April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Brows - Lioele - Artist Auto Eyebrow Pencil in #3 Gray Black

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jsc0215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE best pencil I've ever used for my non-existent half brows. What? Half-brows? Yes. Half-brows. My brows have no tail/end... but that's another story for another time. If I can't go to my local H-Mart (~$8) to stock up on Asian goodies, I buy the Lioele Artist Autobrow Pencil for about $12 for a pair on eBay. Either pencil works well... can't tell the difference between the one found in-store vs the one on eBay. BUT I will say shipping takes a little over a month (I'm on the US east coast)..

As an Asian woman with God-given black eyebrows, grey HONESTLY looks the absolute best and most natural on me. I've many of shades of brown (different brands) and they all look decent (I have naturally light hair for an Asian (French ancestry)), but the grey color ALWAYS looks best. I've learned my mistake... I ONLY ever get grey or a taupe brown that leans grey.

Moreover, the Artist Autobrow formula is the most flattering and natural product I've tried. I have EXTREMELY oily skin during certain parts of the year and sometimes my oils expose my pores and my brows look painted on... I can get away with it for roughly 6-7 hours after applying. It doesn't look THAT bad, but by that point I let my hair down so the tails of my brows (my issue areas) are covered.

All in all, it's a great product at a great drug store price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brow pencil thingy, it's so easy to use since I'm a noob at makeup. It's hard to mess up your brows with this pencil and if you mess up, just blend with the spooly and voila, the mess up is gone. The color matches my black Asian hair perfectly and it looks natural. Definitely repurchasing :D My only con is that the cap for the spooly side will not stay on and I know that I didn't break it... I think it's just mine though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

I got this on ebay for something like 4? Definitely worth it !

I used to use brow powder because I thought using pencil would be unnatural.

Pros:

-Defined brows
-Very natural looking (for people with black eyebrows)
-Easy to use
-spooly works really well at blending and making brow look as natural as possible
-cute packaging

Cons:
- can't think of any!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this eyebrow pencil yet! I've had it for a few months and just to reiterate what everyone else has said, it's hard to find eyebrow products catered towards us Asians with black hair. My eyebrows are very full just EXTREMELY light so it's a constant struggle to find something to fill them in without my eyebrow hairs looking all crazy. This is my go to brow pencil - it gives just the right amount of tint and looks very natural. Overall, it's an average product, not phenomenal. I find that the pencil itself is actually quite thick which is useful when my eyebrows are full but when I get them done, I find it difficult to use this pencil. I wouldn't repurchase because Anastasia just released the Brow Wiz in Granite! Finally, they show grey brows some love! I've been loving that one a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Judging by the reviews already posted, I guess it's safe to say that finding appropriately colored eyebrow pencils for those of us with black hair is A STRUGGLE. Many browns appear too red, taupes too sandy, and well, black just too darn stark looking for some of us. Grey products have most certainly been my salvation ever since I discovered that they exsisted at all but just because some pencils are the correct shade doesn't mean that they are all created equally.
For starters, the consistency and color of this pencil are perfect. Lioele's Aritst Eyebrow Pencil in Gray Black is, well, gray! For people with black hair! They made it pretty easy on us with the shade name, huh? This pencil is pigmented while still being very natural looking and it's neither too hard nor too waxy. It's just right. As mentioned, the color is a nice shade of medium gray and is truly undetectable on my eyebrows at all. There are no weird undertones that peek out once the pencil is applied either and it wears all day without incident on me.
The pencil mechanism of Lioele's Artist Eyebrow Pencil reminds me a lot of the Hourglass Arch Brow and I'm genuinely thinking that these are truly a dupe for the uber expensive Cle De Peau La Beaute Enigmatique Eyebrow Pencils as well. Not only do the pencils' cases look exactly the same but the shades also appear to be very similar. That said, you can find this neat little pencil on eBay for around $7 dollars which is several times less than either of the aforemented pencils are. Sure, it takes a good while to ship from Korea but considering the price compared to other similar pencils and the rarity of the shade, I think it's a great deal.
The actual pencil is triangular or wedge shaped and is really excellent for getting a very soft fill across a wider area, particularly so for those with brows that are more sparse and carry less of an arch. For my own brows, which are quite thick and a bit more angular in shape, I prefer to use the pointed tip which on my pencil has become blunt and less effective over time. Don't get me wrong, I like this pencil a lot but for my particular brows, I can't help but think I prefer narrow tapered tips on my auto pencils more because they make it easier for me to mimic hair in spots where my own hairs are a little lacking. I guess it's worth mentioning also that I'm not the biggest fan of the spoolie attached to the end of this pencil. I'm glad that it's an actual spoolie versus a useless comb or something like that but the bristles are a little too soft and flextible for wrangling my wiley eyebrows.

