October 23, 2014 | 860 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Session Spray hairspray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

This has been my daily to-go hair spray for more than a year now. I have fine thin hair that gets weighed down VERY easily but this hairspray gives great hold while still being lightweight. It has really nice shape memory, I was once walking with the wind blowing right in my face - hair streaming behind me everywhere - this usually results in my hair basically "unravelling" and "unstyling" itself, but this time with a quick shake of my hand on my hair it pretty much got back to how it was before. Great for setting bangs/fringe, a new part, curls, using at roots as a volume helper, teasing, etc., just very versatile in all situations. And NEVER crunchy, flakey, heavy or horrible mess of stuck-together hair - just strong but invisible hold where you need it. The ONLY issue I have had is that the nozzle got cloggy the last few months I am using it and had a bad habit of spraying a direct thin stream to the side when I forgot to unclog it and least expected it. Otherwise I love it & think it's worth every dollar. Definitely would repurchase, in fact I have already.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

4 lippies for the product, 0 for the nozzle. I agree with other reviewers about the qualities of this hairspray, it feels great in my hair, performs well and doesnt smell horrible at all. But the nozzle clogs in just one day for me. Dont know if I got a bad one or what, but I can rinse it in hot water and it works fine. The next day when I point it at my hair and sprays it - it WILL get in my eyes, face, on my neck or on my clothes, because the nozzle is all clogged up with dried-out hairspray. Really annoying in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lulu1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great hairspray for my straight fine hair. It provides excellent hold without crunch and flakes. It performs better than Aveda Controlforce (flake city) and even Ellenet for me. I use it to set updos ( French twists & chignons)and to manage one unruly section of hair. I can even comb it out and wear my hear down the next day without having to shampoo. I can't really speak to shine enhancement as I have really shiny , dark brown hair to begin with. Yes, it is on the higher end at 24 CDN$. However, it's money well spent and I highly recommend giving this salon brand a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MOWCAM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On my second can of this. Heartbreakingly expensive in salons, but possible to get a better deal online - no other hairspray seems to leave me with the same result. I lightly spray sections of my long, fine hair after styling, and it stays in place all day - full of volume and shine.
Does not leave flaky residue like most other hairsprays - this on ebrushes right out without tearing out strands of hair. Highliy recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a big fan of Kevin Murphy products. This hairspray gives great hold and doesn't result in flakes when you brush your hair after applying it. It also gives great shine - although for me this is the one downside of the hair spray - I normally prefer a more matte spray. Regardless, this does a great job in controlling flyaways and giving good hold.