rating: PA++; PPD ~4.4
Consistency: thin runny liquid
Finish: non-greasy, light glow
Wear: I did look dewier than usual, but not full-on shiny.
Gym: Did not sting eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is my HG sunscreen of all time (besides L'Occtiane) because it provides high spf and is not greasy/oily. It applies very well without a white cast and dries quickly. My skin feels smooth, soft, matte, and protected. Am on my 4th bottle. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The associate at the Clarins counter in Nordstrom suggested this....
Yesterday I test-drove it. I put a little on the back of my hand. The formula was runny, but easy to apply with my fingers. It applied smoothly without that greasy feeling and a little went a long way. To my surprise, its coverage is amazing for what it is (a supposedly "sheer" tinted sunscreen). The coverage is the better side of medium coverage--not quite medium-to-full.
It feels weightless and looks FLAWLESS and VERY natural, which is great because sometimes, products sacrifice natural-looking-ness for coverage. Not for this product!
The SPF 40 is also great. I'm not a sunscreen user (because I HATE the feeling of sunscreen and I'm too lazy to apply it) so I like how this product kind of forces me to wear sunscreen, since it's already embedded in it.
On the other hand, it did get a little oily after 4-5ish hours so I touched up with MAC Blot Powder and all was good for the rest of the day.
Today I wore it with Benefit The POREfessional and Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray--so far, so good.
I have this in Medium and Dark. I'm NC35 and Medium is a little too light so I mix Medium with one drop of Dark, and that works great!
It costs $42 for 1.7 fl. oz. of product, but it's totally worth it.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tweedyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is light, absorbs quickly, and has a matte finish. It's great on its own or under makeup. It is very runny so application can be a little tricky. I pour some in my left palm and use my right hand's finger tips to apply the cream to my face and neck.