September 16, 2014 | 2086 users online

Lipstick - Boots - No 7 Poppy King - Intrigue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a Beauty.com GWP bag. I love it! It's the absolute perfect, everyday shade for my pale self. It looks like perfect lips - a hint of natural pinky/nude/brown/rose and the glossy sheerness helps keep it from looking too "done." I love this lipstick so much, I'm going to hunt down some of the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I <3 these lipsticks! I have 2 shades (#5 Intrigue and #4 Seduction, which is the perfect sheer blackberry) and I am seriously considering picking up all the shades in the line. I purchased these from drugstore.com on sale for about $7 a piece. As far as I know this is the only place they’re still available, as the Target stores by me didn’t have anything ‘Poppy King’. I am a fan of the Lipstick Queen line, but they’re a bit pricey for my budget. When I saw that Boots No. 7 had some Poppy King designed shades, I couldn’t pass them up. I ordered #4 Seduction & wound up loving it soooo much, I ordered #5 Intrigue as well. The color, as another reviewer described, is the perfect reddish-nude. Its just a really natural, sheer, reddish-rose that brightens my face and goes with a variety of makeup looks. The texture is soft and smooth and balm-y, and there is no scent or taste. It’s sheer enough to apply without a mirror, yet has enough pigment to show up. It’s buildable, and it lasts a good 2-3 hours before needing reapplication. It’s really comfortable to wear, and I think the compact, lavender metal tube is adorable. I love pretty much everything about this lipstick (and dare I say it, I actually like formula better than Lipstick Queen lipsticks). Highly, highly recommended, and I will be picking up more of these, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprised by how sheerly this lipstick applies. In the tube, it's a warm-toned brownish red. When I saw it in the store, I thought it might be a great color for a matte retro lip. However, the application is almost more balm-like and the finish is quite sheer and dewy. As such, the staying power isn't great. I still like the color, but the finish isn't what I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by thecatsmother

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love the colour and the feel, no glitter, just lovely colour and moist feel. Only draw back is the tube is small so you dont get much for the price, which is a bit steep for what you get. This is not a long lasting lipcolour but I was so pleased with the look and feel of this lipstick I will buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My new favorite, favorite lipstick! It's a super-natural reddish nude (yes, really) that's very flattering. No glitter, sparkles, or blinding glossy shine. I wear this all day, every day. Deducted one point from the rating because it doesn't last as long as I'd like, but I'm still a huge fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is number five in Poppy King's line of seven lipsticks for Boots no7.

I really like this shade - it's a flattering nude, that goes with many different makeup looks and doesn't give me too-light concealer lips. The formula is really nice - it feels nice going on, is not drying, lasts decently, and wears off evenly.

Recommended!