July 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Powder - Luminess Air - Air Powder Stick

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is basically a powder brush with the product inside the handle. I admit I am sometimes too lazy or am carrying too-small a purse for the whole compact & powder setup. I bought this item for touch-ups and so far, so good. I have seen (& you have too) similar items on the market--I used to have one from BE. Sephora also has something very similar ($24, although shorter, squatter, and larger diameter)--whereas the Luminess Air stick is longer, more slender, and retails for $32. This has a clear barrel, so you can see what & how much you have inside, and nice brush head (for the sake of compactness, however, the head is noticeably smaller), plus a cover that slides up over the bristles so that you don't splay them out when re-capping. The ferrule end of this brush unscrews so that you can refill it. At the end opposite the brush head is a button which you press which "puffs" the powder into the brush bristles. I really like this since I feel like it saves me room in my bag, plus it is quick & easy to use. The only complaint I have with this item, and it is a minor one, is the scent of the powder within. Wow it smells TERRIBLE. I mean, like, toxic, like melted plastic or something. It would be hard for me to overstate how horrible this powder smells. For me, it was miles worse than the sickly sweet violet smell of Guerlain's Meteorites. However, that is minor for me. Upon smelling the powder, I immediately dumped it out (carefully, since I didn't want my husband or cats breathing this stuff in). At least, LA offers up three shade choices too--Clear, Beige & Ivory. I have been using Ben Nye (neutral set) for years, so I went with the Clear. I got this at the Neiman Marcus website, it retails for $32, and I got free shipping too. If I had to, I would totally repurchase this item!