August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Soothing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream is not cheap for a drug store product. Very gentle, soothing. not very greasy. It has a pleasent fresh aroma. However somewhat heavier than an oil free facial lotion. Not for a hot summer night.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unbelievable. I actually had a wicked reaction to this product, especially around my eyes. I wanted to love this cream and I really do, but my eyes do not. I will say that it is rich, but sinks in really fast, my skin feels smooth, not greasy and the smell is delish! I just cannot deal with swollen, irritated eyes. At least they're not red anymore, nor are my cheeks. Sadly, I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kenzieasdzaan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One negative: The Fragrance.
I purchased this product a week ago in a hurry because I ran out of my Oil of Olay fragrance free moisturizer (as basic as it comes) and the campus drugstore didn't carry it! I also didn't realize that there is a regular moisturizer in this line and not just a cream. This did work wonders for my red, irritated skin. It's a wonderful night cream and I don't wake up with a shiny face! That's a plus. This product absorbs right into your skin and improves the texture of your skin in the first week.
I am especially sensitive to perfumes in general, whether it be on my skin or how they smell. This product gives me an instant headache and the first night I used it, I had to lightly rise off my face with water to cut the smell. To me, it smells a little bit like cologne rather than a fresh scent. But again, I am especially sensitive to perfumey odors.
If I can get used to the smell I WILL purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by alcMD2peds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised that this "ultra gentle" cream gave me a burning/stinging feeling when applied after cleansing -- and I used it with the Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I also do not like the fragrance. It did moisturize fairly well and left my face soft without feeling greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sammmmtan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, wow. The first time I put this product on my dry, red, irritated skin, I automatically felt a difference. My flaky skin became soft and smooth like a baby's bottom. In all seriousness, this really helped with my dry, sensitive winter skin. My skin feels moisturized, not greasy. I use this cream day and night and I just can't get enough. I was put off by the price, which I believe was around $15 where I got it. However, I only use a tiny dab for my whole face and neck. I've barely made a dent and it's been a few weeks. I've seen amazing improvement in my skin consistency and it would take a lot for me to use any other skin cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by regang

LOVE. I have combination skin that gets dry in the winter and this is the best fix for dry or sensitive skin! The formula is so calming and the scent is light and clean and doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't sting your face like some other moisturizers do and it doesn't leave any grease or residue on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift from a friend with the same skin type as mine acne/sensitive. I've been using it for about a week now and I'm pretty happy at this point. No breakouts, no irritation, the fragrance is not an issue. The cream itself is dense and a little does not go a long way, imo, I don't think it's meant to, so that it can really sink in and penetrate.

I use a very thin layer over skin that is still damp from my actives. It seems to keep my skin soft and moist throughout the night and my skin looks calm and happy in the am. This is really a good night cream as well I was using my day cream at night because I had nothing else, but this is a much better product for the night time. It takes a much shorter period of time to sink in and it doesn't seem to interfere with any actives or my eye cream.

UPDATE 1/31/2013 - This irritated my skin and made it itchy after a few days. Saving it for use on elbows and hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by katlj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin LOVES this cream!

Like everyone else I was very concerned about the fragrance, but it doesn't seem to adversely affect me at all. I'm prone to redness/irritation and Perioral Dermatitis, so I'm nervous about trying anything new. I bought this at the drugstore when they had run out of the Eucerin Q-10 Anti-Wrinkle cream that I had been using. I was very surprised that this works much better for me. Its very moisturizing without being greasy, quite soothing and I've never had any issues with breakouts.

It's a bit spendy for a drugstore cream, but I have no problem ponying up the cash for a product that works so brilliantly for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by brennau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really really like this cream! I have VERY sensitive skin and live in Alaska so the cold doesn't help. This lotion is very soothing and I didn't find it to be greasy at all. I smelled it and was worried and confused why a "gentle/soothing" product would have such a strong fragrance. I thought it would break me out like crazy but it didn't!!! The fragrance smells like clean laundry to me as strange as that sounds. I normally use cetaphil cream but I needed something to address redness. Plus, Cetaphil is very heavy and greasy on me. This Neutrgena absorbs so nicely into the skin and it got rid of all of my skin irritation including blotchyness and bumps! LOVE this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Kavila1

I decided to purchase this product because it was an Editor's Pick in my Allure magazine. It is very gentle on my skin and absorbs very well. Leaves my face hydrated and not too greasy. The smell doesn't bother me at all as it does some other reviewers.