April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gin1tonic

This sunscreen has been my Go-To everyday for the past 8 years, despite its high cost. I've tried to find alternatives to cut down on costs, but, there is no equivalent in terms of its light texture, fresh application, and no disgusting "sunscreen" scent.
Often times the problem w/ other brands has been that they are thick, heavy, and feels like my pores are getting clogged.

Pricey, but because the best wrinkle prevention regimen is to apply sunscreen everyday, I've sucked up the high price tag, and kept my loyalty. Shoot me an email if you do find something better.

Note: The other Clarins sunscreens are much more thicker in formula. Even the eye sunscreen is thicker than this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cher03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is on the top of my list for sunscreen protection. not too greasy and my skin absorbs it so fast... i work under the sun and this.. is just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My mum started complaining bout the freckles she got from not wearing sunscreen and was looking for one. So my friend recommended me this! My mum got the beige version of it and apparently it is a top seller in singapore. So she was raving bout it to me and I decided to get this... And OMG THIS IS THE BEST. SUNSCREEN. EVER!!! <3<3<3

It smells amazing and goes on the skin so smoothly!!!
I use it on days where I don't put make up for the SPF function, and it makes my skin look so dewy and bright and kind of flawless (cos I have dark spots), but I absolutely encourage people to buy this cos it is simply... Addictive. :) try it and see it for urself hehehe

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by theman

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%
Rating: PA++; PPD ~4.4
Consistency: thin runny liquid
Finish: non-greasy, light glow
Wear: I did look dewier than usual, but not full-on shiny.
Gym: Did not sting eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG sunscreen of all time (besides L'Occtiane) because it provides high spf and is not greasy/oily. It applies very well without a white cast and dries quickly. My skin feels smooth, soft, matte, and protected. Am on my 4th bottle. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The associate at the Clarins counter in Nordstrom suggested this....
Yesterday I test-drove it. I put a little on the back of my hand. The formula was runny, but easy to apply with my fingers. It applied smoothly without that greasy feeling and a little went a long way. To my surprise, its coverage is amazing for what it is (a supposedly "sheer" tinted sunscreen). The coverage is the better side of medium coverage--not quite medium-to-full.
It feels weightless and looks FLAWLESS and VERY natural, which is great because sometimes, products sacrifice natural-looking-ness for coverage. Not for this product!
The SPF 40 is also great. I'm not a sunscreen user (because I HATE the feeling of sunscreen and I'm too lazy to apply it) so I like how this product kind of forces me to wear sunscreen, since it's already embedded in it.
On the other hand, it did get a little oily after 4-5ish hours so I touched up with MAC Blot Powder and all was good for the rest of the day.
Today I wore it with Benefit The POREfessional and Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray--so far, so good.
I have this in Medium and Dark. I'm NC35 and Medium is a little too light so I mix Medium with one drop of Dark, and that works great!
It costs $42 for 1.7 fl. oz. of product, but it's totally worth it.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tweedyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is light, absorbs quickly, and has a matte finish. It's great on its own or under makeup. It is very runny so application can be a little tricky. I pour some in my left palm and use my right hand's finger tips to apply the cream to my face and neck.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Pros: Light texture, elegant packaging.
Cons: Doesn't appear to provide as much UVA protection than Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 sunscreen (if I used the sunscreen simulator correctly).

I really wanted to like this because the tinted version (which has a bit less protection btw), has the most beautiful, natural-looking coverage, but good UVA protection is more important to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

This isn't a bad product, it gets the job done. I like the 40 SPF protection as I live in sunny warm to hot climate. However, I dislike having to first clean my face, then add this sunscreen, then a moisturizer, then a foundation. it's just one extra step I'd rather not take. I want Clarins to invent a great moisturizer that has a nice SPF 40 in it already that's light weight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I am really happy with this product. I use it every morning on my face and neck before I put on my moisturiser (I use a tinted moisturiser and that is why I apply the sunscreen before, in order to avoid whiteness). It gives me the sun protection I need during the day, without the usual stickiness and perfume from a lot of other sunscreens. There is a light scent to this product, but after applying it usually vaporises (or maybe the scent blends in with my perfume) and it does not give you that "I have just been to the beach"-smell.
I have combination skin with oily t-zone, and this does not make the skin more oily nor does it make my skin break out. But I still get freckles on my cheek bone and nose bridge after a certain time of sun exposure.