China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara

on 6/13/2013 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wowza - the glitter in Lorelei's Tiara is just insane. there is so much silver glitter here that the polish is opaque in two coats, and the lighter spattering of the blue glitter particles are evenly distributed, every single time. It looks like my nails have been wrapped in foil - I can't stop staring at my hands whenever I wear it.

Despite the heavy amounts of glitter this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Being a glitter bomb it does take a little bit more effort to remove, but it seems easier then my other glitter-heavy polishes.

Even without using a top coat this polish will last me around two/three days with only minimal wear; but I am tough on my hands and regularly bang & catch my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

This is one of the most interesting polishes I've seen in a long while. I picked it up from eBay since I'm a late convert to the ChG brand. This is kind of like a glitter polish for people who don't normally wear glitter polishes. It's userfriendly, there's no issues with glitter distributing weird, and it's pretty opaque in two coats. I love the larger, blue glitter, it gives it a contemporary, statement kind of vibe. It lasted about 6-7 days with no major chips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This glitter is insane. The polish is opaque and you only need about two coats, if that. The blue glitter distributes well within the pewter glitter, giving it a more dimensional look. I definitely would recommend this to someone who loves glitter polish.

on 5/19/2012 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I found this polish on the sale rack at Sally's. The cost was $1.99 as opposed to the usual $6.00. The SA was surprised to see that I got the polish off the sale rack and said I found a real deal! This is a sheer glitter polish. I decided to brush one coat over OPI Not Like The Movies from the Katy Perry Collection. Looks great! I would try this as a top coat over other polishes, too. I imagine you would have to apply 3-4 coats to get some color for use on its own. The base is a pewter silver super frost minute glitter with blue chunk glitter. I would layer a top coat over this so that the finish is smooth.

on 3/5/2012 1:50:00 PM

Love it! Covers well, great for glitter gradient.

on 2/23/2012 5:42:00 PM

I absolutely love this np!
I love glitter nail polishes, but find it hard to use on a day to day basis because they are normally too flashy. This one is just right with it's pale silver and blue.

The silver in this np is fine, but the blue glitter in this is bigger, but they still come out fairly smooth. One coat gives you a slightly grainy feel, two coats give you a little more gritty feel. But still, it's fairly smooth when it comes to a glitter pack nail polish such as this.

For the first time I wore this, I put on a pearly white nail polish first, then put on ONE coat. It gave me just enough glitter for a elegant yet subtle shine!

The second time, I loaded it one with two coats and got a gorgeous glamorous shine.

You can't go wrong with this one, and with the proper base coat, removing it was not as difficult as you would think.

on 2/19/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What an amazing glitter!! There are no words for the amount of sparkle in this polish. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. And unlike most glitters, you only need 1-2 coats for full coverage.

Getting it off is a pain, even with the foil method, but touch ups are a lot easier so its easy to stretch out a manicure with this polish.

on 12/25/2011 7:20:00 PM

An absolute stunner. Just one coat makes my fingers and toes sparkly with silvery shimmery and larger sprinkles of eye-catching blue. The staying power is fantastic. I love it.

on 12/4/2011 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hands down my favourite glitter polish! It's opaque in two coats and glistens in the light. I usually only like to put glitter on my ring finger as an accent nail because glitter is so hard to take off but I think this one is worth the trouble to put on all my nails. I've never seen a nail polish sparkle like this. Just like a diamond tiara! It's a great holiday and winter glitter polish. I never buy backups and I might buy a backup of this one!

on 11/22/2011 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot say enough good things about this polish. It it so wholly stunning that it renders me nearly speechless. I'm fortunate to work at a Sally's, so I get to see all the colors before they're even in the computer/on the shelves! Here are the details:

This is from the upcoming Eye Candy collection, which are 3-D glitters with Marilyn Monroe inspired names. This Gentlemen Prefer Blondes inspired polish is a gorgeous silver glitter with blue accent pieces--tiny, fine grains of silver glitter in an almost-but-not-quite clear polish form the base, while the cerulean blue and larger flecks of glitter sit atop, creating the 3-D look. This polish would be a GREAT layering polish, but it's also impeccable all on it's own, for the glitter fiends like me! I would say it takes 2 coats to reach opacity, though you might find yourself opting for 3 for more dynamic layering.

As far as formula goes? It's a dream! I mentioned before that I work at Sally's and am constantly using & abusing my hands--it is impossible for me to keep a polish on for more than a day or two without chipping, but with a simple topcoat, this has lasted for days! Plus, because of the 3-D quality, fixing chips when they do arise is easy as can be! I do wish this were more jelly-based (like Skyscraper from the Metro collection--be still my heart!), but the color and quality far make up for the texture.

Now, as far as price goes: these are more expensive than regular CG colors. At Sally's specifically, they usually run $5.99, but these actually start at $6.99, and drop based on your discount card accordingly, so I did rate them as a bit more expensive than your average China Glaze.

The packaging is your standard China Glaze, though there are a few special ones that have a shiny silver top, so keep your eye out!

Would I buy again? Heck, I've already got two bottles on hold for when the collection is released, but I might just go for a third! I put up kind of an awkward crop of my 5 day old polish (please don't unfairly judge the chips because I'm a slob!) but I'll fix up a new, better lit picture soon! In the picture, I have two coats on my pinky/ring finger, one coat on my bird finger, and the Finger Paints holiday top coat on all three, which gives it kind of a pinkish/opal tinge.

Trust me when I say, this polish is AMAZING and truly a MUST HAVE for anyone who loves glitter!

P.S.: for more fun (again, I'm a glitter fiend. Sue me.), consider layering with a shimmer topcoat, like Northern Lights (it's really fine glitter gives it extra shine, without overpowering the beauty of this polish) or another glitter polish of your choice!

Popular Polishes