Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Body Butter

4.2

on 1/20/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for the hand cream - a bit thicker than the body lotion formula and a much smaller (but gorgeously decorated) tube. ($8 - 9)

I enjoy the floral scent of gardenia - and Pacifica's version is true and very nice - sweet, floral. A bit too strong for me - but fades fast. But I am not in love with Gardenia he way i am the fruity scents like Blood Orange and Brazilian Mango Grapefruit (my fave).

This also came as part of a 3 handcream value set - a good deal.

Makes for a nice gift if you know a gardenia lover.

on 7/31/2014 5:52:00 PM

I have a love for gardenias and related products. This is fresh and lovely-not heavy or cloying. However more like a white flower blend with gardenia. It smells great on me. Loving the scent...but use small amounts of it as I prefer it when fragrances aren't too strong.

on 6/10/2014 1:57:00 PM

Definitely a rich lotion. Gardenia lovers will enjoy this natural smelling floral body butter.Long lasting scent on me. Has glycerin, shea butter, mango butter and a host of herbal extracts. I like very light scents so while this fragrance isn't for me, I find the body butter itself to be very moisturizing.

on 6/25/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was traveling and noticed that my legs were quite dry from the hotel soap and chlorinated water. I could have just waited until I got back home to use my normal body lotions, but I decided to pick this up as it was on sale for a good price. I normally find Gardenia scents to be artificial and cloying, but this one is quite nice and natural smelling. The lotion itself is thick and moisturizing and did the trick on my dry legs. The fragrance, while not strong, is still long lasting. I could faintly smell it all day long. No musk, thank goodness...but the scent is definitely there for the long run and it is definitely floral. I like it and might repurchase. It is a summer scent, for sure.

on 11/25/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm kind of surprised it's called a body butter. This is definitely thicker than your typical lotion but I think of body butters as being even thicker than this is. I can only use this during the winter because of how rich it is. I love putting it on my hands and feet much more so than on my body. It's so moisturizing. It leaves my skin feeling so silky after I put it on. So for texture and moisturizing I give this a 5.

The scent... all I can say is WOW! It is so strong. I can smell it on me all day long, after I wash, and even on my clothes days later. You definitely don't need to use any perfume when you have this on. I guess this would be a good thing if you love the scent. For me, it's too floral-y and perfumy. Based on the description of it being "sweet, smooth and slightly citrusy aroma is reminiscent of Jasmine, Sweet Orange and Tea Leaves" I was expecting something a little sweeter, lighter, and a little fruity. I just smell straight heavy floral. For not matching the description I give it a 3.

I know everyone's taste is different so I won't knock this product. It really is nice and moisturizing, so if you love Gardenia and floral scents I recommend this.