That said, if you're in the market for a nice gray eyebrow pencil and don't mind the shipping time, I say go for it! It's about the same price as the NYX Charcoal Auto Eyebrow Pencil, which while the NYX pencil is perhaps more readily available, in my opinion it's just not as great quality as Lioele's. Will I repurchase or not? Hmm. I can't really say. I like this pencil quite a bit but I'm still on the hunt for an HG. I guess time and what my budget allows will tell!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by aimage

The colouring is the perfect match for natural asian hair, it matches PERFECTLY. It's hard to find something that isn't to red toned from dark brown pencils or something that is completely black and harsh. This pencil is the PERFECT colour i repeat PERFECT. I decided to get it after watching frmheadtotoe. I like the triangle pencil tip, it makes it so you can fill in your eyebrows in a big area but it also has the point of the triangle for thin hair like strokes. My only con is after using it for a while the tip isn't as sharp and it get rounded out but I think that is a problem with a lot of pencils. Overall it is a really go pencil and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by tmchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like the definition for "HG" differs in the cosmetics world and I myself don't use the term because I think that a person's preference will vary over time w/changes to their skin/age/look preference. HOWEVER, this might just be the product to warrant me to use HG for once.

MAIN POINT: If you have black brows and hair, don't want an overly bold defined brow, and refuse to spend forever "facing" (my shortcut term for doing my makeup), then this will be your HG too.

WHY: basically, I GET THE COLOR STRENGTH AND FEATHERNESS FOR A NATURAL BROW IN LIKE 10 SECONDS w/its triangle shaped slant tip. The gray/black is not too dark to make your brows look tattooed (but is buildable if you do want it dark), you don't end up w/a distinct outline, there's no color changing, and even on my oily skin it lasts all day (provided you don't try to rub it off). Plus, if you want to use the spoolie, it's not too soft nor flimsy but won't scratch you either.
FINAL THOUGHT: I've been switching products for brows...pencils, powder, multiple stepped products for the past 7 years since developing an allergy to my former product. My search is finally over until the dreaded day Lioele d/c's this product.

[*side note: to the reviews that experienced product changing or faulty packaging, have you considered the possibility of counterfeit? I've read that brands like Lioele, Missha, etc have their share of fakes which is why I don't buy from ebay. Just a thought just because I've had mine for over a year and haven't had those experiences.]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by tiatea

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is about. I am Asian, my hair is not completely black. My hair is kinda dark brown and my natural eyebrow color is light black. However, I shave the endings of my eyebrows because the shape goes down, and use an eyebrow pencil to draw the eyebrows the shape I want and to fill in the beginning parts which I do not shave. I ordered 2 of these pencils because of the good reviews here.

However, it looks very fake and unnatural on me because I have dark brown hair and very light black color in it only (I do not color my hair - it is my natural color and I am 100% Asian). My skin is NC 20-25. Pretty fair smooth Asian skin. I have always used MAC's "Lingering" eyebrow pencil and bought this because all Asians claimed it looks so natural and good on Asian eyebrows. I must be the exception then. I stick to my MAC's "Lingering" which does not have reddish color in it! It is kind of brown/grey/light black and looks natural on my face and goes well with my hair color.

For those of you who have hair like mine, I recommend MAC's "Lingering" instead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by phanct862

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eye brow pencil!!! I was about to buy the Hourglass arch sculpting pencil which would've set me back $30+, but I luckily remembered that my favorite youtube guru (frmheadtotoe) uses a similar brow pencil for her eyebrows. I purchased this from Amazon.com for only $10.60, s&h included. I use this fill in my brows and the gray black is perfect for asian coloring... my brows look full and so natural! This is my HG brow pencil and I am confident that I will be repurchasing this when the time comes. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Dieuthuy

Best eyebrow pencil I've ever have! I have black hair so it was really difficult to find some black eyebrow pencil that would not be so black (asians know what I'm talking about) and to create my eyebrows not to look ridiculously..this pencil just has done it! The colour is perfect..really grey black! I bought it from ebay for 7$ i think..so it was super cheap! Just love it!