February 1, 2015 | 1668 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tom Ford - Illuminating Protective Primer SPF12

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Superlative. Creates perfected canvas, both smoothing and illuminating, optimally preparing skin to enhance delivery of foundation. Unrivalled!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Bought this on an impulse while purchasing some other Tom Ford products. I should have known better than to buy something illuminating when my skins tends to be oily. Seems like a lovely product for those with more normal to dry skin. Packaging is gorgeous and very sanitary. Gave it to a friend who was thrilled.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Primer smells ok and definitively not like stinky socks. I do not like perfumed make up like Chanel. Great primer.

Edit after several month:
I do not need this and it dries my skin out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Really nothing special about this product, I look for a silicony primer, much like the Smashbox kind; and this is not. It leaves the skin with a bit of glow, not the kind that mimics healthy skin, but an artificial product kind of glow. With the money TF charges, I expected it to be better, turned out all 3 product I bought (fdn, cleanser, primer) are all disappointments.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by smokeybare

Very moisturizing and nicely iridescent, but stinks like a old track shoe. The pump is also undependable and seems likely to break. My skin is oily so this product may be a little too moist for me. Looks pretty though, if you can stand the funk.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Dionne83

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This an okay primer, and the only one I have that is iridescent. However, I cannot wear it due to the smell.
Won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I was so excited to try this, so I bought one at Neiman Marcus upon passionate recommendation by the sales assistant.

The first thing I noticed was its foul-ish smell, like decayed rubber. I still used it on my face and... saw no change. Even after I applied makeup, I couldn't notice any impovement in my skin complextion. The only effect I was able to see was its iridescence (I was only able to see this on my palm where I smudged it).

Around the time I used half of the contents, the pump broke and it did not dispense any more, so I brought it back to TF counter after which I got a new one. I have no intention of using it, so I think I'll eBay it sometimes.

I had high expectation over this, so it was a bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by is88822

I have to agree with the previous reviews, this is really a superb primer.
It provides an excellent base und gives the skin a radiant appearance. Sometimes if I’m going for the no-make-look I even use this on it’s own.
The only issue I have with this product is its scent, or smell if you will.
It is scented not too strongly, but the smell always reminds me of unwashed gym clothes (read= old sweat).
I really wish this product would have a nice scent, or even better no one at all. But it doesn’t make dislike the product overall, so I’m gonna stick with it and repurchase my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mischief_Managed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautifully textured foundation primer. I have very reactive skin and it did not irritate at all. My foundation applied better and lasted an entire work day, which is all I ask for in a foundation primer. The fact that this product has skin care benefits is just a bonus, although I have not used it enough to see the benefits. A little goes a very long way so this product is actually a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

Best primer I've ever used. It's a little pricey as you would expect anything with TF's name on it. It leaves my face very soft and nice. Foundation goes on very nicely. It does feel like a treatment as well as a primer. A little goes a long way. I used too much the first time and felt it was too greasy. You really only need a little dab. I have dry cheeks and live in dry climate so this works very well for me. I probably wouldn't recommend this to someone with very oily skin or lives in very humid climate. For our brutal winter, this is just perfect. Will definitely buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No