December 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

It's difficult for me to find lighter shades of powder in yellow-based, yet natural looking shades (with the exception of MAC, which has some good options). When I saw this for the first time, I immediately purchased it without even trying it on my skin or anything. Luckily, it was perfect! I use this in the shade #21 Linen (a light beige, with yellow undertones) and for reference I have warm, yellow undertones and wear an NC20 in MAC (or in other brands: Tarte Amazonian Clay In Light-Medium Sand, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, Revlon ColorStay in #180 Sand Beige, Missha Perfect Cover in #2, NARS The Radiant Cream foundation in Fiji). The powder has an SPF25/PA++ with titanium dioxide 0.54%, and octinoxate 5.99% - but I wouldn't recommend relying on this as your sole SPF product (otherwise you'd have to cake this on thick and all over your face - not good).

The compact is nice, easy to travel with and has a mirror and sponge included (which I don't use and recommend tossing or only using for touch-ups) and magnetic closure. It feels like silk on skin, very fine and soft. The coverage is light to medium and I usually use this after dabbing some concealer under my eyes when I don't want to wear liquid foundations or BB creams. I use a large, fluffy powder brush - but of course you can use a sponge or buffing brush for more coverage. The finish is natural, matte but not dry or dull-looking. I love that it doesn't dry out my skin or look cakey either. Because it is so smooth and velvety, I'm able to use this even under my eyes to blur under eye circles, or to set concealers and any cover up any redness around my nose. It keeps my skin matte and flawless for around 5 hours before I have to touch up/blot my t-zone due to some oiliness. On my cheeks and drier areas the powder lasts through an entire work day for me and adheres well to skin with or without primer - although I prefer not to use primers and just an SPF cream or antioxidant serum works best for me.

Cons: No refills available in US, Cda (packaging states refills are available everywhere except the Americas). Why is that?! I wish refills were available, because I hate tossing the compact each time when buying a new one. Also, the price is up there for the amount ($49 for 10g/0.35oz) but it's Dior so not a surprise.

Repurchase/Recommend? Yes, although the shades are somewhat limited (I think only 10 shades when I bought this) if you can find a match, it's a great powder. I will/do repurchase but may end up switching to Shiseido (*if* it works just as well on my skin) at some point due to the refill issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I have skin that can be difficult, overly oily in certain areas and dry in others. It didnt get that way until I was over 30. This powder did not sit well, I felt it looked cakey if you tried to build it. I used with and without a primer and I'd get the same result. I ended up trying and returning a few others. If you have rather difficult skin like me I'd suggest the MUFE Pro Finish pressed powder- they have a ton of colors and it wears perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After another epic search for a powder foundation, I settled on Dior's Fusion Compact. The Cameo 022 proved the best color match for my cool, medium-fair skin. This foundation is more suitable for those with normal to slightly dry skin and provides light coverage that evens out the skin tone. It applies smoothly without becoming heavy or caked. No oxidation so far. I prefer using cream blush over this foundation since I have mature, dry skin.

Packaging is Dior elegant. Powder is housed in a quality compact with a velvet pouch. Also purchased Dior's Hydra Light Lotion SPF 15 to apply underneath the foundation for hydration, slip and additional SPF, but I returned it since I prefer a true moisturizer.

I use this as an everyday foundation and feel this is better quality powder foundation than Lancome's Dual Phase, Laura Mercier, Armani, or the liquid Clarins Everlasting SPF 15 (all these foundations did not perform well on my mature skin based on the samples worn).

As an alternate to Dior Fusion Compact, if you have yellow or beige undertones, give Shiseido Smoothing Powder Foundation a try. It "was" my HG (but no color match), and hands down the best out there at $32.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aye caramba, I should know better than to make an impulse buy without consulting MUA first.

I picked this up because I was feeling the need for some retail therapy. Big mistake. I broke out overnight after using this compact foundation for the first time. To be fair, the color match was perfecto on me and the reason I pulled the trigger.

Once I got it home I realized the finish was meh at best and needed several layers to build to medium coverage. Upon rising the morning after my first wear I spotted clogs. I was a bit concerned but decided to try it again just to make certain it was the product. Today I woke up with 3 pimples all in non-break out areas.

