October 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Gingerbread House bubble bar

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

This bubble bar is totally adorbs and smells amazing, but its tub powers didn't wow me so much. My muscles did seem relaxed afterward, but that's probably from the hot water, not so much the ginger in the bubble bar. It turns the tub a kind of desert-ground color, which isn't terrible but isn't beautiful either. The bubbles were average. I got two uses out of this because I'm cheap and didn't want to drop the whole thing in one bath. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I am in love with this bubble bar. The smell isn't anything special, like a lot of reviewers have mentioned, but it is the most moisturizing and bubbley bubble bar I've tried. I am a bit of a skint when it comes to bubble bars, and use one for about 4-5 baths. Some LUSH bubble bars don't hold up to my skinty ways, but gingerbread house definitely does.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love gingerbread (scent and taste!) but I didn't really like the smell of this bubble bar. It was more ginger than gingerbread. It did produce a lot of bubbles and I liked how you could get 2-3 uses out of it. It's also really cute! Overall I probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this for my bubble fanatic daughter at Christmas. I can't say it smells much like gingerbread or any other holiday smell. Mostly it just smells overpoweringly synthetic. I wasn't impressed. Also, a bar this big can last multiple baths, but it's very difficult to break up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

So this is my second favourite time of the year at Lush when all the wonderful Christmas range is released, Snow Fairy, Cinders, Glogg shower gel etc. all return. my favourite time of the Lush year is obviously when these items are reduced in the Christmas sales. This time a bubble bar called Gingerbread House caught my eye, what's not to love it not only produces bubbles but has that classic Christmassy ginger scent, and did I mention it looks like a little house with real rainbow sprinkles on it????

Appearance
This little oblong, orange/ ginger coloured house, is topped with a white 'icing like coating' smattered with rainbow sprinkles. Like last year the chimney was made out a cinammon stick, pretty cool, but the one I bought looked like it had a little sad piece of cinnamon bark for a chimney.
Let The Bubble Bar See The Bath
These bubble bars are really easy to use, just crumble into warm running water. The consistency of the Gingerbread House means it easily crumbles into the water, meaning no lumpy baths. I personally used the whole bar, but I reckon you could get at least two baths out of this bubble bar.

The colour of the bath itself is an orange/ red rust colour, not my favourite colour from Lush, however I'm not sure what other colour you could turn this bar to fit in with the theme. It is not the bubbliest bubble bar, but certainly satisfied my need for bubbles. This bubble bar does feel smoothing and moisturising without the lumps of cocoa butter that make hair removal in the bath impossible.
Another important note with Lush products is clean up after using this one is minimal, as long as you pick the cinnamon stick out.

What Makes Up The Scent?
The overall vibe I get is that homely gingerbread scent with an extra Christmas fruitiness. As a cautionary note this one smells way better in the bath than it does dry in the shop, so this is one you have to trust the Lush staff when they say it does smell really good!
* Ginger - This is literally the bread and butter of the fragrance. It is warm and spicy. Not only does it make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Ginger is known to help relax all those tense muscles, great after a long day of Christmas shopping.

* Lemon Oil - One of nature's great cleansers. The lemon does cut the ginger slightly, to give it an uplifting feel to the bubble bar.
* Buchu Oil - Made from an evergreen shrub native to South Africa, the aroma it gives is blackcurrant with a little bit of mint. Adding Christmas fruit and candy cane vibes to make this bubble bar uber-Christmassy in a very subtle way.

* Cinnamon Sticks - I didn't get much cinnamon from this one, but Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a little bit of cinnamon. Adding a different spice into the mix brings the bubble bar all together.
Overall this is one of my favourite scents Lush has ever produced, but I am a little biased, as I am a massive sucker for ginger scents in beauty products. However, if you like ginger, this is ginger with a bit of twist, done well.

How My Skin Felt After?
My skin felt lovely and soft, certainly hydrated. All these benefits without the very slippy bath that Lush often leaves me with. The scent lingered on my skin for hours afterwards a big plus.
Price and Availability
The Gingerbread House is available for only a limited time in Lush this Christmas time, so if you're a fan of these bubble bars head on down to Lush. They are 2.95 for one bubble bar and you may get two or three baths from one bubble bar. However, it is such a unique scent that I struggle to find elsewhere on the high street I believe it is worth splashing out on.

It is also available in the 14.95 Gingerbread House Tin along with other Christmas edition products.
As far as layering goes, sadly Lush doesn't seem to do a range which would layer well with this product. However Origins' ginger range particularly their body souffle would be fabulous with this.

Overall
This is a one of a kind scent, with a price tag that is a little steep, but I'm prepared to pay to get something a little different this Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite Christmas product and I look forward to it every year. It creates great, meringue type bubbles with just half a bar and the smell is just divine.

The smell is a traditional gingerbread type scent. Sweet and spicy at the same time. Not sickly, and it won't leave you smelling like a curry. The smells lasts on your skin for ages and mixes well with vanilla scented body lotions.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes foody type scents, or gingerbread cookies :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strangely enough I couldn't find this until after Christmas, but it was reduced to half price so I bought one. Like people have already said, it's doesn't smell like gingerbread, to me it smells more like fresh ginger with some other spices. It turned the water such a lovely golden-orange colour, and the whole bathroom smelled amazing. Even better, the scent remained on my skin afterwards! I only used half the bar, and got a reasonable amount of bubbles. I took one point off though because it didn't dissolve properly, and I had to break up the remainder so it didn't block the drain or sit in the bottom after the water had gone. I can't wait to buy more for next Christmas. They smell so good and look good enough to eat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

Bought a tonne of these in the Christmas sale to stock up because I absolutely love them. I don't know if I think it smells like gingerbread but it's definitely a warm spicey scent. i love to use it with cinders bath ballistic.... mmmm sooooo good! This is such a cute little bubblebar! I find that I can cut it up and get 3-4 uses out of it, it produces heaps of bubbles but I guess it depends on the size of your tub. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This looks so cute! The scent is nothing like gingerbread though imho but it is really good, I find the "roof" smells a bit different than the "house" part. I couldn't smell this in the bath at all but afterwards I could smell it on my skin. I think I made a mistake putting this in the bath when my bathtub was almost half full of water..I should have used this when I first started running the water, then it would have made more bubbles.. Now I felt my bath was lacking bubbles a bit :/ This didn't leave my skin very moisturized but it does smell good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by marooooo123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVED this bubble bar! It is so cute and well decorated, it's just simply gorgeous! It smells like real gingerbread and it really reminds me of Christmas time. It smells SO good! It makes TONS of bubbles and they last for a long time too! One of my favourite bubble bars ever! Definetely repurchasing :)