July 30, 2014 | 2111 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tom Ford - Illuminating Protective Primer SPF12

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Bought this on an impulse while purchasing some other Tom Ford products. I should have known better than to buy something illuminating when my skins tends to be oily. Seems like a lovely product for those with more normal to dry skin. Packaging is gorgeous and very sanitary. Gave it to a friend who was thrilled.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Primer smells ok and definitively not like stinky socks. I do not like perfumed make up like Chanel. Great primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Really nothing special about this product, I look for a silicony primer, much like the Smashbox kind; and this is not. It leaves the skin with a bit of glow, not the kind that mimics healthy skin, but an artificial product kind of glow. With the money TF charges, I expected it to be better, turned out all 3 product I bought (fdn, cleanser, primer) are all disappointments.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by smokeybare

Very moisturizing and nicely iridescent, but stinks like a old track shoe. The pump is also undependable and seems likely to break. My skin is oily so this product may be a little too moist for me. Looks pretty though, if you can stand the funk.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Dionne83

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This an okay primer, and the only one I have that is iridescent. However, I cannot wear it due to the smell.
Won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I was so excited to try this, so I bought one at Neiman Marcus upon passionate recommendation by the sales assistant.

The first thing I noticed was its foul-ish smell, like decayed rubber. I still used it on my face and... saw no change. Even after I applied makeup, I couldn't notice any impovement in my skin complextion. The only effect I was able to see was its iridescence (I was only able to see this on my palm where I smudged it).

Around the time I used half of the contents, the pump broke and it did not dispense any more, so I brought it back to TF counter after which I got a new one. I have no intention of using it, so I think I'll eBay it sometimes.

I had high expectation over this, so it was a bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by is88822

I have to agree with the previous reviews, this is really a superb primer.
It provides an excellent base und gives the skin a radiant appearance. Sometimes if I’m going for the no-make-look I even use this on it’s own.
The only issue I have with this product is its scent, or smell if you will.
It is scented not too strongly, but the smell always reminds me of unwashed gym clothes (read= old sweat).
I really wish this product would have a nice scent, or even better no one at all. But it doesn’t make dislike the product overall, so I’m gonna stick with it and repurchase my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mischief_Managed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautifully textured foundation primer. I have very reactive skin and it did not irritate at all. My foundation applied better and lasted an entire work day, which is all I ask for in a foundation primer. The fact that this product has skin care benefits is just a bonus, although I have not used it enough to see the benefits. A little goes a very long way so this product is actually a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

Best primer I've ever used. It's a little pricey as you would expect anything with TF's name on it. It leaves my face very soft and nice. Foundation goes on very nicely. It does feel like a treatment as well as a primer. A little goes a long way. I used too much the first time and felt it was too greasy. You really only need a little dab. I have dry cheeks and live in dry climate so this works very well for me. I probably wouldn't recommend this to someone with very oily skin or lives in very humid climate. For our brutal winter, this is just perfect. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I mentioned this in my reviews of the two new Tom Ford Beauty foundation products, but it's such a great "hybrid" product, I decided it deserved a separate review! It combines skincare and makeup with Tom Ford's Infusing Complex which contains skin retexturing ingredients and selected nutrients that claim to increase cellular vitality while helping skin stimulate it's own natural repair function. I have found it tones, firms, illuminates and smoothes my skin making my skin look glowing, resilient and truly properly primed for an airbrushed looking makeup application. I have used this primer under mineral powder, liquid, stick and cream foundations and it works fantastically with all of them. It also protects the skin against free radicals and has SPF12 for UVA/UVB protection. A little goes a long way, too. It is comfortable on the skin (neither drying, too tightening or too greasy for an all day soft feeling). It definitely provides the perfect canvass for smoother, longer lasting color. I have written many, many reviews on many primers and this one is now numero uno in my regimen! It has a wonderful turn to pop up lid, too, so no product is wasted. Highly recommended!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No