September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Lipstick - rms beauty - Lip2Cheek - Rapture

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I uploaded two pictures of me wearing this, one in low light and one in regular light. I was wearing it on one cheek in the low light, but I only applied only one thin layer. So it's a little hard to see.

I finally got to experience Rapture! I have eyed this shade for a while. It is a serious earthy red. A brown red, not a true red. In fact, it looks more brown/bronze than red. I was a little disappointed because I was expecting a red. I heard they're discontinuing this shade, but I hope that's not true. Will look great with all skin and hair colors. I would definitely consider buying this again.

It is a mature color that can be worn to work with a nice neutral brown eye. It's not the eye-catching kind of bright red, but a deeper, browner, more sophisticated one. Like with all Lip2Cheeks, I have to layer my Pangea balm underneath or over. I tried the RMS cocoa lip balm to moisturize beforehand, but it didn't cut it. These things are drying, and RMS' lip balms are not moisturizing enough. I love this more as a cheek than lip product, but I will use it as both.

When I layer my Pangea balm on top, it takes away some of the color, and I really like that look. It is a neutral everyday kind of brown pink if you apply with that method.

Pros: eco, chic packaging, little goes a long way, versatile color, lip and cheek product
Cons: price, drying formula, coconut oil (con for acne-prone skin as a blusher)

Ingredients: coconut oil, castor seed oil, beeswax, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, cocoa seed butter, argan kernel oil, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, propolis extract, centella asiatica extract, rosemary extract, coloring

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Some of the RMS products (I am looking at you, Un-Cover Up) bash my "this is a freaking rip-off" buttons really hard, but not this one. It is quite expensive, but it's one of those rare, huge-bang-for-your-buck situations. Here's why:

1) The tiniest bit goes a very long way. I usually apply it with my clean pinky or ring finger, and just the smallest tap of color on the end of my finger will give me perfectly flushed lips and cheeks. It will last you ages and ages and ages.
2) Versatility of application. The above sheer/finger method is easy and produces good results, but try: clean, exfoliated lips with a tiny bit of balm+brush application. It still doesn't take much product, and you get a beautiful, soft-textured red lip that feels great.
3) Holy cats, the color. I'm a red lipstick fiend, and I do not have another red that duplicates this. It's a very sophisticated, warm red with a lot of depth. Almost a dried-blood color, but somehow not vampy. Sort of a magic color, in my opinion.

The tiny pot packaging is sturdy and luxe but unfussy, which I like. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

For me being a mom of a little 7month old, i rarely do full on makeup anymore unless it's date night or a special occasion. Soooo, i needed something i could throw on everyday to re-place my chemical laden tube of red (red everyday all day :) lipstick that i ghetto-lly used as a blush too. In comes Rapture!! It is the PERFECT product for me and my needs. It's a beautiful deep brick red shade that is super flattering against my skintone. The texture is great imo, since it's a bit matte. I dab a little on the lips and spread a pinch on my cheeks..a high tight bun and my look is instantly pulled together chic. Packaging is super cute, great ingredients, multi-purpose, price sucks. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by diabia4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Looking for a deep red organic lip color was definitely more of a odyssey than I bargained for. RMS's rapture is the best that I've found: a pure brick red.
a. A Little Goes a Long Way: The hue is rich and the cream is highly pigmented. I cannot stress enough how little of this product you use. The lightest touch will give a healthy rosy lip, which you can then build up to a much darker tone easily, without using hardly any product at all.
b. Consistency: RMS always gets an A+ in this category for me. Creamy and blends amazingly: melts into the skin. Moisturizing. No feathering of pigment into lines of lips. No bleeding.
c. Color: I tried samples of all the Lip2Cheek and this one was by far the most versatile (all of the other hues were decidedly Day tones). This brick-red was perfect for me because it has more warmer undertones: (I cannot wear anything with a blue or violet undertone).

Cons:
-Packaging. Like any practical modern woman, I need this in a stick for on-the go application. Having to wait until I find a place to wash my hands until I re-apply lipcolor is a pain.
-Lasting power: I don't mind reapplying every 2-3 hours or so, but I know some women will.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by astiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I must say that I hate lipsticks or any lipstains just because they tend to make me look like a clown and old, and it's so hard to find a red-brown lipstick that REALLY matches my skin. Then, I heard raves about this product and decided to see it for myself. It might feel drying, but the colour is super super perfect and this is the first time ever that I feel so happy about a lipstick, well in this case.. a lip colour. Because it feels drying, I usually put on some clear lip balm prior to using or after (whichever you prefer) to moisturise it, or alternatively, rms beauty also has a lip shine which adds that healthy shiny look to you lips it makes your lips so sexy and healthy. I don't put it on my cheeks though because it doesn't look like a 'natural' pink-ish blush that I want, but if you want a more night-time look with strong red blush, this can be used if you wish. Although it's more towards the expensive size ($36 eeepp) it's so worth it, a little goes along the way, I have used it for a month and I haven't even made a good dent on it. Try it out!