Diego Dalla Palma Semitransparent Glossy Lipstick

on 7/4/2014 5:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm also reviewing no. 76. I bought it from Marks & Spencer's in London and didn't realise at the time how much I'd love it.
On my pale pink lips, this shows as a brownish rose, very dewy and soft.
It is the most soothing, comfortable lipstick I've ever worn. It feels as if I'm wearing a lip balm, in fact I tend to swipe it a lot of time because it feels so good!
I recommend you give this lipstick line a try. It's not cheap but to me it's worth it.

on 11/27/2011 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a great little find on Beautybar.com! Diego dalla Palma is an Italian makeup artist. Since products ordered on his web site apparently do not ship to North America*, I tried his line with two lipstix from Beauty Bar. This review is for the semitransparent glossy Antique Pink, a flat-out gorgeous creme rose with a touch of brown. It is easily the glossiest stick lip color I've ever used. The color is universally flattering, and the fragrance is a pleasant crémè bruleé. The packaging reminds me of Mary Quant's line from the 70's: a stout white plastic tube with black type and trim. It's easy to find in my ever-growing pile of lipstix, and feels substantial in the hand.

At $32USD, it is in the range I think of as outrageously expensive, but in this case I don't care. I admit that part of the allure of this line for me is having something very few people in my circle have even heard of, let alone own.

*If anyone can confirm or deny that his web site ships to the US, please let me know.