MAC Cosmo Lipstick

4.3

This is one color that I do not like its an orangey pinky brown just ugly and I find that a tube of the amplified cremes last all of a month with regular use they arent worth the 16.00 and most of the colors in this range can be found in other brands for cheaper I won't repurchase any of them again ill stick to mac's mattes.

on 2/25/2015 8:34:00 AM

this lipstick is bae.

it's my go-to shade tbh because, as quite a few other reviews have said, it is mlbb but even slightly richer than that, which i really like.

i don't like feeling like i'm wearing heaps of make up on a day to day basis so this is really great after i've applied a bb or something sheer. perfect for the everyday.

pros:
super duper natural looking but even better
creamy to apply
makes you feel snazzy
i have super pale skin and i think it makes my lips just pop hell yeah

cons:
definitely will not last very long if you're eating/drinking but that is to be expected with a lipstick i guess
pricey, but i think it's worth it

on 2/10/2015 2:22:00 PM

As a medium skinned person with yellow undertones, I have always found it difficult to find the perfect muted pink. Cosmo is the perfect nude pink for brown skinned ladies. It has brown undertones but is definitely more pinky than browny. I personally am not a fan of the amplified texture just because I like a more matte/satin finish but I just dab a bit of translucent powder on top. This helps it to stay on all day long and stop it from transferring. I have worn Cosmo to a party without the translucent powder and found that it faded away quite nicely - it didn't leave that annoying lip line, or gunk up in the corners of my mouth and it left a nice, natural, bitten kind of stain. Another bonus is that, like all MAC lipsticks, it has that lovely vanillary smell. Would I go for this again? Probably not because Mehr is practically the same colour and is a matte finish which is what I personally prefer. Price wise, I'm not fussed especially because I rarely ever find a suitable nude pink that flatters my skin tone from the drugstore.

on 2/9/2015 10:02:00 AM

Ah, another MLBB lipstick that's juuuuust different enough to warrant adding to my collection. (It's very similar to my NARS Audacious in Anita, just more peachy -- so if you have that one it's probably not a must-have.)

I've been on a *H U G E* MAC lippie kick lately. I've acquired like...10 in the past 6 months (seriously, someone stop me). Cosmo is an Amplified: it reads peachy nude with a touch of brown on my winter-cool/light olive complexion. I find that Amplifieds tend to be more difficult to apply than the other MAC finishes -- they're lovely and opaque, but can smear around a bit and emphasize flakies, plus the wear isn't as long. That being said, I really enjoy Cosmo, it's a beautiful color that can look amazing with many different looks. In the summer (when I'm more warm-toned) I plan to really go for it with bronzer/peachy blush and a more smoky eye. I wish this was in the Satin formula, haha. :)

Nice texture and very intense colour pigment but has a little too much of the coral shade for my pale complexion

on 1/8/2015 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this lipstick my favorite everyday lipstick, i wear it with all my simple everday makeup looks, it has a hint of beige, pink, and the right amount of brown

Im MacNC 30

on 7/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

I randomly chose this color as my free lipstick after recycling 6 containers of mac products. I knew I was looking for a nude, but hate the washed out light lips type of colors. Who knew this would end up being my most used and favorite of all my lipsticks?!
It's a brown with a hint of pink. It's light, but it does not make your lips disappear. It's one of those your lips but better colors! Texture is so nice and although it doesn't last super long, it's so easy to apply, almost like a Chapstick.
For reference I am an NC35 skin with yellow under tones.

on 6/13/2014 11:37:00 PM

This officially my favourite MAC everyday shade. It's my lips but better (MLBB). It's pink with hints of brown. On my NC25-30 skin tone it's the perfect 'neutral- I'm not trying too hard colour'. The formula is slightly dryer than what I prefer, so I have to use a very moisturizing lip balm underneath this lipstick to ensure my lips doesn't look like they're cracking. I think this colour is very versatile and can look good on everyone. A must have in you MAC lipstick collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just bought this and I absolutely love this! looks natural and perfect for everyday

on 2/9/2014 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great MLBB color that's a bit on the brownish side. Flattering on fair yellowish skintone.

Popular Lipsticks