November 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Pot O' Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Great wear and utterly smudge-free! Super smooth, yellow-toned neutral that does not scream taxi cab yellow, but has a bit more gold than a champagne. Not too shimmery, not too deep. It looks like My Lids But Better. When you hear "gold", you think metallic. This is more of a deep yellow beige in color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I LOVE Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows, and Pot O' Gold is a great shade. It's a true gold that isn't too yellow or too brassy. I find gold shadows can be quite difficult to pull off because so many of them have such harsh yellow undertones. But Pot O' Gold is perfect!
The Creaseless Cream Shadows are very pigmented and are super easy to apply. I usually use my finger as brushes can pick up too much product or make the shadow go on splotchy. I lightly swirl my finger into the product, pat and blend onto my lid, and lightly sweep the excess up to my browbone. I wear this shade alone with nothing else like this all the time and it's gorgeous. Like the previous reviewer said, when blended this turns into a light, champagney gold that brightens up your eyes as well as your face. I throw this on with some mascara and foundation when I'm feeling lazy and it really looks like I put some effort into getting ready, when in reality it only took about 5 minutes.
This shadow doesn't crease or smudge, so I never have to worry about reapplying it or touching it up throughout the day. That's the reason I will always shell out $19 for these, because cheaper alternatives I have found definitely do not hold up like Benefit's do.
This is also a great base for a metallic look. Metallic purples, browns, blacks, greens, all look great over this shadow. I don't use Creaseless Cream Shadows as bases too often because I just prefer them alone, but they do make shadows more vibrant and they really add to whatever look you do.
This shade is a Sephora Exclusive, so I definitely recommend heading over there and picking up a pot of this! I think it would flatter most skintones and it's great to have in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is everything I had hoped Tattle Tale would be. First, it is a much more of a true gold when swatched. But on my eyelids it blends into a champagne gold. If I apply stronger, it would come off more yellow gold, gold...that is the glory of these Creaseless Creams. There seem to be two textures with these Creaseless Creams. You have the drier formulas like Tattle Tale (usually the more frosty, glittery shades) and the ones that just don't seem to dry up and stay smooth and silky like Birthday Suit (soft shimmer, not OTT). Pot O' Gold falls into the Birthday Suit category. Where Birthday Suit is a sheer taupey champagne, Pot O' Gold is a sheer gold champagne color. Honestly, on my NW20 skin with pinkish toned eye lids, this just melts into my skin. It is almost undetectable if applied lightly, but takes all the pink/purple (allergy shiners) out of my lid. This plus the gold factor makes my brown eyes just glow. Applied softly, it is the perfect no makeup look, look. This is also way less frosty (Tattle Tale was a pretty color in theory, but ended up being too frosty, too pale and too dry) and much more champagne like (like Birthday Suit). There were a few other exclusive colors there when I looked. Bottom line, this is right up there with the smooth awesomeness of Birthday Suit and Samba-dy Loves Me. FYI - There was a brassy color (Get Brassy maybe?), my much darker MIL picked out that looked a lot like MAC Bronze, but cream. There was also a pretty purple called Purple Haze I think.