December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Rose Jam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoever made this must have never smelled the other Rose Jam products-Rose Jam shower gel is warm, soothing and bright. The first spray of this is obnoxious, bitter and very much an old, artificial "Rose" scent. It's so disappointing. Wait 45 minutes and it mellows into a scent that resembles Rose Jam, and becomes quite pleasant. My boyfriend gifted me this for Christmas, knowing how much I love the shower gel. For that reason, I really want to to use it- I just make sure I apply a little bit well before I start my day, and try to not breathe in too deeply until it settles down. Such a shame!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of LUSH perfumes, and also enjoy many floral scents. So I was a little disappointed in the promising Rose Jam. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, as I've never sniffed the shower gel. But in all the LUSH scents I've ever tried, I'd place Rose Jam somewhere in the middle.

As the previous review mentions, I get a weird burnt chemical smell along with the rosey sweetness. It's only in the drydown when I can really enjoy this scent, when the burnt smell dissipates and I'm left with a softened sweet honey rose.

For a rose LUSH perfume, I prefer Imogen Rose in the regular lineup. It's less sweet, more powdery, and no weird chemical undertones. Plus, it can be purchased all-year round and sampled in-store or online!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Augh! I so wanted to like this as I am obsessed with the shower gel and the argan oil versions of this. Sadly this smells nothing like either to my nose. There was just something very...strange about the perfume. It had a strange bitter, chemically note mixed with the rose/sugary sweetness to it that was beyond off putting. Sadly the dry down was no better. It was just as strange and chemically as the initial spritz and a lot of the sweetness was lost as well. Not to mention the packaging looked so cheap, regular square perfume bottle with a LUSH sticker slapped on it. Blah.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MonicaTerese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite shower gel. I can't help but use it every time I take a shower(which I probably shouldn't be doing since its limited edition). Rose is one of my favorite smells/flavors and it smells just like the rose jam I get from my local farmers market. It does smell like fresh roses and a little bit of honey so if you're not a fan of either smells I would not recommend this. It lathers good enough, and you don't need too much to get clean. It is a bit pricy, but If you love the strong smell of fresh cut roses and don't mind paying the extra money, then you will more than likely like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this, such a sweet, rosey perfumey sort of smell! Would buy again and definately recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Not a fan of the scent, something was just off about it. Roses mixed with a sweetness that I just wasn't a fan of. Not as many bubbles as I would expect considering the price of these things. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by clockmilk3

I'm a huge fan of rose scents and have sampled versions from everyone from L'Occitane to L'artisan Perfumeur. In the end I was happiest with Lush's Rose Jam because it strikes that balance between being fresh and juicy yet stops just before it gets too sweet. Not powdery, not overripe, fun, doesn't take itself too seriously yet is obviously made with high quality ingredients. The "rose jam" name is completely accurate as I get a ton of strawberry jamminess.

Like all Lush fragrances, I wish the 1oz bottles would be a little nicer (e.g. tighter seal, more permanent labeling) but it's nice to know that the cost doesn't come from fancy packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by dinahad

Rose Jam doesn't work for me. You have to be a FULL ON rose lover to appreciate this one....It's very potent, mostly rose, a touch of green....not my thing. I do get the honeyed / jammy notes but they are way in the background and the green / herbal aspect overpowers the jammy goodness. It is powerful as all getout so once you've sprayed it, expect it to hang around on your skin for quite some time!

I had hoped it would have the honeyed rose goodness of Parfumerie Generale's (sp?) Brulure de Rose, but alas, the PG is far superior to Lush's Rose Jam

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No