L'Oreal Le Gloss -Really Rosť #156

4.7

on 6/19/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lip color for me is Mission Impossible--my lips are too dry for lipstick, or at least the ones I've tried, and lip glosses often are so sticky and syrupy I can't stand to apply them, or they are too glossy or shimmery, either of which looks silly on me. Balms are hit and miss, as most have lots of beeswax, which my dermatologist tells me is drying in itself. She recommends only vaseline, but where's the fun in that? Paula from Paula's Choice tells us that many glosses are full of irritants like peppermint (but she's never pointed me to anything particularly great in the lip arena). So to me, this area is a minefield, and if you venture past the drugstore, it's an expensive minefield. A powder is a powder, and most mascaras are at least okay, but you can't tell anything about a lip product until you actually put it on your lips, and I'm not doing that with testers. Which brings up my only issue with some D/S glosses--please seal your packages! I see you, lady, furtively opening up and trying on all the L'Oreal glosses at CVS! Yuck! That's why I've avoided L'Oreal lip products, but there was a 40% off sale, and a few appeared to be untouched, so I took a chance.

So, Le Gloss in Really Rose. This is a completely shimmer-less product in a squeeze tube with an angled tip. It has the consistency of vaseline with color, so I find it needs to be blotted a little, but that works for me as it takes down the shine to the right level. What I like about it is the color, which is a beautiful enhanced lip color, and the feel, which is so, so gentle and soft. It is not irritating at all, and just has a mild vanilla taste. Lasting power is about what you'd expect with such a thin formula, but it does leave a little even stain behind to hold you over. The tube is nice and small, so you can carry it with you easily, though I think a mirror is required for touchups. A nice, simple gloss and well priced, even at full price.

on 11/6/2013 11:49:00 AM

I am not a gloss fan in general: sticky, dreaded white goopy corners of the mouth, poor pigmentation. This gloss defies all of these things! It is an almost perfect dupe of the Nars lip gloss in Dolce Vita, with a little less pigmentation. On my NC30 light tan Asian pigmented lips, it is soft, a rich warm pink with just a touch of the natural lip still peeking through. It is also smooth not sticky; it is still tacky, like my hair still sticks in it, lol, but not like a MAC lipglass. Somewhere between a Revlon Lip Butter and MAC Creamsheen lip gloss in texture. Lasts like a typical gloss, one hour period. No time at all if you eat or drink. But so easy to toss in a purse and reapply! This is a DS buy I am very happy with. Will try other colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was looking for yet another "your lips but better" shade because I'm terribly addicted to rosy nude lip glosses. L'Oreal Le Gloss Really Rose is the perfect shade for my MAC NC 50 skin, giving my lips pop and shine, y'all. The formulation - attractively packaged in a long, slender tube - wears well, lasting about 5 hours before needing a reapplication. It smells great and tastes okay too. I snagged several shades from this line on sale and I would definitely buy them again!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been eyeing these glosses for a while, and decided to pick one up when my local walmart had them on sale. I got "Really Rose." I don't really gravitate towards sparkly glosses so this one was perfect. The smell is pleasant, and the packaging is quite nice. I always kind of see L'Oreal as the more high end looking of the DS brands. The color is nice, not too sheer not to opaque. Not sticky at all. I paid under 6$ for it also. A+

I have three of these. I love all three. I have a lot of glosses that while dark in the tube don't show up on my lips... I don't have a problem with these at all. This is a really pretty rose color. Makes my lips shiny and supple. Not sticky. Love!

on 11/25/2011 7:40:00 PM

Not sticky, and a great dark rose color. I like it for special occasions. It smells sooooo good! Like sugar frosting! The writing on the packaging wears off quickly though.

on 11/20/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

After falling in love with NARS lip gloss in La Dolce Vita, I was determined to find a cheaper dupe. This is it! Not only I can not tell the difference in color, but it is also incredibly moisturizing (it has argan oil, vitamin E and omega 3s), and smells great too (for those who are finicky, it fades quickly). It lasts a little less than NARS, but for the price, I will not complain. This product has even replaced my lip balms! This is department store quality at a price we can afford! :)

Recommended for Medium Skin