Lancome Bienfait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen

2.9

Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (15%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (5%), and Oxybenzone (6%): Provide broad- spectrum UVA/UVB protection, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane,Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Edta, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- feels greasy on the fingers but absorbs quickly
- moisturizing
- does not leave a white cast
- spreads easily
- good squeeze bottle
- high SPF so I don't have to buy two for outdoor days
- does not cause breakouts

Cons:
- pricier than drugstore ones
- runny
- must shake bottle before applying
- stings my eyes

on 2/5/2015 12:40:00 AM

I am honestly surprised to see the bad reviews here! after a long and arduous search for a something that wouldn't break me out, I have finally found my HG sunscreen! It glides on and absorbs quickly, leaving my skin feeling soft and primed for makeup application. there is no cakey, white residue, and it doesn't turn grainy when you apply foundation or BB cream. I will definitely buy this product again and again.

on 6/13/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It makes my skin really oily!

on 5/21/2014 3:41:00 PM

I use a large amount of UV product on my face, this one leaves an oil film on my face, stings my eyes, dries my skin a little bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bienfait UV spf 50 left my face super shiny with a hint of shimmer. It was odd. My skin also stayed white. Now I'm pale and proud of it. I don't go out in the sun and never have, protecting myself diligently. But this product made me look like a Geisha girl in drag.
It was runny which I also disliked intensely. I don't want a sunscreen that is too gloppy, either, mind you, but I don't want one that is so watery that I have to move that quickly to get it on my face. Then I'm wondering about the actual coverage of the spf.
I'm very careful around my eyes, but, and this is a big one, if it did get anywhere near them, it stung like crazy.
As far as cost, it's on a par with other cosmetic line sunscreens, so that's not an issue. You actually get a lot for the price. The container was ok as far as handling. I was ok with the cost and I wanted to shop a skincare line for my suncare line for my face.
But Bienfait failed miserably. Back to Sephora I went. This sunscreen just didn't work out for me.

on 12/20/2012 7:39:00 PM

I have bought many face sunscreens trying most every matte facial sunscreen on the market. This one seems to be the only one that works for me. I love that it plays nicely with makeup going on matte and sinking into skin quickly allowing me to apply my base right after and I stay matte all day. It has a high SPF, which since I have melasma, is a must for me or I get brown spots immediately. If you get this in your eyes it will sting like crazy, more so than other sunscreens. This seems to break me out less than other comparable sunscreens. I wish this was cheaper or that Neutrogena matte sunscreen which is cheaper worked for me. I do find it on ebay pretty regularly for $22 pretty regularly.

on 10/12/2012 1:33:00 AM

It is an average sunblock, i used it for a while, it kept my skin matte but would cause mini breakouts. I usually have a problem with many sunblocks so it might just be me. On the positive side if your skin is ok with the sunblock it is nice for oily skin because of its liquid consistency.

on 6/9/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its greasy and makes my skin look oily. It also starts to peel and clump up when I'm applying makeup over it. Won't be purchasing again.

on 6/5/2012 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a typical chemical sunscreen with TOO much alcohol, which may accelerate the absorbtion of those chemical unsafe(oxybenzone) ss ingredients into the skin.

on 5/2/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe the row ratings on this (and also the lack of reviews) This is on par with Shiseido SS. It goes on smooth and leaves your skin looking pretty matt. It has that super smooth "cone" feel to it when applying but a little less so than the shiseido ss.
I really like this, I also like that this isn't a thich consistency, it's milky so it absorbs faster and feels lighter on my face.
Definitely on par with Shiseido ss, if you like japanese ss, this is pretty darn close!