December 19, 2014 | 1630 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by erica420

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE NEW VERSION.

Not sure if the formula changed but they change the shade colors. Instead of 1 and 2, it comes out like other Missha BB creams (#21, 23). It now comes in a pump form like the other Missha BBs.

COLOR: I got #23. It's similar to the other Missha 23s. Will fit a NC25-30. Grey tone makes it appear brighter on my yellow based skin even though the color looks dark when pumped out.

SKIN TYPE: I read Korean blogs after I bought this. //THIS IS FOR OILY SKIN.// It is not for dry skin. I don't know why Missha advertised it for dry skin. koreans are awful at translating stuff in English, but they are getting better! I get dry patches with this despite wearing banila co cc cream under it.

I wish I had known it was for oily skin before purchasing. So I wouldn't repurchase this again. It is full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bb cream is very thick. I was expecting full coverage with one layer because it is so thick. The coverage did not live up to expectation. I need 3 layers to cover up acne, 2 layers to cover up fading marks. The color is way too pink. I use shade #2, the darkest shade. My face looks very pink with this on and my neck without this on is yellow. I don't want to use on my neck because color comes off even after setting it with powder. I don't want collars of all my shirts look rusty. This bb cream gives a shiny finish, not dewy, shiny. The only thing I like about this bb cream is the lack of strong scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by soseono

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ONLY con about this product is its grey-pinkish-hued color (in the lighter one). Its heavy-pink tone is favored by some in Korea, but is not my personal favorite. It just didn't look natural on me, clashed with my neck and body skin tone (Mac NC15-20), and made me look quite "made-up."

Other than that, it was everything one could hope for: great skincare benefits, smooth and creamy, not cakey, good coverage yet natural looking (as long as the color agreed with you), wonderful lasting power, not oxidizing, etc. It made my skin look smooth-textured and radiant.

I've seen this praised on so many Korean beauty forums, and rightfully so. As for the color problem, many people mix this with a little bit of heavy-yellow toned base product such as Missha's M Signature Radiance Foundation. For me, I applied a heavy-yellow toned powder foundation on top of it to counteract the pinkish-ness.

I eventually stopped purchasing it after the second tube. But if you're okay with the color, it's definitely THE Korean BB cream to try. It's pricy, but Missha goes on sale fairly frequently, even on its US website.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

This is my fifth BB cream and the last I'll ever try. The formula is slightly thicker than Skin79 Pink and BRTC Gold Caviar, but still smooth and creamy. It is super blendable and never feels like it will cake up like Lioele Triple The Solution. I bought Natural Beige, which a touch fair for me because it doesn't seem to oxidize during the day but it's nothing a little MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural can't fix. Initially I liked how it made my skin look - flawless and porcelain-like, but then I started noticing dry patches so that was the end of that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Totally love it, the best BB/CC of all I have tried and believe me I tried many, mostly hi-end products like The History of Whoo, Hera, Sulwhasoo you name it. I was very reluctant about Missha because its skincare is less natural than, say, Whoo which I like better than Sulwhasoo. But I happened to find a full list of ingredients online in English and was totally sold because it happens to have ginseng water or extract or whatever in the second place and a good several dozens of other oriental miracle stuff. Can you believe that. It beats by far all western foundations claiming to have skincare properties. So I first purchased it in Natural Beige and 20 ml version. It comes thick but lovely emollient and blends well, I put it over Whoo balancer or even lotion when my skin is drier. I use my fingers. A little goes a long way, it doesn't cake up or crease, it is not too shiny but I prefer to settle it with powder. Color wise, 01 goes well with my fair pinkish-neutral skin (Dior 010-020 or MAC NW15), though I have also had some samples in the same 01 and they were much darker and had greyish tone to them and didn't suit me that well. Or did I think so at that moment? I am not very sure of color consistency between batches. Well, I was so impressed that I also purchased full 50ml versions in 01 and 02, for the summer time and am so excited for them to arrive. It is dirt cheap and if you love ginseng skincare, you should try it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Easily my favorite BB cream of the moment. I like it a lot better for my dry skin than the Signature Real Complete, as I find the coverage a bit lighter and therefore less likely to stick to my dry patches. Staying power is pretty fab, BUT: unless I'm going for a super-dewy look I've started adding a little bit of powder on my cheeks to keep my cream blush from fading through the day, as this BB kind of "eats" it, haha. Higher SPF = bonus! Color is perfect for my NW10-15 winter skin, too.

Also, it smells really nice :) All in all, will repurchase this instead of the Signature or the altogether-too-much-for-me Perfect Cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by saberrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike skin79 bb creams, this gives high coverage and it feels moisturizing when I apply it on my face. However, it gets all caked up after an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Type: Asian - Oily with dry patches, also sensitive.

Prior to using BB Creams, I tried liquid fountains which always looked too cakey; and compact and powder foundations that left me looking patchy. I've used Missha M Signature Real Complete, which I really liked. But ever since I started using Missha Cho Bo Yang, I don't think I'll ever go back.

The Cho Bo Yang BB Cream comes in a convenient squeeze tube, which I prefer over M Signature Real Complete's pump. It has a slight scent, which I really like despite not normally liking perfumes in my cosmetic. The consistency is a big thicker than M Signature Real Complete, and it provides heavier coverage. When it smooth it on, it has a light cooling effect (kind of like water) which feels nice against your skin. It blends really well and does not leave any dry spots. I use this on top of a primer.

I do not have any acne or acne scars, but I have uneven skin tone with redness and freckles everywhere. Although it is not heavy enough to completely hide all my freckles, it smooths out all of my redness and uneven-ness. It really does not feel like I have makeup after applying it all over my face. I use Shade 1, which looks very natural and matches my skin better than the M Signature Real Complete 21.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Dieuthuy

This is the best bb cream I've ever tried, I use it everyday for about 1 year so I know what I'm talking about. It perfecetly covers all your imperfections, unite your skin and it looks so naturally! I can't say anything bad about this product, because it is simply perfect, I'll probably use is till I die haha. I have combination skin and it works on me amazingly (of course with powder). So go and buy it, cause you are not gonna regret it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by NotJustAnotherTeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK. So I'll just jump straight into it! I'm sure many would not want a wishy-washy long review, right?

CONS:
- Limited shades (2 SHADES ONLY!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) Oh, btw, the darkest shade was too light for me! Not that i have dark skin colour (typical Asian skin tone) and thus it casted a grey-ish sort of glow on me (NOT in a good way).

- Light coverage (I have acne and MANY acne scars) and this did not cover those up AT ALL. Except some REALLY faded scars. So if you are looking for a medium to full coverage BB cream, this product is NOT for you.

- Price was kinda steep. Purchased this on sale at one of their outlets at around S$40 ish dollars? Will be willing to fork out that amount if the product was actually good

-Makeup came off DESPITE primer and setting powder (lasted around 4-5 hours)

PROS:
- Did not break me out or irritate me skin (WOOHOO!)

- I dont know about others but I'm KINDA liking the smell of this BB cream. Even though i usually like me face products fragrance free.

Overall, I think it is a pretty decent product though not suited for my problematic skin. Though I will not repurchase this