July 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Fragrances - BCBG Fragrance - Max Azria

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tested this several times since receiving it and, TMN, it simply does not smell of sweet strawberries. If I sniff very hard close to my skin I think there just might be some smell akin to cherry, but mostly what I smell is sharp citrus and what turns out to be the strong and pungent aroma of black currant from a supposed "Kir Royale" cocktail accord. LOL. This last note mentioned, of course, is NOT listed amongst the notes in the fragrance pyramid on the site where I first learned of this fragrance.

BCBG Max Azria is great for ladies who love the scent of Black currant. I myself do not dislike a note of it in small dose; however, it was not black currant but rather a gentle scent of sweet strawberries and cherries that I was looking for when I ordered this fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells bad imo. it's heavy and not at all fresh. suffocating. it's like sitting behind a girl with a lot of mousse or hairspray in her hair

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I picked this one up because it smelled okay in store and I loved the bottle. On me it just didn't work. Smelled fake and overly sweet. Ended up giving it away after trying to make it work. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is surprisingly nice perfume ;I was trying some other perfumes the other day and I did not expected to love that,but I surprisingly did. It is a young, vibrant, sparkling,yummy without being intrusive or overbearing in any way. I am not crazy about roses/ I hate Lola by Marc Jacobs and generally rose based fragrances, although I am from Bulgaria and should love it as that's where the rose oil,an essential perfume ingredient, is produced/, but here the rose is barely detectable.It is beautifully layered with jasmine and lily of the valley.This perfume does not smell like strawberry to me as someone had mentioned. It is nicely balanced fruity-floral ,50:50. I am 43 and I don't agree that this is for young girls only either /like Meow by Katy Perry for example/.I can't comment on the staying power as I just purchased it online. This perfume's basenotes are so boring and predictable when you read them at first,yet they come together rather beautifully in a pretty,enticing scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

This is just OK for me. I loved the "Sexy" line but unfortunately can't find it anymore. Why would they discontinue such a lovely fragrance? Not smart, if you ask me! I will not purchase this again unless I'm buying it for a teenager. :( BCBG needs to give us our Sexy back!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This perfume is great! The packaging is so pretty and so is the scent. I think it would be ideal for a teenager :) This perfume lasts a very long time and it smells really feminine and nice. It's a little pricey, but the quality is great. Would recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this alot. Flowery smell. I got the small version. Dont remember the ml. But once I finish it, I'm definitely going to get the full version.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was walking through the mall today and a man was handing out samples of this fragrance. I'd never even heard of it. The bottle is a lovely, girly pink with a stopper that looks like an opening flower blossom. Very young and feminine looking.

The perfume notes are:

Top: wild strawberry, black cherry, and French Kir Royal cocktail (a cocktail of black currant liqueur and white wine)

Middle: jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, and violet

Base: iris root, creamy sandalwood, and musk

The first thing I smell upon spraying is strawberry kool-aid. Or strawberry pop rocks. This scent to me remains pretty much throughout, but is most prominent on the opening. It is very sweet and fruity- more fruity than floral. Thankfully it's not a cloying, syrupy, headache-inducing sweet, which surprises me. It's a light, soda pop sweet.

I'm still waiting for the bottom notes to make their appearance. It does get creamier as time goes on, but never gets sexy or mature. Also, it doesn't last long at all. It fades pretty quickly, I'd say within an hour or two on me, but I can still catch slight whiffs of berries if I sniff really hard. I don't find any depth or mystery to this perfume. Just a light, sweet, fruity, girly scent.

This would be an ideal fragrance for a young teenager, I think. I wouldn't mind smelling it on a young girl, but I could never wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing smell. I love the fruity floralness of it. Even my mother-in-law likes it and commented on how nice it smelled. Not too sweet and not so fruity like Bath and Body Works, just a little more sophisticated. Smelled the magazine strip and also ordered it that day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by kayotic0

I just got this fragrance so im still trying it out, but its a beautiful sweet and fresh fragrance so far. I went into macys to buy dkny pure but was stopped by the lady to try bcbg and i fell in love. Its has citrus notes yet sweet and soft and fresh all that i love in a fragrance. Strong enough to last and be able to smell it through out the day yet soft enough to wear to work and school. Love it:)