Back to Sephora it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I used this foundation in shade 030 Medium Beige. I have normal skin type. I apply this foundation with the sponge for medium coverage that I like. I think that it's a good foundation for me, but not my favorite still good though. I think everyone can't very say it good for themselves and it will be good foundation for others. Everyone have different skin type and different sensitivities. Your skin will decided for you. I prefer powder over liquid. I have try a lot of brands. I still love Shiseido sheer matifying compact foundation and clarins everlast compact foundation. The reason that I give a 4 stars due to I wish it have more yellow tone. I think that Dior make more neutral and cool tone. It match me close enough but lack of yellow tone. This is still a good powder. Update: 01-19-2014 , One of my close friend have use this powder in 020 Light Beige for 2 years now and love it she never used other powder at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summary: I purchased this on a whim and am very pleased with this product. The finish is very natural, and though this is a pressed powder the coverage is very good in comparison to many other pressed powders. I use this during the summer over concealer when it gets insanely hot where I live and liquid foundation is not an option. I love the packaging, it looks so nice and the velvet pouch that it comes in is mediocre (in comparison to Chanel and Burberry). My one complaint is not about the formula but the closure on the packaging. Though the packaging is very beautiful, it has a magnetic closure which in my opinion is inferior to snap closures because it seems though it could come lose more easily (though if you keep it in the velvet pouch while on the go it should be okay).

Pros: good coverage, nice packaging, comes with a velvet pouch, convenient to travel with

Cons: wish it didn't have a magnetic closure, misleading packaging (though this shouldn't matter because many Dior products are not refillable, the way the packaging is designed it appears to be refillable)

Overall Verdict: I will repurchase this! This product is a must have for me in the summer. I am so pleasantly surprised with the coverage it gives despite being a powder compact.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyismyfavy

I thought that this product was of good quality but it made my nose look very dry and made my nose look like it had dry patches. Also, my Clinique bronzer wouldn't go on at all. I have no idea why.. perhaps the powder is resistant to the Clinique bronzer? Maybe it's because the Dior foundation is so matte that it wouldn't allow the powder bronzer to settle in. Also, the powder foundation didn't last as long as I thought it would have, compared to it's price point. I hit pan on it, in less than a month. OTHER than that, it's an amazing product. It's definitely a lot better than MAC foundations (which makes you look either cakey or oily around the T-zone - I felt.) Also, I felt that this foundation was better than the Chanel Aqualumiere liquid foundation, which made my nose very oily, just after 3 hours (Maybe because it was a liquid foundation though.). Chanel VS Dior, just letting you guys know.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I know this is a very long review, but I hope it will help you to understand if this powder is something that will fit you or if this is a product you would only waste your money on.

I rushed a little bit into this buy as I reeeeally wanted to get a new powder foundation, so I went into the store, looked at Kanebo Cellular performance foundation (more finely milled than Total Finish), Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat de Chanel Compact (has gotten good reviews), YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder (has received good reviews), Laura Mercier Powder Foundation and Diorskin Forever and Nude. And for some reason I stopped on THE powder of all of these with the worst ratings... I don't think this is a bad powder foundation, but I do agree that it will NOT fit most people.

I don't have much I need to cover - just a little bit of pinkiness and hyperpigmentation, and even out my skin tone to match my neck. The SA applied this on me with a very big fluffy brush. After the SA applied it my skin looked beautiful, and I ended up just buying it, without wearing it around and thinking for at least a week (this IS an expensive product that shouldn't be bought without thinking first). It may in part be that the powder products I've till now tried from Dior have been so good. About 5 minutes into the wear of this my skin started to feel a little tight. I had already walked out of the store and began to regret the purchase thinking that this powder is probably for much oilier skin than mine. However, about 3 minutes later my skin no longer felt tight. The same happens to me always when applying this: first it feels a little tight, but the sensation goes away quickly.

I have light - NC15, very yellow toned skin and got this in 20, which is a little bit too dark (it goes a little orange, meaning it's too dark) - I would recommend this to people with skin tone NC20, maybe. I must warn you: if your skin isn't VERY yellow toned, you may have to pass on this one - there is quite a high probability it will be orange, because after this oxidizes it becomes even a little more yellow-toned than it initially is. This is quite confusing as the powder looks quite neutral in the pan. When something turns more orange-toned, it tends to look better on yellow than pink skin tones.

