September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - Make It Perfect Brush Kit (Glitter & Ice 2011)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Meh, 187s shed and the case broke right away. I mostly used them with cream product and the are supposed to work well with mineralized makeup but I do not really see the difference and the bristles are way to floppy to have control.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother bought this for me because I was in dire need of brushes. Neither of us knew at the time that MAC travel brushes are not even close to the quality of their regular brushes. I will say that they have lasted well even with weekly washes. I use them everydyay, especially the bronzer brush and 217. But, the 217 is scratchy and the bronzer brush is a little too fluffy. I now know to go ahead and splurge on the full size brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by dtalksall

I was in desperate need of a travel brush set & was hesitant to spend $150 on a sigma kit, when I've never tried sigma before & have heard mixed reviews. When I saw these sets over the holidays I knew I had to have all 3.
Pros:
~ I don't mind the short brush handle and think it's adorable
~ Brushes that need to be fluffy, are fluffy, those that need to be stiff are stiff
~ After multiple washes I have noticed minimal shedding. (The duo fiber brushes shed more, but that's typical)
~ They are made of the same fibers that their full sized counterparts are made of
~ A full travel set if you buy all 3 kits

Cons:
~ Like all LE MAC brushes, they are mass produced and machine made (at least the fibers are the same), so I'm afraid they won't last that long
~ No pencil brush in any of the kits
~ The bag is flimsy, and I broke one already
~ The fat handles don't fit in most brush rolls, so I'm going to have to make one

The price is the same as a sigma kit, but I think of better quality. I did have to practice and play with the brushes a bit before I got comfortable with them, but I do like them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover114

This brush set is amazing. I was a little hesitant on purchasing it after I read many reviews online saying that the 187 shed a lot. I've been using 2 of the brushes (187 and 130) for about 3 weeks now and find that they have minimal shedding. I use the 187 for blushes and the 130 for concealer. The 187 is also good for mineralized powders and leaves the skin looking very natural. I have yet to use the other two eye brushes but I imagine they are of the same quality as the face brushes. I am so glad that I went ahead and bought this set.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received the MAC 'Make It Perfect' Special Edition Brush set for Christmas and i adore them.

They are a set of 5 mini sized brushes which come in a clear plastic bag, the only think i do not like is the large silver circle in the middle of the bag, i think it makes it look a little cheap but i dont really mind as i keep my brushes in the pockets of my Lana bag.
My favorite thing about the brushes are the silver glittery handles, they are beautiful.
The brushes are as follows-

#167SH Bronzer Brush - I do not wear bronzer as i'm ghostly pale and does not look right on my complexion- i substitute it as a powder brush.

#168SH- Large angled contoured brush - For expert application of cheek contour.

#217SH- Blending Brush - It is one of my favourite brushes for applying colour and blending. You can achieve a wash of colour or a smoky eye in no time at all with this soft brush. It is oval with densely packed hair for blending, polishing, packing on colour and for using with any cream or emollient products. Use the side of the brush to pick up a good amount of product and then press the brush onto the eye lid. This will deposit the colour onto the eye and allow you to then use the tip of the brush to blend into the skin. This should also contribute to giving a smooth flawless and polished look on the eye lid.

#239SH-Eye Shader Brush - for general lid application/blending

#212SH-Flat definer Brush - Lines and defines the eye with colour. Firmly bristled, flat of shape; applies colour in a stroke to provide instant definition. Use with powder, liquid or cream products.

The only reason I've said i wouldn't re purchase these is because i dont think i'd have to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by vnessa814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the essentials kit and the mineralize kit and I'm so happy with it and would totally buy them again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by abbygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the Mineralize set from Holiday 2011. I love the larger 2 brushes in this set, the other 2 I never reach for. My main complaint with this set is the length of the brushes, I wish they were longer/full size (they get lost in my brush holder!). I guess this set was meant as a purse size or travel set. The smaller stippling brush is perfect for applying cream blush and I use the larger stippling brush for mineral powder foundation and liquid foundation. I've washed them and haven't had any problems with loose hairs. I'm happy with my purchase and will give the other 2 brushes in this set a try!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by acoates0005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have the Special Edition set of these brushes, I was a little disappointed with these mainly the powder brush, and the angled blush brush. I have used both a couple times and they have shed more so than expected. However the 3 eye brushes the set came with have not shed and seem to be O.K. still not as great as I expected. Its a nice set if you are looking for just a travel size set of MAC brushes but I wouldn't recommend them for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are three 'Make It Perfect' brush sets. Their names are Essential, Special Edition and Mineralize. They came with clear plastic bags. I've got Essiential and Mineralize. I think they are good value for money. First of all, let me tell you that I love travel size brushes, find them very practical and cute. I also have Sigma Travel Kit which I love to use everyday. Their handles are shorter than Sigma ones which is a big plus cause I'm having trouble fitting Sigma's into small makeup bags when I use small handbags. Clear handles looks fresh, way better than usual black. These brushes are very soft to the touch. I compared them with my original size Mac brushes and find them very good.

Clear plastic bag is not my favorite, I love its size though. The silver round thing in the middle is not my type for sure, looks odd really but I could have loved it if it has a function (exp.mirror). I think this bag's size is the ideal size of an makeup bag. It is a small bag but holds a lot of product, I mean a lot of. I really really loved the size.

Overall, I loved these brushes thinking about getting the third kit.