The Body Shop Define and Lengthen Mascara

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use an amazing mascara called " NYC SkyRise mascara 843 " NYC Mascara is better than falsies !!!! I used this at school when I already had NYC on, and I wanted to try it because everyone was talking about it at school. And it was awful and clumpy !!!! :( ...

on 10/12/2012 4:02:00 PM

Define and Lengthen does help to define my lashes, but I don't notice a difference in the length of them when I use this product. It doesn't have any fibres in it to add length to the lashes, so I don't really know how it's supposed to achieve that look.

I found that I have to add coat after coat to make it look like I have any mascara on at all, which is strange as there is always product on the brush before I put it on...

The brush is quite thin which I like because it means that I can pick up the lashes on the inner and outer eye area, but I think that's probably the best part about this one! From this experience, I wouldn't buy Define and Lengthen again, and won't be buying other The Body Shop mascaras in the future either. Stink.

on 11/19/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't recommend this. It clumps, which it shouldn't. I've tried a lot of mascaras, and I have to say that I was unpleasantly surprised by this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

nothing to say but it delivered perfectly and it's sooooooooo perfect for everyday use

on 7/20/2008 11:55:00 PM

I got this mascara as a free gift from the Lucky Reward program. Anyhow, this is supposed to be a mascara that adds length and volume to your lashes. For reference, my lashes are naturally long but I do need a boost of volume to complete my whole makeup look, but this mascara doesn't fully work that great for that purpose. However, I do have to say that I really like the brush, it's quite small and it's narrow in the tip so it can easily reaches the small lashes in the inner eye corners. Being Asian I've always cursed with stick straight lashes, and this mascara doesn't hold curl very well. Moreover, the formula is quite runny so it actually weighted down my lashes. Overall, this is an Okay mascara and will not give you a dramatic result. It does help to define and darken my lashes though, and the brush is pretty slick. It retailed for $14 and I will not repurchase since I can get a much better result by using my beloved Maybelline Full 'n' Soft.

on 11/11/2005 10:56:00 AM

Got this at the weekend and not really a fan, prefer the volumising one, i will use it but wouldnt repurchase

on 3/16/2005 11:32:00 PM

This is my everyday mascara. No clumps, just great lashes. I love it.

This is reminiscent of Lancome Definicils, only much cheaper. The brush is thin so it grabs the hard to reach lashes. Nice non clumpy formula.