MAC Such Flare!

on 12/31/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I just tried this on because they ran out of stock! I was crushed because I was testing matte red lipstick the whole day and thought I found my HG red. I did but I couldn't take it home. This red lipstick kind of looks like Russian Red but brighter, in my opinion. It's such a sophisticated red. I thought it had pink undertones. It's really bold but still managed to look natural during the day. I love it!

on 12/4/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This matte red lippie is a limited edition from MACs Glitter and Ice 2011 winter collection. I love matte red lipsticks so this was a no brainer to purchase, MAC has in my opinion the best matte red lippies on the market (Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Glam, etc). This does not disappoint, it has the same great texture and matte finish without being to drying! I love the white packaging, makes it easy to spot in my drawer of lipsticks. It is very similar to Russian Red, so if you already have RR you can skip buying it. Also I found an exact dupe, I mean exact, which is NYX's matte lipstick in the shade "Perfect Red". If you like Matte red lippies or just matte lipstick in general I suggest you check out NYX's new Matte lipstick line - They are fabulous and only $5-$6! I posted a picture of RR and Such Flare side by side to compare (RR is on the left and Such Flare on the right)

on 12/2/2011 8:37:00 AM

This is only my second red lipstick (first being the Viva Glam 1) because red lips have never really suited me but I love it. Beautiful classic bright red. Matte without too much drying on my lips.
Would recommend exfoliating and moisturising lips beforehand thought otherwise it could be drying.
Staying power is great although I did find some colour transfer in the first 30mins to an hour, even after blotting. But this didn't seem to affect the look of the lips, just my coffee mug!
It does take some work - exfoliate, moisturise, good liner (i used cherry), lip brush to really press the product into the lip for longevity but i think it's worth it.
For reference i'm NW20 in winter and NW20-25 in summer and it looks great against my skin, without looking clown-ish.

on 11/26/2011 7:47:00 PM

Bright red, matte lipstick for the holiday season. This is a LE from the Glitter and Ice 2011 winter collection.
Application is easy, and this lipstick has great staying power. I applied it once at 4 p.m., went out to dinner, then drinks, and only after many hours of wear did it even begin to fade. I was very impressed.

The formula is not horribly matte, which I like, because it doesn't end up looking dried-out like some matte lipsticks. It also doesn't dry my lips out either, which makes wearing it all the more comfortable. I will definitely be wearing this one more during the holiday season....and long past...it's a great, versatile color that gives a modern take on a classic red.

I would buy again.