August 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Velvet 33 - La Distinguée

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by visee

Love the packaging of these Rouge Allure Velvets. As mentioned by another reviewer, the lipstick pops up from the black casing at the top when you press it, which is really fun. La Distinguee is a satiny coral-beige shade. I find the texture quite unique but unfortunately it doesn't look that great on my lips as it seems to extenuate fine lines and any dryness, and ends up rather frosty. A similar shade I like better is Cameo Pink from Burberry which is a tad pinker, but has a more creamy texture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I got this based on the reviews and was sorely disappointed.. very drying, unappealing lipstick. The shade is good but the texture just isn´t youthful.. quite "mature" looking (and I am 43!). There are better formulas in equally nice shades out there. Update: just tried it on again, makes a great natural blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a beautiful lipstick.

The colour is pink with beige undertones, and depending on the lighting and weight of application, it can look vibrant and youthful, or subtly elegant.

The texture is silky and light - it sinks into the lips without the drying effect that many matte lipsticks have. It has a certain creaminess to it, but it isn't moist, so I would recommend a slick of balm if your lips tend to be dry.

Lastly, the packaging is a delight. The case itself is black, minimalistic, luxe. You press its gold base, and the lipstick pops out. Just divine.

This is my first lipstick purchase from Chanel. There is definitely a difference in quality in comparison to drugstore brands. I would certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick! And i have been looking for a nice neutral but not too neutral lippie for some time.Perfect for Asian tones NC30....neutral yes, yet very pretty, a light pinkish muted coral colour, great for work and after work as well! Must have nicely mosturised lips beforehand definitely. I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Out of the eight shades of Rouge Allure Velvet released in the UK, this was the only one that was light enough for my tastes. In fact, it looks so light in the tube and swatched on my hand that I was worried it was going to be too pale for me, but thankfully it isn't.

I would describe La Distinguée as a light-medium peach, with brown and nude tones. It's too peachy to be a truly neutral or nude lipstick. On me (NC40-42), it shows up as a somewhat bright but muted peach coral. I don't normally wear brighter lip colours as they can make my skin look green, but this is lovely. However, I bought it and wore it when it was sunny in the UK, and now that it's winter, I don't find myself reaching for it so much, as it's too much (and clashes with my mostly grey and navy winter clothes). I can make the colour more muted by using a nude lipliner underneath, though.

The packaging is GORGEOUS - it's the Rouge Allure press and release case. I much prefer this packaging to that of the Rouge Cocos.

As for the formula, it's very silicony and slightly gel-like. It's not a traditional matte lipstick as it does retain a slight sheen. It applies quite thinly as it's very lightweight. If you're used to wearing heavy lipstick on your lips, like I am, then you might find the light texture a bit strange. I do find myself applying more coats in order to feel the 'slip' of the product between my lips. I like pressing my lips together to feel the lipstick (and to check it's still there!), and with this, you can't really do that. In some ways it reminds me of Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in the way it feels - not like a traditional, waxy lipstick.

I don't find it drying, but I have been taking really good care of my lips lately, and always put on an intensive lip treatment at night. I wouldn't want to wear this if my lips had any flakes on them. The lasting power is exceptional, and in my experience, second only to the Rouge d'Armanis. I can get about 4-5 hours wear from this. I hope that Chanel releases some more lighter colours soon.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No