September 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - meteorites pearly white light perfecting base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I shouldn't be opting to repurchase this as its so expensive but I do quite like it and using a light to medium coverage foundation at the most, you do benefit from the healthy sheen/ glow this primer imparts underneath. I only use this on my cheeks and forehead and find the smallest amount goes a long way.

Make-up glides over this primer effortlessly as it has a very light consistency and a fast absorbing formula. Iv'e had mine for eons and it seems to be lasting well. On good well behaved skin I think you could easily use this on its own to get a pretty glow, as its definately not sparkly when dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by JePet

I got it two months ago and although I am using it on daily basis it is only just starting to show usage in the bottle. Packaging is beautiful (very Guerlain) but I am not too happy with it. It does give the pearly shine to your skin but apart from that it does not do much - at least not for me. I think it makes my skin more oily although it is not suppose to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying and loving the meteorites perles, I was intrigued by Guerlain's line of meteorites primers. After asking around a bit, I had a few people recommend getting the pearly white version, which is an Asia exclusive as it has more shimmer than the original and gold D'or versions.

I am surprised at how much I love it. It comes in a gorgeous glass bottle with a clear liquid and white pearls. When you pump the product, the pearls get crushed and mix in with the clear liquid. It creates a beautiful shimmery sheen.

I personally wear pretty sheer-light foundations (MUFE F&B, Burberry sheer foundation) and I find I use 50% less foundation with this primer, as the primer itself acts almost as a sheer foundation/TM does, improving the clarity of my skin. By itself, my skin looks glowy (but not overly shimmery, the effect is subtle). If I'm in a hurry, I'll just wear the primer by itself, and my skin still looks radiant and clear. With a light foundation on top, the glowy effect definitely still shows through, although I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wears full coverage foundations as you will cover up the luminosity the primer gives.

Since getting the pearly white version, I have tested out the original and prefer the pearly white slightly, it just gives more of a glow to my skin. Although it is an Asia exclusive, it's available through strawberrynet for around $65 shipped.

The primer also does help my makeup to last all day, and does seem to do a pretty good job of looking in my moisturizer.

Will definitely repurchase this, although I'm not fond of the price tag, one pump is enough for my face, and I believe the bottle should last around 6 months.