December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Derma E - Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after reading about the benefits of glycolic acid to reduce and fade hyperpigmentation from acne scarring. I decided to go with this product as it seems to have fewer toxic ingredients. The first time I used the product I experienced some irritation. To the touch my faced looked like I had a heat rash but it was not visibly noticeable. Along with the change in skin texture I experienced a mild burning sensation. As a result, I discontinued using the product. I continued to use my other Derma-e cleanser and I noticed that two days later my skin look so much brighter and even. I thought, maybe it wasn't a reaction but rather the exfoliating effects of the glycolic acid. Needless to say, I slowly reintroduced the product to my skin care routine by using it once a week then twice a week, etc. I have experienced amazing results from using this product to include brighter, more even skin tone, reduced pores, and fewer acne breakouts. When I do have a pimple, this seems to stop it in it's tracks. I will continue to purchase this product when I finish the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly1

I really wanted to love this product since I have aging, acne prone/oily skin. This, like the acne cleanser in this line, did not work for me. It made me red and itchy. I don't know what it is about this line, but it just didn't work for me.

I would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

Try Nelson's pure and clear cleanser, it works great and doesn't cause irritation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I used to really like this foaming cleanser but I've had to ditch it as my skin has become very sensitive to - amongst other things - most retinol and glycolic products and this has both. It's a shame as I really like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by coffeeandinternets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was buying expensive glycolic cleansers to deal with KP, but found this on amazon and the price was reasonable so decided to try it out. Very pleased with the product-- works as well, if not better, than pricier alternatives. I'm using it for both for face and body-- half a pump's worth for face, and 1-2 pumps for body loofah. Leaves skin very soft, especially when combined with a rich moisturizer. I'll definitely be sticking with this stuff for awhile!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I finished the bottle but won't repurchase because I didn't see any benefits. It does remove my face makeup but for my eye makeup I have to use something else because this one burns my eyes and my face started getting drier. It was just ok...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Flysy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing. I am 40 years old. Suffer from hormonal acne due to my IUD. Noticed a difference within the first use. Acne cysts went down and faded. I also used with the companion toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by missannster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this product. i had run out of my old cleanser, which i usually get at ulta (the only place around that carries it), but it's a 30 min drive and i didn't want to waste money to drive out and pick it up.

my bed bath and beyond has a skincare/haircare section and i picked this up on a whim for less than $10 plus a handy 20% off coupon. this cleanser foams up nicely, and i need less than half a pump to get a good amount for my face. since using this, any breakouts that i do get, turn into small whiteheads and disappear in a few days. any new dark marks from breakouts seem to vanish much quicker, and older ones are lightening much faster. it leaves my skin nice and smooth (with the aid of an exfoliator in the mornings), and not tight or dry feeling at all.

the only thing that bugs me is the scent. there's something about it that reminds me of whatever cleaning solution they use in public bathrooms. it's not an overly strong smell though, so once i rinse off, it's gone.

overall, i think this is a great cleanser. gets my makeup off at night, and revives my skin in the morning. i think it will last quite a long time since i use less than a pump for each wash (i wish i could see how much was left, so i took one lippie off for packaging.) great product, and makes me want to try out other items in the line, especially the glycolic scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser to wash my face in the evenings. It is excellent at removing my makeup and not leaving me feeling dry. I also feel like it helps with my acne. I had used it a while back and then switched to something else only to return back to this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 29 years old and have been dealing with acne since I was 13. After so many years of searching high and low for a cleanser that actually does what it claims, I have finally found 'the one'!

This is my hg facial cleanser and treats my oily skin well. The scent is floral but not heavily perfumed (I'm sensitive to harsh scents). It's very light and I love it. The consistency is a gel and thick, and a little goes a long ways.
I enjoy wearing makeup so at night, my routine is to use a makeup removing cloth to get the majority of the makeup off. Then I will use a gentle re-usable exfoliating facial sponge and add a nickel sized amount, massage my face for at least 2 minutes and then let this sit on my face for at least a few extra minutes and then rinse.
This cleanser has drastically improved the clarity of my skin, has helped balance the oiliness, and has lessen the acne. My face never feels overly dried. Just clean and perfect after use.

Price Rating-1
I purchased my first bottle ($13) in December 2012 and still have a 1/4 of the bottle left with using once a day. I'm going on my 5th month...the price is justified!

Packaging Quality Rating-3
It could be better. This product has a thick, gel like consistency which would probably be easier to pump out vs. squeeze out.
(I believe the new packages are blue with pumps!)

Overall Rating-5
I will be purchasing this product again indefinitely! Even if the price shot up to $20, I would buy it again because it works so well and last a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so I have been a member on here since I was about 15 years old. I have posted maybe 5 posts. As well, I have struggled and i mean STRUGGLED with cystic acne since the same age. I have tried EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING! This cleanser is simply incredible. Seriously please try this! You have nothing to lose. It makes my skin feel like silk, smells amazing, removes my make up and best of all...NO BREAK OUTS! I literally have not had a single pimple since the first day i have used this. Try it!!