November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Luminous Matte Pressed Neutralizer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have several yellow toned powders including Cliniques Redness Solutions, this is better. I like YBF's yellow loose powder, but again, this is better and cheaper. I also like the loose yellow this brand makes, but this version is also better in my opinion. It is matte yet as promised, also somehow luminous sans any glitter, nor shimmer. the finish is lovely, not chalky at all. I have and will re-purchase. I find yellow powders not only good for redness, but they tone down too deep bronzers and blushes as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Luminous Pressed Powder Neutralizer is a yellow compact powder that can be used to neutralize redness, or, as in my case, be used as a finishing/touch-up powder. I'm always looking for sheer yellow powders because they work best for keeping the warmth in my skin without adding any extra color or tones. It's fabulous for controlling breakthrough oil, but it's not drying. Yellow powder help even-out my skin tone, and it sets foundation without noticeably changing its color. I've used Ben Nye Banana powder for years, but this powder blows the Ben Nye one out of the water. Sally Hansen Luminous Matte Neutralizer goes on silky soft, without any cakiness or chalky finish. There's no shimmer or shine, it just smooths my skin tone and looks amazingly velvety - even around and beneath my eyes. It doesn't look "yellow" but it seems to add that longed for candlelight glow. I've always wanted to try the famous T. LeClerc Banane, but I've never been able to rationalize paying $50.00 + tax for it, because, ingredients-wise, it doesn't seem to deserve to cost so much. After using Sally Hansen Neutralizer, I doubt I'll ever feel the need to try T. LeClerc Banane (what a relief!) Sally Hansen's powder is around $12.00, and it has relatively gentle ingredients.
Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauryl PCA, Lauroyl Lysine, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Sucrose (Sugar), Nylon 12, Potassium Sorbate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed OiI (Safflower), Bamboo (Bambusa Arundinaceae) Powder, Tetrasodium EDTA, Punica Granatum Extract, Carica Papaya (Papya) Fruit Extract (Papaya), May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No