April 24, 2014 | 1850 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Pomegranate Sunflower Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo. I used Aveda's Rosemary Mint Shampoo for years and years. And YEARS! I think all those years I was using it for the scent. There was nothing great going on with my hair. Then one day I went to buy it and the price jumped. I had to ask myself, "Is this worth the cost?" My hairstylist recommended trying products for color-treated hair, because of my fine hair that gets greasy and stringy she said they are gentle products that won't over-strip your hair. I tried other Nature's Gate shampoos and hated them, but this one said "No Sulfates." I realized I am allergic to sulfates, so yay!

I am rambling, but basically this shampoo cleans hair and does not dry out your hair. My hair is shiny, healthy, and I can go a really long time between trims if I want. The scent isn't my favorite, but it is okay, it is light and you won't continue to smell it in your hair.

To me, a shampoo is supposed to clean off dirt, oil, products, and create a good canvas to start over each day. This does all that, naturally, and at a drugstore price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by chickoy

I was looking for a shampoo without the harmful chemicals and the SA recommended this one which she said is also good for color treated hair. The first time I tried it my hair didn't have that volume. I thought I've put a lot of conditioner so I tried using it alone the second time. Using the shampoo alone my hair became flat and oily. I might just use this once or twice a week just to be able to finish the whole bottle but I'm never gonna buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Organic shampoo? I was curious about it hearing about all the harmful chemicals like SLS which leads to cancer. This really smelly good, but it doesnt lather & gets foamy, so I need to squeeze more a lot more shampoo than what is needed for normal shampoos to get my whole head clean. This makes my hair scalp oily, do not like it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by fwoo

This SUCKED. I recently started using organic shampoos because I looked up Pantene (I've used this more than 7 years!) and yeah... I started feeling itchy and i thought it might be because of the ingredients in pantene. But turns out natures gate isn.t all that natural either, not only that but I didn't realize til I finished it that it was making my scalp dry and itchy. I only found out after using Pantene again...but it didn't take away all the dryness, I cured my scalp problem with head and shoulders but still, I'm so mad....natures gate made my hair oily faster too and my hair could last for 3days before like(when I went cAmping with family) without even looking dirty. Just saying. Stay away from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by marylevesque

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Grabbed this from my shampoo storage (read impulse buys) and used for the first time today. I really like it. Cleaned my post root-colored hair very well and made my preconditioned hair tangle free. Nice scent, too. A cheap pick up at Ross. Worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is a great shampoo!
Pros: smells great, smell lingers in hair after it is washed, lathers great with no sulfates, all natural, large bottle.
Cons: bottle looks dull and boring, expensive! I bought this at my local health foods store and spent way to much on an average shampoo.
I would purchase again for the scent alone!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo; I got it on clearance at Target, otherwise I may not have purchased it. It doesn't lather as much as normal shampoos, but that's expected since its sulfate free.
What I like about it is that it gives a little bit of volume to my fine hair.
I do miss the smell of herbal essences and all that, but I figure the less chemicals in my daily routine, the better!

Update- almost done with the bottle, and it dried out my hair a lot. MUST be used with a conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It cleans, it foams, it smells good., it has no sulfates and its cheap. Shampoo is hard to rate because they all pretty much do the same. What makes this different? Nothing. All shampoos pretty make your hair like straw in the shower...that's why they make conditioners. Unless your doing Wen or CO washing or some other alternative cleaning system. I have never come across a shampoo on any spectrum that just really sucked or made me go...OMG this is GREAT! My life is changed forever!
It's just hair soap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because it was one of the more reasonably priced natural shampoos available at Target. It lathers well, gets my clean, and rinses easily. But it leaves my fine hair terribly tangled. I don't know how well it "protects color-enhanced hair from fading" as claimed on the bottle, since I don't color my hair. Overall, I'm looking forward to finishing off the bottle so I don't have to use it anymore.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Extract, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Jojoba Seed Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Red Tea Leaf Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Horsetail Leaf Extract, Marshmallow Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Extract, Pansy Extract, Milk Thistle Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Oat Kernel Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Sesquicaprylate, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. continued >>