April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Moisturizers - Glaxal Base Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jella22

this review is for the CREAM (in a tub) not the lotion. I have tried the lotion and for some reason I find the smell much stronger than the cream formula. And actually, as long as you have clean hands, I love TUBS ! I use this product on my face Am and Pm. this Canadian wonder works fantastic if you are using Retin-a, or any product that dries the face. My face is super sensitive and dry all the time and this cream does wonders !!!! I would highly recommend this over the other popular creams/lotions - cetaphil, cerave, etc (I have tried them all) this definitely doesn't get the hype it deserves but it has 5 stars from me ! also, it provides a good base for mixing other products (for example, vitamin c).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by glfhas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff stinks. I have to use it as I am having radiation therapy. The smell is awful. I find it nauseating. I do not like going around smelling like a tar pit. It might be good but will some one tell me why products without perfume must always smell so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice! No gross scents, absorbs fast, soothes and softens. What a cream should do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ebijou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 3 pots of this in the house. I use the cream, the lotion has more ingredients and it's just not the same. This, paired with Dove's bar for sensitive skin (my derm would say : real soap) just cleared my skin. It did. About 2 years ago I got very upset at my own skin. I was 27 and had a teenager's skin. I stopped at my local drugstore, and the pharmacist recommended Glaxal base with Dove's soap. That's it, It cleared my skin. I still get a few pimples here and there but my skin is so much clearer. I recommend this to anyone who's struggling with acne, exzema, etc. It's sooooo soothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Savvy4

I feel like I need to share my story....I use to suffer from dry/red acne prone skin....it all started when I was about 14 years old and I suffered until about 22 when I started to listen to my mother....LOL. She has been using this product for most of her adult life. I was always jealous of her super hydrated and flawless skin. One day I had enough of trying EVERY single acne wash/scrub/lotion on the market and decided to just STOP caring and give in to my mothers suggestions. I started to wash my face with doves sensitive skin bar soap and then put this glaxal base over top. Within a week my acne was totally healed and the scars were less noticable. I KNOW some people comment that this product is way to "greasy" or feels like your smearing your face with butter....but I am telling you, that is only for like a minute...then the product absorbs into your skin and your dry skin is gone all day. AND i MEAN ALL DAY. Im telling you all, I use to be soooo depressed with how my skin looked but this product really saved my self esteem. Your skin stays hydrated all day-its gentle so it doesnt make your face red- it doesnt clog poors- its amazing and I will never stop using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Ashkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product? Welskin Glaxal Base Moisturizing lotion. Hypoalergetic, perfume free, lanolin free, non greasy.

I am very happy with this product. I have super sensitive skin and it tolerates very little. Up until now I have had to balance between very dry skin that turns red and peals from my work outside, and consistent break outs and oil. I had never been able to find a product my skin would tolerate, that also kept in enough moisture. I tried the Expensive $30 for like a teeny tiny container stuff for non-tolerant, allergic, sensitive blah blah blah skin (nope), down to your department brands (another nope). Well this stuff does it!

Welskin’s Glaxal Base goes on smoothly and gives your skin a cool refreshed feeling after a few minutes. It’s not greasy… shortly after application it sinks in and leaves an even matte like finish, not your normal shiny mess. Give it time to sink in though, it is shiny at first. In just over a week of use it reduced the redness in my skin and got rid of that tight, rough feeling I have learned to get so used to. My skin loves it… No breakouts or reaction at all. Big shocker there.

I always do research on new products I want to try before use and what I found on Glaxal Base inpressed me… It is highly recommended by skin experts in Canada, is the main lotion used for patients undergoing radiation treatment (skin gets so dry), and is used religiously by many mothers with young infants suffering diaper rashes and dry skin.

I will definitely be buying this product again. I got it for $9 at my local Walmart (Canada). The tube is sizeable at 227 grams and should last me a long time. Only downside? The smell is tough to get used to. Plastic. But for everything else this product does for me I will live with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Moisturizer suitable for dry facial skin or body skin
INGREDIENTS: Water, Propylene Glycol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, p-Chloro-m-Cresol, Sodium Hydroxide
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This is a nice basic moisturizing lotion that I want to like but despite its ability to perform it has one fatal flaw: the preservative used (p-Chloro-m-Cresol) has a strong phenol (think almost coal tar or plastic) odour that renders this product unusable. This preservative has also been suspected to cause irritation which makes little sense in a product intended for sensitive skin. This product is Canadian and is very common in drugstores here but I have only seen it on drugstore.com in the US.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? No