April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I think they've discontinued this now - it's off the shelf at my drugstore and on sale. It's a great basic cleanser, not too drying. I like the texture of this & the pump packaging. It works great on my olay cleansing brush. Only thing I'm not a fan of is all the red dye that's in this.. I don't think it's really necessary. I really enjoyed this cleanser and would try another scent if I could find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by gonatural18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE THIS PRODUCT! I love everything about it. I love the smell, the texture, and the finish product, not to mention the way it can wake my skin up at any point during the day. It's fruity, youthful and an amazing every-day cleanser, and it's light and gentle. I recommend this to anyone from very little to moderate acne who just want their skin to be washed and awakened. This is perfect. I enjoy the strawberry seeds because it assures you that they're using some natural ingredients. It's a great cleanser for people (especially tweens and teens) who are just starting in skin care. Nothing can compare :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good basic cleanser, similar to the yellow bottle version (which I prefer to this one). It smells nice and cleanses well. I would only use a tiny pea-sized amount with my Clarisonic. It doesn't irritate my skin, but maybe it is a tad bit drying... Then again it is winter and dry here.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mimili09

Really good smell, it leaves the skin feeling clean and awake, and has super cute packaging ! I got it on sale for only 3$ ! I really recommend .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I haven't use C&C products for so many years because I never think their products are very good. I was attracted to the packaging of this cleanser and I needed a cheap drugstore facial cleanser at that time. It smells nice and the pump dispenses an adequate amount of product. The "strawberry seeds" designed for massaging is fun to use (it pops after a few rubs). I wasn't expecting much when I bought this product, but after using it I also didn't think it had very great cleansing ability. Considering this product is designed for oily/combination skin, it's a below average product because it doesn't clean dirt and/or grease very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this in stores and was attracted by the claims and packaging. (I know, smart right?)

I tried it out and I really liked the smell and texture. After a few more seconds of using it, my face began to burn and my eyes and nose water. I had a terrible reaction! I do have mildly sensitive skin, but I wasn't expecting this at all.

Sigh. I had to give it away to my friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a nice cleanser, not overly drying, and smells great, but I wish there wasn't so much red dye in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by JessiMarie93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Fefefelisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I love how the packaging is, very bright and inviting. When I went shopping for a new facial cleanser I saw this one and a few others and couldn't seem to put this one back on the shelf. The bottle is just too cute. I only use this product in mornings to REVIVE my tired skin. I think it does its job. My skin seems brighter, softer, and just plain clean. The smell isn't anything special, but that's no problem to me. The price isn't bad, I bought mine around 7 dollars. Sure, I would like to find something for less, but I think it's worth it. The packaging is nice because it comes with a pump, which is clean and hygenic. I wouldn't buy this product again because, though it's nice, I would probably move on to something new. It just seems like something I wouldn't buy again. Special, but not special enough, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean&Clear's Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser is part of their Morning Burst line. It's oil free and infused with pomegranate, passion fruit, and acai berry extracts, as well as real strawberry seeds for exfoliation. This cleanser claims to help revive tired skin, which attracted me, due to my 6am-1pm sleep schedule. I purchased my 9 fl oz bottle at Walmart for around $4.50 with a $2 off coupon.
The Fruit Infusions line has bright, cute packaging and boasts about it's fruitiness, so its probably geared towards young girls. The reviving cleanser's bottle is recyclable and made of bright pink plastic. The label has dark red dots on it, I think they might represent pomegranate arils. Like all Clean&Clear facial cleansers, this has a convenient pump. The bottle strays from the traditional tall, square, thin shape of the other Morning Burst cleansers, and is instead round and thick.
The formula is a thick,creamy, pink gel with what Clean&Clear claims is real strawberry seeds, but I'm a little unsure of that. Like the bottle, the cleanser inside is also quite visually appealing. A little bit of this cleanser goes a fairly long way. I've been using it for about 2 months, and sharing with boyfriend, and I've only recently breached the half-way point.
This cleanser smells like dish soap. Fruity dish soap. The scent is also much stronger than your standard bottle of Clean&Clear's. I don't recommend this if you're sensitive to strong scents or don't like the smell of your Palmolive. Personally I don't mind it. It doesn't smell bad, just a tad overly fruity. It's something that might be a turn-off for a lot of people, but its no big deal to me.
I use about half a pump of this cleanser twice a day to wash my face and half my neck. It lathers well and feels very nice on the skin. It rinses off easily and doesn't leave any residue. I experience a slight, but not unpleasant tightness if I don't rinse this off right away or leave it on too long. I don't have any reactions too it, but my skin isn't particularly sensitive. I have noticed a bit of dryness around my nose since I've started using it.
As far as exfoliating from the strawberry seeds goes, its pretty negligible. You'll only get at most two seeds in a full pump, sometimes none at all. They don't really do anything, so don't count on this as your scrub.
Some important notes about this scrub is the inclusions of parabens and Red 40 dye, which some may find objectionable. There's also no mention about animal testing. So this isn't exactly the most ethical cleanser you can buy.
On the back label, Clean&Clear also warns against potential reactions in those with strawberry allergies, so avoid this or be careful using it if you react to strawberries.
This is a good cleanser overall. It keeps my skin feeling soft and clean. It removes my face makeup well. It's also an excellent brush cleanser. Its somewhat helpful at controlling acne and it also adds a little bit of brightness in the morning. However, the smell can be a little obnoxious, and I think they strawberry seeds a gimmick. I recommend this cleanser if you have normal skin and don't require much else from your cleanser other than cleansing. It's affordable and gets the job done, and looks cute sitting on your sink. Though I probably won't repurchase it, I do think you should give it a go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No