Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Glass Slipper

4.3

on 2/21/2015 12:47:00 PM

I got this as a gift and I really love it as a grown up glitter overlay to both dark and light colors. It has a pretty flaked appearance rather that a gritty one.

on 2/12/2015 6:35:00 AM

I bought this polish to wear as a top coat, particularly as an accent-nail glitter for my black and other very dark polishes. I didn't want an iridescent glitter that has any special effects, or large chunks of glitter with varied shapes. I wanted something classic, shimmery and elegant. This definitely tics all boxes. The polishes in the SH bridal line are all very beautiful. I wear this one on naked nails most of the time, with a shiny top coat, which gives it a gorgeous, shimmering, wet glass look. This is "big girl glitter". It could be quite office appropriate, but mostly, it is classically glamorous and sexy-- subtly summoning attention, deserving of a second glance.

on 1/6/2014 7:17:00 PM

A beautiful iridescent flakie top coat. It looks pretty over just about any color, and really cool when sandwiched between layers of jelly polish! To me it's like stained glass. Absolutely gorgeous!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Looks like iridecent shards of glass, looks great over a white polish for a snow effect (:

on 11/2/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Glass slipper is a translucide nail pôlish with silver glitters in it. It goes well on the application,it brings a luminosity to the nails! goes well on any nail polish,to bring a new dimension to the nails! Love it!

on 9/13/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviewer below who said that polish looks like small shards of crushed, mirrored glass. It does NOT show the nail color underneath through the flakes, so in that aspect, it's not like Essie Shine of the Times which seems to change colors depending on which polish it's layered over. (The flakes in Essie SotT are more luminescent and pearly, so there's that difference as well.) Overall, this is a great way to spice up any nail polish color without resorting to layers upon layers of glitter.

I will take off a lippie because the flakes aren't THAT dense, so it takes a layer or two to get a noticeable amount on your nails. On the bright side, the drying time even for a thick layer is quite fast, which is a plus. I bought this polish thinking that it'd be a good dupe for Essie SotT; it's unfortunately not, but it's still not a BAD polish. It's easy to use, easy to find in most drug stores, and fairly cheap (~$6).

My fav glitter polish. was looking for a glitter polish with different size glitters and this was it. this could easily glam up any nails. love it<3

on 3/11/2012 11:05:00 PM

This is a very pretty silver/glass-shaded flakie. It's a nice change from the colorful/color changing flakies that are out there these days! I especially love wearing it under a matte top coat, it looks super cool!

on 12/31/2011 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Glass Slipper is a gorgeous polish to layer with others or even on its own. It's slightly iridescent silver flakies packed in a clear base. It's truly gorgeous layered over dark cremes or with jellies. Whenever I wear it, I get compliments. A bit of a negative mark on the formula, though. The brush and bottle are amazing, don't get me wrong. But the formula in my bottle is really watery! I find that I just have to take a bit of extra time to make sure I'm not using too much and the flakie goodness is going where I need it to go. Also took a bit of time to dry for me Found this for pretty cheap at Walgreens! Wonky formula aside, it's a gorgeous polish!

on 11/20/2011 11:01:00 AM

This is a beautiful and very unique polish! It is a clear polish with densely-packed silver-white "flakies" (irregularly-sized bits of glitter/particles/whatnot). The effect on your nails is that of tons of little glass shards glittering in the sunlight -- the name "Glass Slipper" really is apt!

I haven't seen any other polish quite like this one. It's beautiful by itself or layered.

Popular Polishes