Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser

Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glyceryl Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Glycolic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Floral Fragrance.

on 9/24/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hopes for Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser were high, because the ingredient list looked decent. I have very oily skin for reference. This cleanser managed to strip it so badly that my moisture barrier was damaged. The aftermath was a face full of red, raw skin. I'm surprised it was able to do so considering it does not lather well, and the consistency is of a watery gel.

I'm throwing this one into my bin of "do-not-love" products.

I'd only recommend this if you have iron tough skin and an endless supply of grease. If it was able to dry out my pizza face within days - I can't imagine what it'd do to someone with dry skin. Eek. .

on 4/24/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Definitely helps with exfoliating away dark marks. I have developed cystic acne over the past two years - I had totally clear skin up until that point - and this has helped somewhat to keep the breakouts away. I think they reformulated though (I remember it having a blue bottle and being a thicker consistency a couple years ago) and it isn't quite as effective. I used to experience a little bit of irritation from it and now it seems milder, but also doesn't work as well. I still use it because it's better than anything else I've tried, and I like that this brand is for the most part all natural.

on 11/21/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I purchased this product after reading about the benefits of glycolic acid to reduce and fade hyperpigmentation from acne scarring. I decided to go with this product as it seems to have fewer toxic ingredients. The first time I used the product I experienced some irritation. To the touch my faced looked like I had a heat rash but it was not visibly noticeable. Along with the change in skin texture I experienced a mild burning sensation. As a result, I discontinued using the product. I continued to use my other Derma-e cleanser and I noticed that two days later my skin look so much brighter and even. I thought, maybe it wasn't a reaction but rather the exfoliating effects of the glycolic acid. Needless to say, I slowly reintroduced the product to my skin care routine by using it once a week then twice a week, etc. I have experienced amazing results from using this product to include brighter, more even skin tone, reduced pores, and fewer acne breakouts. When I do have a pimple, this seems to stop it in it's tracks. I will continue to purchase this product when I finish the bottle.

on 7/11/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product since I have aging, acne prone/oily skin. This, like the acne cleanser in this line, did not work for me. It made me red and itchy. I don't know what it is about this line, but it just didn't work for me.

I would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

Try Nelson's pure and clear cleanser, it works great and doesn't cause irritation.

I used to really like this foaming cleanser but I've had to ditch it as my skin has become very sensitive to - amongst other things - most retinol and glycolic products and this has both. It's a shame as I really like it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Was buying expensive glycolic cleansers to deal with KP, but found this on amazon and the price was reasonable so decided to try it out. Very pleased with the product-- works as well, if not better, than pricier alternatives. I'm using it for both for face and body-- half a pump's worth for face, and 1-2 pumps for body loofah. Leaves skin very soft, especially when combined with a rich moisturizer. I'll definitely be sticking with this stuff for awhile!

on 10/11/2013 6:45:00 PM

I finished the bottle but won't repurchase because I didn't see any benefits. It does remove my face makeup but for my eye makeup I have to use something else because this one burns my eyes and my face started getting drier. It was just ok...

on 9/17/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is amazing. I am 40 years old. Suffer from hormonal acne due to my IUD. Noticed a difference within the first use. Acne cysts went down and faded. I also used with the companion toner.

on 7/23/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product. i had run out of my old cleanser, which i usually get at ulta (the only place around that carries it), but it's a 30 min drive and i didn't want to waste money to drive out and pick it up.

my bed bath and beyond has a skincare/haircare section and i picked this up on a whim for less than $10 plus a handy 20% off coupon. this cleanser foams up nicely, and i need less than half a pump to get a good amount for my face. since using this, any breakouts that i do get, turn into small whiteheads and disappear in a few days. any new dark marks from breakouts seem to vanish much quicker, and older ones are lightening much faster. it leaves my skin nice and smooth (with the aid of an exfoliator in the mornings), and not tight or dry feeling at all.

the only thing that bugs me is the scent. there's something about it that reminds me of whatever cleaning solution they use in public bathrooms. it's not an overly strong smell though, so once i rinse off, it's gone.

overall, i think this is a great cleanser. gets my makeup off at night, and revives my skin in the morning. i think it will last quite a long time since i use less than a pump for each wash (i wish i could see how much was left, so i took one lippie off for packaging.) great product, and makes me want to try out other items in the line, especially the glycolic scrub.

on 7/8/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser to wash my face in the evenings. It is excellent at removing my makeup and not leaving me feeling dry. I also feel like it helps with my acne. I had used it a while back and then switched to something else only to return back to this cleanser.