rogaine for men foam

3.6

on 2/10/2015 9:06:00 PM

I started using the 2% liquid twice a day a couple of months and got really itchy almost broken skin, painful scalp. Read the the foam won't cause this so i switched to the 5% foam once a day. The shedding never stopped for me after using rogaine for a total of 6 months. What was worse was extreme dry skin on my face and my eyes were super dry and very painful. My scalp was still itchy and scaly but not as bad as the liquid. I researched and read that rogaine can cause dry skin, but nothing about eye dryness was mentioned. However a lot of people online report the same issues with their eyes. Anyhow i stopped using it after 6 months and it has been the worst experience with all the side effects and no regrowth or shedding reduction. I got some facial hair though! Yippie,,,,!

on 1/28/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am on day 3 of using Rogaine Foam for Women (the new 5% formula - not the old weaker 2% one). Same as men but prettier "female" packaging.

Can not comment yet on efficacy as it takes 3-6 MONTHS of daily usage (I apply at night as directed) to see if it works.

Here's hoping!

on 7/4/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I noticed my hair line was starting to thin this past winter. I'm only 27, but I have a thyroid condition and tend to lose my hair quite a bit. My derm recommended 5000 mg's of Biotin and Rogaine foam for men, not women. It's takes dedicated use, but after using the three month pack I can see a difference. My hairline is thicker and I can't see my scalp as much and I know it works because I see little baby hairs sprouting where they weren't before. I also love the foam because it dries so fast and there's no drip unlike the liquid. It can be pricey, so I always use my 25% CVS coupons or 20% Ulta coupons. It takes patience but use the three pack dedicatedly and see what you get.

on 11/27/2013 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I guess after 5-6 months of using this I can write a review. I started out with the 5% Men's liquid, then moved onto the foam. I much prefer the foam in terms of ease of applying, and cosmeticability. The foam doesn't make my thinning hair look much worse like the liquid does which is greasy, and the foam has some thickening effect.

BUT it hasn't worked for me very sadly. I am continuing to thin at a fast rate (37yo, this all started for me just over a year ago and I have lost so much hair and volume), the shedding is still much more than normal and I am only getting minimal regrowth at my temples. I can't say that the Rogaine has had any effect at all on shedding for me, and only minimal effect with regrowing. Obviously my hair can't keep up with losing so much continually.

I am not sure when to stop using this and give up. I am also taking finasteride (Propecia). Think I will carry on for a few more months (if I still have any hair left!). How I wish it could have helped as there is nothing else out there.

on 10/29/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the 2% minoxidil equate brand for women & have gone thru my 3 month supply. I have alopecia & spotty bald spots along with a thinning crown. My first week of using this product I thought I was allergic to it. I was actually using it incorrectly, using 2 dropper fulls 2xs a day instead of 1 twice a day. Overuse causes scalp sensitivity. Definately repurchasing it, my most recent alopecia spot has regrowth & I've notice my part having regrowth.

on 8/9/2012 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use Walmart's Equate Hair Regrowth Treatment liquid, which is their Rogaine equivalent. The big drug store chains also sell their generics. After years of thin hair, it has regrown and I am very happy. My stylist can see the difference, too.

As the label says, allow 3 months for results. That was accurate. After 6 months, my hair looks wonderful. I started on 2%, but my dermatologist said to switch to 5% because I am post-menopausal. Consult your doctor before using the 5% if you are menstruating.

I like the liquid formulation with the dropper. The trick is to lift my hair and apply it just to the scalp and roots, then wait a few seconds until it dries. It is alcohol-based so it dries fast. You need to wait four hours before shampooing, to give it a chance to work.

on 11/19/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I started using Rogaine Foam for Men, 5% minoxidil after the 2% formula for women didn't work, and the liquid form made my scalp itch. This works very well for me. I had thinning on the top of my head at the crown. I'm only 43, so it was quite distressing. In a matter of months, my hair started to fill in and thicken up. I now almost can't notice any thinning. I tried all the 'natural' treatments (including pre-natal and "hair growth" vitamins), and they were all useless. None of them helped to start the regrowth process. Only Rogaine worked for me. The label says women should not use the 5%--but that warning is only based on the very slight risk that the 5% concentration could (but quite likely won't) increase UNWANTED hair growth on the face. I have been using it for 4 months now, and noticed no unwanted hair growth. Many hair growth forums for women recommend this product, too. BTW, the foam is NOT available in generic, so this is a bit on the spendy side. Also, the instructions say that once you stop using it, your hair thinning problems will return. I would recommend this. edit: one thing i would like to add--because maybe it's not obvious-- this WILL help stop your hair from falling out. i have so many fewer strands in my brush and all over my bathroom. it's quite remarkable. UPDATE: good news! i just saw a generic version of this at walmart. their brand "equate" lists the same ingredients as rogaine foam. price is about 1/3rd less expensive. i plan to start using this version when i run out of my name brand stuff.