I have read some of the other less positive reviews about this and want to make some comments about them:
- this doesn't become orange on me if the colour isn't too dark. I have a very yellow undertone and dry skin - things oxidize much worse on oily skin. Another reason this doesn't oxidize on me is because I use so little of it.
- it doesn't dry my skin out. I moisturize very well and my skin isn't flaky. When it comes to flakiness, my experience is that all of the powders and most of the liquid foundations I have actually emphasizes flakes (and I have owned about 35 liquid, 7 cream and 7 powder foundations. Only the Skin79 - very siliconey foundation made flakes look less flaky)
- it does definitely NOT cake or sit in my pores. I apply lightly with a fluffy brush, and I have small pores. Even when my face sweats a little with this, it doesn't cake up. I can even apply this several times in the day without caking. BUT: I do agree that this WILL cake if you don't apply it lightly
- some people complain about the coverage, but I don't have problems with the coverage since I barely need any. Apply on dry skin - else it will cake and separate. This can be done by blotting the face with a paper tissue right before application.

PROS:
- I apply it in a thin layer and it looks VERY natural - you would probably not realize I have makeup on even if you looked at my face up close
- the colour matches my very yellow skin well
- it keeps the oils that come during the day very much easier to keep at bay - my skin is on the dry side though. You can see my skin get slightly oily, but I can even blot it away with the back of my hand if I need to
- it doesn't make my pores show up better/doesn't circle my pores
- it holds up well during the day and doesn't cake, but as said: I don't need much coverage, so I apply this pretty sparingly and a little less coverage during the day wouldn't make much difference to me

CONS:
- expensive
- a little bit of tight feeling after application (that goes away on me very fast + I have gotten used to it)
- it's a little heavy-feeling, even with a thin layer I can actually feel that there's something on my face. It's not bad on most of my face, but I definitely feel this powder on the area between my upper lip and nose
- it WILL oxidize (depending on how oily your skin is and how much you apply)
- this is not a con for me, but the coverage of this is light, and I don't think you can actually build it up to be a medium without it being heavy and caking up. Personally, I would never use a sponge to apply this powder to my face, but it may be the only way of actually getting medium coverage out of this, but again: it will not look good
- the colour selection is, obviously, bad because it seems to fit only one type of skin tone perfectly + oxidizes
- I have sensitive skin that seems to react a little to this. May it be the sodium alginate?
- Would not use it as a powder for summer as I feel a little hot under it even when the temperatures aren't high
- not for oily skin

Who would like this:
- yellow undertone
- small pores
- normal skin type
- not flaky skin
- needs just a little coverage (light, light medium)
- not sensitive skin
- not for very warm seasons
- doesn't have tendency to sweat or get oily much during the day
- wants long-lasting, natural looking makeup
- cannot say how this would work for older skin
People with skin like that tend to be able to wear almost anything, and the only reason they don't is because some things aren't long-lasting or wrong colour or not finely enough milled. Is this the best powder? Not for me. Is it worth it? Well, that Y

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I'm guessing the new version of this is called the Flawless Perfection.

I have dry skin if that makes a difference, I'm seeing that most people who didn't like it or complain that it oxidizes have oily skin. A lot of make up oxidizes on oily skin. I'm just sayin'.

I used this over my Diorskin Nude liquid foundation. This powder was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it isn't the best for me. I have come to realize that I need to stick with mineral make up. But that is just because of my skin type.

The color I chose was perfect for my complexion (in Dior it is 20). But it was just a little bit cakey like others have mentioned. I tried applying it with every kind of brush or sponge that I could find, and it still looked like a little too much make up for me. I don't like to look made up. Even my husband commented on it and he never notices stuff like that.

In the end I returned it to Sephora. For the price I couldn't justify keeping it since I wasn't in love with it or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after having a losing battle with drugstore powder foundations-- they almost all break me out (or just suck). The Nordstrom Dior makeup counter recommended it to me and I bought it without checking MUA first... big mistake. I saw the good reviews for the old version on here after purchasing and was excited about using it; however, no matter how I applied the product to my face (sponge, brush, with different moisturizers and sunscreens) it ended up looking disgusting after only a few hours. Any amount of dryness in my combination/oily skin was magnified and the only way to fix it was to take off all my makeup and start over. Definite ick and this will be returned ASAP.

PROS:
Color match was great for my very fair, neutral skin tone; didn't break me out

CONS:
Made dry patches very noticeable; gathered in pores; looked like a clay mask on top of my skin.

Do not buy this...seriously.