October 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Polishes - Essence - Colour & Go Nail Polish in Date with the Night

rated 2.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essence's Colour&Go Nail Polish in Date With the Night is a fast drying, metallic taupe. I purchased my .16 fl oz bottle at Ulta for .99. I purchased it because of Emily Noel's hype about it, which I don't normally do.
Packaging is little tiny, round, glass bottle with a cap the same color as the polish, making it easy to find in your polish stash. The cap is pretty poor quality, and detached from the top of the brush the first time I opened it. It's pretty annoying.
The back label describes the brush as "flat". It's also surprisingly long for such a little bottle. I really like it. It takes two strokes for me to cover my nail.
Date With the Night is an interesting and unique color and finish. A duo-chrome taupe with a metallic finish that borders foil. The taupe shade tends to lean grey, but is a pretty chocolate brown in some lights. This polish looks so sophisticated and classy on the nail and is great for evening parties n'at, especially in fall and winter. I suppose that's where it got its name.
The application of this polish is as beautiful as the color. Two strokes, one coat, all done. Sometimes I'd add another thin coat for a richer color and more dimension, but this is definitely a one coat polish. Combined with the super fast 30 second dry time, this really holds true to the "Colour&Go" name.
This polish sounds too good to be true, right?
It is.
I get an astoundingly long four hours of wear from this polish before the peeling sets in. This nail polish has no water resistance. If you plan on washing your hands at all while wearing this polish, even if its been dry for hours, prepare for a disaster. It peels straight off and leaves behind a tacky, brown, hard to remove residue. It looks like you dipped your fingers in pudding and let it dry. Ew.
I've tried applying this polish multiple ways, with no luck. No matter how I do it, it just doesn't stick. After one or two hand washes, its gone. Its awful because this is such a great polish in every other category.
I still recommend this polish. It's so visually interesting. Spending $1 on it will be well worth it if it works for you, and won't hurt if it doesn't. I'm legit saddened by this polish and will continue to try to get it to work.