July 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Concealers - The Body Shop - Lightening Touch(Reformulated)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

having used this in various different ways over the course of 12 months, i feel i've given this product the best effort i can.

pros: dries quickly, spreads easily, does not clump up the dispenser between uses, 03 shade is fair enough for my skin, packaged perfect for travel and touch ups.

cons: heavily fragranced, can be runny at times, lacking in enough pigment and shimmer for my personal needs.

my main issue with this product is the fragrance. it is all i can smell all day as it is on my face. it smells of very cloying, synthetic floral with an undertone of something unsettling. i cannot smell my perfume or indeed anything else but the odor of this product during wear. for some this will be a complete non-issue. sadly for me, between the sheerness and the HEAVY fragrance, this is a no-go for me.

i would absolutely suggest this to my friends that have no issues with heavily fragranced cosmetics, especially if they are looking for a very sheer highlighter. the price is perfect for those on a budget and the packaging is well produced. because of the fair pricing and longevity of this illuminator, i do not feel that my money was wasted - it's just a shame this wasn't the godsend for me it is for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This actually does hide my VERY dark circles! When I first put it on it looks orange even in the lightest shade (I have very pale skin). But once it is rubbed in it looks alright and is not cake y or anything. I had to twist it quite a lot at first for some to come out. I would feel more confident if the lightest shade was even lighter as its not that light for light shade. But something that actually works...what can I say. Bit pricey though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Nacelle

I want to like this product, I really do. But for me, it's just meh. I don't think it works that well with very light skin tones.
I got it in the lightest I could find, 03, and it works more like a not-very-pigmented-concealer for me. It's simply too close to my skin tone to be a highlighter.

But it looks good on, even if it does nothing for my dark circles.

I'm sure it works better for skin tones that aren't quite so pale as mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by yellowpanda372

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product I use almost everyday. However I find it more to be a highlighter than a concealer. I have very dark, visible under eyes, and I use this to brighten up the eye area. I also use it to highlight my brow bone. The consistency is very smooth, and does not crease, and blends pretty well. I wouldn't use this as a concealer, but more as an eye brightener or highlighter. The only downfall is that the packaging is horrible. It's a twist type of applicator. There's so much product left over from the tube, but the twist function doesn't get all the product out. I end up having to open the tube at the end, and finding there's so much product left to use. The brush applicator isn't too good as well, feels more like a paint brush. I usually use my fingers or a concealer brush to blend it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For fans of YSL Touche Eclat, it's worth knowing there's very little difference between this and YSL TE. The biggest difference is Lightening Touch does not contain mineral oil and parabens. Instead, Lightening Touch uses Birrea Oil, which has moisturizing properties and a small amount of antioxidants. Base ingredients are the same, performance is the same, color range is slightly limited. Application method is the same.

I use this as I used YSL TE; as a brightener and corrector. Lightening Touch also works as an eye primer in a pinch.

Packaging is not as heavy or luxuriant as YSL but it is half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The SA at The Body Shop recommended this and I'm so glad she did. It's my HG "concealer". I don't normally have under eye circles, so this product works best for me. It both covers and highlights my under eye/inner eye areas. I even use it on my cheeks if they seem a bit reddish. The applicator is a click pen and just the right amount comes out with one click for both eyes and one more to cover my cheeks, if needed. The product is a lightweight liquid that blends very easily with the brush and assisted with my finger or concealer brush. It does not settle or fade. It looks great in photos too. The tube lasted for just shy of 2 years (wow!). It retails for $14.40 and sometimes there's a BOGO 50%off on Thebodyshop.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I only use concealers for special occasions. And i don't have too obvious dark circles. Used this to brighten up my undereyes, nose, cheeks, and it work wonders :) Happy with this product. I blend it in using a small kabuki brush, non streaky, last a day. Compact design too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still a little confused to what it is supposed to do. Is it a highlighter, is it a concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Aclark7351

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite concealer by far! I have tried a few others that I like (BoI-ing by Benefit and the Sonia Kashuk concealer palette) but both were too heavy. I am an NC25 with combo oily skin-and I wear shade 04 in Lightening Touch. What I love most about this product is the creaminess of it. A lot of other concealers I have tried seem too pasty or cakey. This one is super light and creamy and almost feels moisturizing. I use it on my under eyes, around my nose, and on any blemishes. I love the packaging and I will def be repurchasing this again! It's only $12 USD so I think it's a great deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have light olive skin with a neutral undertone that dips a bit more into the "warm" category. My under eye circles are a greenish brown (NOT blue like a lot of other people with different skin tones). I find it very difficult to find a product that would match my skin tone. A lot of concealers and under eye highlighters out there have way too much yellow which makes my under eye circles look ashy and worse.

I bought this in shade 04. I like it a lot. It's NOT a heavy duty concealer--or even a concealer at all. On it's own, it's good for those days where I'm not wearing make up but want to brighten my eyes. In combination with a cover-up concealer, it works wonderfully. This product also makes a good eyeshadow primer.

I like the packaging although the applicator is sort of wasteful. Too much tends to come out. A basic pump or squeeze tube would have been better because I apply this with my fingers anyway.

I would probably buy this product again.