Lakme Rose Powder

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Sterate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium hydroxide, Steric Acid, Perfume, Rosa Damascena Extract; may contain CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI12085, CI77891; Phenoxy Ethanol, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben

on 6/2/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The pros - This powder is gorgeous and an instant brightener for the face. It does not look cakey or ashy even if applied liberally with the puff. And the color somehow adjusts and just makes the face glow. It smells gorgeous, packaging is good (its a loose powder, it is going to be messy). It does not dry out my very dry skin.

The only con - I have super sensitive skin and I just cannot use this without breaking out. As of now, I can only use it for special occasions.

on 11/19/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Nearly every Indian "Auntieji" I know has a compact of this rose powder and many apply it much too heavily, making their skin look too cakey and pink. But I heard some good reviews of this at blogs, etc and decided maybe I should finally try it. It is a very thick loose powder and the packaging is quite messy and awkward, there are only a few holes for the powder to come out and the included puff is quite low quality and not good. As for the powder itself, I still don't understand the pink tint, especially as the vast majority of Indian women have yellow/tawny undertones. However if applied very lightly, the pink doesn't show up too much and instead does brighten the skin a bit. It mattifies well and smooths the skin but I must stress that you need to apply it very very lightly. But like any loose powder, it's hard to blend and apply evenly and it doesn't have great staying powder, it wears off unevenly too. All in all, while this powder isn't terrible, it's too pink for me and too difficult to get right. I won't be repurchasing this and I don't think I'll use mine up for a long time.