November 20, 2014 | 1808 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by pnkct

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really love this product, it leaves a great finish. The only problem I could say is that at the end of the day it gets a little cakey. But other than that it really brightens the under eye area and has a nice applicator too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by catherineenos

I have been searching for a concealer that ACTUALLY covers dark circles for a very long time! In addition, I have very fair skin, so since I have dark circles, they look VERY dark! I had seen many reviews of this product, so I decided to try it out for myself. I was very impressed with this product, even though it wasn't FULL coverage, it did a pretty good job! The packing was ok, I dab the product under my eyes and then use my concealer brush to spread it out. I will probably repurchase this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have already repurchased this product. I have the brightening one for under eye circles and it works wonders! My only reason for four lippies is that sometimes I have to build it up a little to get enough coverage. This concealer is not very thick but definitely not too thin. I really like the sponge tip applicator because its super easy on that delicate eye area, and also helps to blend (less finger use). I will repurchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is nothing to rave about. I do not have dark heavy under eye circles like some of the other reviewers below. I bought this to highlight my under eyes because I really like the look. I find this product makes my skin look dry when I apply it over foundation, so if you have dry skin, this may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the Eraser concealer, this, too, left a rather noticeable cast under my eyes despite the amount of powder I patted on top of it. However, I have to say, the scent is rather fun and pleasant - almost smells like chocolate. Too bad it didn't conceal the way I wanted it to. I think I'll stick with my Maybelline Fit Me concealer instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kidrauh1

Love this! Great for under eyes and dark spots. Gone through a bottle and would continue buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a nice blendable formula but it honestly didn't do much for dark circles or under eye puffiness. The coverage is somewhat medium which may be why I was frustrated. The Dark Spot related product is much better for concealment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by staysee321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff!

But, the only caviet I have is that I will only use this concelaer in the "brightening/illuminating" shade. I use this for under my eyes on top of foundation to get rid of dark circles and brighten up the under eye area. I tried the "neutralizing" tone before because I was unable to find the brightening shade and did not like it for correcting circles.

I find it is easy to apply and gives an instant brightening effect. I also sometimes feel a "tingly" sensation on my under eye area when it is applied which I have actually taken a liking to because to me, it means the acai berry and brightening properties are taking effect.
I've tried tons of other high-end concealers including Mac Pro Long wear, and I find this one is miles ahead. I always seem to be coming back to this one.
It works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I had first got this, my impressions were:
#1: This offers no coverage.
#2: This doesn't blend at all.
#3: Cakes and creases me up like a dried up fish.
#4: Doesn't last at all, in fact, never has with the minimal coverage.

Honestly, I don't know if it's the product's "thing" to take a while to really set into the perfect concealer, because when I first got this, the consistency was too fluid and felt sticky within my fingertips, but as I stored it for about another three months before using again, it had left a completely different impression.

My mistakes, now reflecting back in which I would have corrected in hindsight when I was urgent for a concealer, were that I applied too much. I'm so prone to using too much of unfamiliar products, thinking that the product will be able to build highly and not only that, I did have poor lighting, which I still do (so I skip the hassling and go in front of my windows).

Now that I've used it for a while, I can accumulate the true functions of this concealer:
#1: Gives moderate coverage with a slightly matte powdered finish.
(covers all my under eye darkness, veins, and nose)
#2: Blends nicely.
(like said above, I used WAY too much)
#3: Minimal product is BEST.
#4: Lasts all day (10 hours) when powdered over top.
(Lioele's Sebum Catcher Pact is a good powder)
#5: Reapplications are not the most IDEAL.
(creases instantly after the second patting, but touching up on powder is fine)
#6: EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT.

The packaging is honestly really cute and I like it. Skinny in its plastic form, it feels nice and secure in my fist like a pencil and I can easily draw circles around my eyes, nose, and if I feel like it, sharpen my eyebrows.
Others may scowl at the lacking sponge, but it feels refreshing around my face and yes, as unsanitary as it may be, I'm always washing my face prior to makeup application, so I don't image it to be THAT bad.
(Instant Lazy People Problem Fixed!)

#7: Using a shade darker, I image, would be convenient for natural contouring.
#8: Amazingly versatile, each shade in the range.

Colour I have is in "Light" and it's perfect for me. Originally, I had thought "Light Medium" would be best, but when I looked at the concealer through the clear acrylic, I had the mind for "Fair" but they only had one which was opened and tested through vigorously. With this, I had no choice but to choose "Light" which matches me and another face, close to 30 Beige in Chanel's range of Vitalumiere Aqua, stretching far and wide.

As for anything else, like the application, the claims of this product, and the "rubbing off clothes", I don't really have much of an answer for.
My hands flutter to my face occasionally, and never to my eyes or sides of my nose where my concealer is and even if I do, I do it very cautiously, knowing makeup is on my face, so I wouldn't say this rubs off when making contact with skin.

Personally, I love it.
It's cheap. It's claims are true. It works.

THIS WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR:
* drier eyes.
* hereditary dark circles.
* those with pink complexions.
* if you're looking for an "amazing" product.

Hoped this helped :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ulittlebeauty

I love love love this concealer! I use it for highlighting and it does it so well, but when I've had some spots where I highlight it has covered them perfectly just like my other concealers do! I have absolutely no complaints and I will always make sure I have this concealer in my makeup bag